The Old Neverending PublishAmerica Thread (Publish America)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned-Aide

Registered
Reaction score
Midlander,
Your post makes me sad. It is the same post I've seen over and over again. Believe me, you are not an idiot. If someone has no experience in the publishing industry, and is an honest person, they assume that a publisher claiming to be a legitimate publisher will not lie to them. That's how most of us got suckered in.

BA

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
TracySutterer & ArgileStox said:
It is our contention that PublishAmerica is protecting Marcus Howard
Bretschneider AKA HB Marcus / Kilroy for, as of yet, an undetermined reason.

Tracy Sutterer and I request that PublishAmerica disclose to us the
professional
and personal relationship you have with Marcus Howard Bretschneider
AKA HB Marcus / Kilroy - to which end, will satisfy our questions.

Maybe they're the ones who gave HB the idea of using public library computers for making attacks on their critics and they don't want you disclosing any information you have? Of course, if that is their intent, they're sure going about it in the wrong manner.

TracySutterer & GaryRogers

Coffee Fanatics
Registered
Reaction score
Of contracts, emails, and PA

For HB, mark w., and nightie girl....as well as several other people on the PA board who have ever questioned Argile's line, "DON'T PISS OFF A NEW YORKER!" ..... I believe they are seeing what is meant by that line. Pissing off my New Yorker is never a good thing to do. Gotta love my New Yorker! God knows that I do!

I think everyone at PA will finally see what a force Argile and I can be.

Sparhawk....It's always good to see you! Your post to HB was one of the last posts I was allowed to see on the private board before they removed my access. I couldn't respond to it. I would just like to say that you nailed it. That was an excellent post! And you, sir, are a wonderful person! Thank you for your support!

The contract I just signed with PA does indeed have a 100 dollar advance in it. I asked for that and five author's copies. I got both. It is so stupid of them to continue this contract when they will lose money. They have told me that I'm taking all of this personally, but if they had any kind of business sense, they would let me go. They are being far more personal than I am. They forget how well I know the situation and HB Marcus. So be it.

Again.... thank you everyone for your support! Let the games begin....

Tracy

Coffee Fanatics
Registered
Reaction score
Okay! Where would the Moderators of this Board like us to place the "HB Marcus - Easter Weekend / Death Hoax" e-mails? Here or on the "Take It Outside Board - HB Marcus Thread"? Please Advise.

Argile Stox & Tracy Sutterer

Dear Ms. Sutterer:

We are not responsible for the content of Mr. Marcus' emails, and you may do
with them whatever you want.

You don't seem to understand that we have no dog in individual authors'
fights, and that we are not interested in spending any significant time on
what people may or may not say on message boards. Unlike you, most people
don't live their lives on the internet. They don't care what little
guerrillas may be fought there.

The vast majority of our more than twelve thousand authors are regular
folks, and the same is true for the vast majority of new authors who want to
join PublishAmerica, to the tune of more than 130 every day, a record high.
They browse the web, see the silly anger that is being exchanged between
board regulars without a life, and they ignore it. They do have a life to
live, and better things to do, such as getting their books in publication at
no cost to them.

Ironically, ever since PublishAmerica became the most hotly debated entity
in traditional publishing, our popularity has increased dramatically. The
more people such as yourself take public potshots at us, the better our
visibility, and the clearer the real picture becomes. PublishAmerica has
nothing to fear from exposure, whether intended with malice or not. Regular,
normal, decent people see us as who and what we are: the world's only
provider of free publishing opportunities for thousands upon thousands of
writers, who demands nothing in return.

So, by all means, expose your stuff. We don't care.

Thank you,
Author Support Team
[email protected]

Last edited:

Memphis Ed

Big Elvis fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.edhorrell.com
Regular,
normal, decent people see us as who and what we are: the world's only
provider of free publishing opportunities for thousands upon thousands of
writers, who demands nothing in return.

So, by all means, expose your stuff. We don't care.

Thank you,
Author Support Team
[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

Argile and Tracy- Bring on that New York heat, baby! I get the feeling that PA has pissed off the wrong group here.

realitychuck

Hack Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sff.net
Alien Threat

I just can't resist: from the website of a PA author -- plot synopsis.

Based in 2040, a new alien threat has emerged. One that will alter the entire mind set of the world. I have just signed on with Publish America!

That's an alien threat, all right -- and a terrifying one.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Okay! Where would the Moderators of this Board like us to place the "HB Marcus - Easter Weekend / Death Hoax" e-mails? Here or on the "Take It Outside Board - HB Marcus Thread"? Please Advise.

I recommend the HB Marcus thread. Make the PA monitors have to search to find it. ;)

bluwinteryfox

fun's my middle name
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Whenever I read an email reply from Author NonSupport I want to laugh. The authors who are unhappy with pa, send in well written and informative letters. Whereas author nonsupport writes a bunch of crap. They come across sounding like a kid trying to convince their parents that what they did really was okay. If what pa did to all of us wasn’t so bad and rotten, this would be funny.

Coffee Fanatics
Registered
Reaction score
DaveKuzminski said:
I recommend the HB Marcus thread. Make the PA monitors have to search to find it. ;)

It is our intention to follow all rules and regulations of this Forum. Tracy & I will follow the recommendations of the Moderators regarding the release of the HB Marcus e-mails.

We will wait for their advice on this matter.

M. Story

Pollyanna with n attitude
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Welcome to A.W.

I'm sorry. There was so much that bears repeating in this quote that I didn't want to condense it any further.
midlander said:
Reality hit me with the royalty check I received in March...I was losing the battle!............I had given up a good paying job to devote full time to my effort of reforming the foster care system which I grew up in....the book was only part of the effort...speeches were another part as the two sort of go together. I also spent thousands in effort to promote the book. I almost went into financial ruin in my effort.

I have grown totaly disgusted with PA, their lack of effort to assist authors in selling their books in any way what so ever.

...........In the meantime I must do temporary work, file bankruptcy and other things all because I believed in a publisher that did nothing excpet print my first book.

Here is my web site if you want to see a bit about the first and second books: http://www.larrya.us

I just had to begin getting all this out of my system...I am angry, disappointed and many other adjectives. I was duped as many others are being or have been.

Despite what PA has done I will not give up my dream of changing other childrens lives.

PA may have won this battle but they will not win the war! Peace,
Larry~(midlander)

Larry,
Emotewelcome.gif
!!! Glad you are joining us, and I know you will have much to add to A.W. Many from PA have come over here to share their horror stories, and to warn others of the scam that is publiSHAMErica. You'll find there are nice people here who willingly offer advice that may help you get back on track in reaching your goals.

I know your heart to help others, and I know your story. It is too good to let it die with PA. So, hang in there. Help is on the wayyyy...

NancyMehl

She Who Resonates...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancymehlbooks.com
Tracy and Argile,

To ban you from their boards and to allow Shemp to post whatever vile, poisonous spewing rant he wants makes it clear that what PA doesn't want is anything negative about their company.

Shemp's regular vomitings and "Nightie Girl's" ridiculous pictures are beyond belief. It makes it absolutely obvious that PA is unprofessional and moronic.

But they try to convince you that you were banned because you "broke the rules?"

I think the rules must state:

"No intelligent comments will be allowed. Any sensible statements that might actually shine the light of truth or realistic investigation will be immediately expelled from the message board. Please limit all posts to happy comments that make us look like the only hope for would be published writers or insane ramblings that make no sense and include threats of retaliation.

"If you have any trouble understanding the above rules, please contact our personal lap dog, H.B. Marcus, for a barely coherent explanation. Remember to preface all questions to Mr. Marcus with "Oh, H.B. - you're a god. May I please climb up your echelon ladder and touch your aurora?"

Thank you.

Author Suppression :Ssh:

Nancy

Sparhawk

Jenna's Cabana Boy
Registered
Reaction score
Banned Again

I guess they didn't like me sticking up for Jenna. Cowards!! PA you have no honor.. spineless, weasely sycophants.

Tracy and Argile I love what you're doing and am drooling to read Shemp's E-Mails.

akaa1a

Giggle Collector
Registered
Reaction score
Wow!

Tracy and Argile...there is more packed in your 20 posts than I think I have ever seen! I'm glad you are both here!

Larry...I'm right with you in the "feel stupid" department! I totally understand your feelings and anger. But...:Hug2:maybe that will make you feel a bit better! I know I do!

Trapped in amber

Registered
Reaction score
Sparhawk, they may have banned you, but you did a great thing posting the truth about Jenna.

I'm seriously considering kidnapping a random mod so I can see those emails:D.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
You have always been more than average satisfied with your publisher...
Wow. I hope that PA letter wasn't written by one of their editors. It had some phrasing that had to be taken out and shot. Besides being silly and misinformed.

I don't understand why PA has to do stuff like this -- especially to their loyal, long-standing authors. They could just give you what you want and help improve their image. Instead, they're like the kid who throws spitballs, never realizing that one day, he's going to hit the principal by accident.

realitychuck

Hack Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sff.net
AnneMarble said:
I don't understand why PA has to do stuff like this -- especially to their loyal, long-standing authors.
Because, to PA, the authors are disposable. They expect you to publish one or two novels with them and then wise up. Once you figure out what's going on, you stop sending them any more books. They know this, so don't care if they drive you away.

I think the treatment will backfire on them eventually, but PA does go on the principle that there's a sucker born every minute. The purpose of AW is to alert people that they are being played for a sucker and keep them from getting caught in the PA trap.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
:welcome: to all our new friends, Tracy & Argile, and Larry. CJ, if I didn't say hello to you here (I did respond to one of your really good questions elsewhere) consider yourself welcomed, too!

Esper, well done on the Jenna defense. :) Sorry it cost you your posting rights over THERE, but hey, you're in good company with the banned.

Nancy, I love your version of the PA posting rules, especially the homage that must be paid to the lapdog when emailing him. :D

Susan G.

Banned-Aide

Registered
Reaction score
Sitting impatiently, waiting for the HB emails
Tap, tap, tapping on my chin with my finger.
Could it be? Could somebody actually have the ammo to
shut him up?
Tap, tap, tapping.............

BA

Coffee Fanatics
Registered
Reaction score
It is our intention to follow all rules and regulations of this Forum. Tracy & I will follow the recommendations of the Moderators regarding the release of the HB Marcus e-mails.

We will wait for their advice on this matter.

Tracy Sutterer & Argile Stox will not, I repeat, Will Not under any circumstances what-so-ever, disregard any advice by the Moderators of this Forum concerning the HB Marcus / Easter Weekend 2005 / Death Hoax e-mails.

We are offering the e-mails only to expose the mentality of HB Marcus, and PublishAmerica's continued denial of their business / personal relationship with them.

The e-mails clearly - in HB Marcus's own words, give insight into his and PublishAmerica's role in the Hoax.

We will abide by any decision that is rendered by the Moderators of this forum. We just need to be advised as to which Forum the correspondence should be placed or not.

Until such time as we receive permission to Post the e-mails - by the Moderators of this Forum, the HB Marcus e-mails will not be Posted.

Honor & Respect For You,

Last edited:

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
We just need to be advised as to which Forum the correspondence should be placed or not.
I'm not a moderator, but I know where it goes: the Thread of the Living Dead in the Take It Outside forum. Whether the material should be posted at all is another question. For that, you might need a moderator. If it's private e-mails, there may be a problem with posting it on a public board.

Coffee Fanatics
Registered
Reaction score
reph said:
I'm not a moderator, but I know where it goes: the Thread of the Living Dead in the Take It Outside forum. Whether the material should be posted at all is another question. For that, you might need a moderator. If it's private e-mails, there may be a problem with posting it on a public board.

You echo our thoughts - Exactly! It is our intention to maintain the integrity of this Forum, and not to cause any harm to Jenna or to its members.

Last edited:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I'm a mod. :)

They should go on the Shemp thread.

While we've agreed NOT to post any quotes off of the Private PA message board--the public board is fair game.

We HAVE, multiple times in the past, posted copies of PA emails to authors--my reasoning is that there is at least some consensus that HB is in collusion with PA to a greater degree than the other PA authors. So I think the emails are fair game.

They also would be easy enough to remove, should Jenna feel otherwise.

Also, didn't HB say publically that Tracy and Argile should do anything they wanted with the emails? I seem to remember reading that--the thread is gone, for sure--but I bet we have a screenshot, somewhere.

Last edited:

roach

annoyed and annoying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.idiorhythmic.net
Author Support E-mails

I'm usually a live and let live person when it comes to e-mails and postings. People write fast and make mistakes, but when you are writing on behalf of a publishing company to authors you should hold yourself to a higher standard. I've never read such awkwardly written missives by a publishing company in my life.

I wouldn't normally post something like this but I've been in a mood for the last four days...maybe I don't have enough chocolate in my blood stream or something.

If nothing else, this correspondence should let serious writers know that PublishAmerica is not the sort of company they want representing their work.

Coffee Fanatics
Registered
Reaction score
MacAllister said:
I'm a mod. :)

They should go on the Shemp thread.

While we've agreed NOT to post any quotes off of the Private PA message board--the public board is fair game.

We HAVE, multiple times in the past, posted copies of PA emails to authors--my reasoning is that there is at least some consensus that HB is in collusion with PA to a greater degree than the other PA authors. So I think the emails are fair game.

They also would be easy enough to remove, should Jenna feel otherwise.

Tracy and I believe that there should be a total agreement between Jenna and the Moderators of this Forum as to the Posting of the HB Marcus e-mails. We will abide by that agreement. Please Advise.

Yes. HB Marcus Posted that we can 'Do as we please, and Post the e-mails.' He did not care one way or the other.

Honor & Respect For You,

Last edited:

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
HB Marcus Posted that we can 'Do as we please, and Post the e-mails.' He did not care one way or the other.

Aha. In that case, please post away! But in the Take It Outside board thread if you don't mind. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.