is Envy Augustine
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
But, I'm serious, Applejack is just as much of a tomboy as Rainbow Dash. She does "mans" work all the time. Heck, there was an episode where she almost managed the whole of sweet apple acres WITHOUT Big Macintosh's help.

Also, Rainbow Dash likes dressing up just as much as the other ponies...isn't that "girlie"?

And more, the only problem with Twilight Sparkle was that she had NO friends and ALL study. That's no more healthy than all friends and no study. And heck, every episode has her studying, researching or learning something!

THIS ARTICLE IS HIGHLY INACCURATE!

estyles

Registered
Reaction score
That one episode with the moral that everything would be great if only the Native American-styled bison would only share their land with the Old West pony town made me kind of uncomfortable, but the objections in that article are silly. Celestia has black ponies as her royal guards? Oh noes! I mean, by that logic isn't Ponyville giving us a fairly equitable racial diversity, since most of the background stallions are various shades of brown and tan, and so I'd guess Asian or Latino?

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
That one episode with the moral that everything would be great if only the Native American-styled bison would only share their land with the Old West pony town made me kind of uncomfortable, but the objections in that article are silly. Celestia has black ponies as her royal guards? Oh noes! I mean, by that logic isn't Ponyville giving us a fairly equitable racial diversity, since most of the background stallions are various shades of brown and tan, and so I'd guess Asian or Latino?

The larger problem is that the colors of human skin and the fur of the ponies are not equatable. What do you do with pink, blue, purple, red, etc. that humans don't have?

But, I'm serious, Applejack is just as much of a tomboy as Rainbow Dash. She does "mans" work all the time. Heck, there was an episode where she almost managed the whole of sweet apple acres WITHOUT Big Macintosh's help.
Didn't she only get half of it done in time?

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Actually I would say that Apple Jack is more Tomboyish than Rainbow Dash. And yeah, she did only get half of it done, but considering the size of that orchard, that's pretty impressive.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Darn you! Darn you all to heck!
:rant:

Counts My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic purchases she made on iTunes this weekend.
:cry: or rather :yessmiley

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have to admit, this thread has made me watch MLP and I'm becoming a HUGE Pinkie Pie fan

110221-pinky-pie.jpg

Bookewyrme

Imagined half of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookewyrme.straydreamers.com
So....just discovered this show. I was huge into MLP the toys as a kid, and then I started collecting them as an adult. And then I started writing about them. Because sometimes I like to write about ponies...

Anyway. OMG I love this show. Rainbow Dash is my favorite, followed closely by Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy. :)

Apparently, My Little Pony: FiM is homophobic, racist and anti-smart people.
http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2010/12/09/my-little-homophobic-racist-smarts-shaming-pony/
:Shrug:
Erm...What? I would be slightly more impressed with that article if it was at all apparent that the author had watched any significant amount of the show. But it didn't seem like she had, she based all of her opinions on a short promotional clip and the description of ONE episode. I admit, the buffalo-bison one made me a little uncomfortable too, but overall I think it's a great show, for kids AND adults.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
So....just discovered this show. I was huge into MLP the toys as a kid, and then I started collecting them as an adult. And then I started writing about them. Because sometimes I like to write about ponies...

Anyway. OMG I love this show. Rainbow Dash is my favorite, followed closely by Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy. :)
You're not the only one that likes to writes about ponies. Since the debut of the newest series, there's been an explosion of MLP FiM fanfics. You can find most of them here:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/

I would particularly suggest reading the Luna Vs series. And Rainbow Dash is everypony's favorite character. :)

doodle

Registered
Reaction score
Omg so happy to see a thread on MLP. They're just so effin cute, I want to cuddle them all :Hug2: Especially Fluttershy, always my favorite pony

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Except for when she goes insane and starts replacing her friends with buckets of turnips. :tongue

Not true. Her psychotic moments are what makes Pinkie Pie perfect:D

demotivational-posters-it-will-be-slow.jpg

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
All of the episodes on right now are reruns for me. I want to see the reruns I haven't seen yet! My internet is too slow to use youtube without waiting hours for one episode to load. But I'm SORELY tempted.