zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of packing hell and only barely skimming, so my apologies if I've missed any congrats or commiserations.

Happy Birthday, Ace! :Cake:

Trying to pack my entire house by myself with a full-time job, two 4-year-olds underfoot when I'm not at work, and one mostly-useless arm* really stinks. I probably won't be around much for the next month or so as I try to get this all done, but that doesn't mean I'm not thinking of y'all. :)

(* my PT has declared me a lost cause and punted me back to the ortho for a surgical consult)

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
We've found that posting first or raw drafts creates too many frustrations. The people giving feedback are too distracted by simple mistakes that show up in first drafts. You don't have to edit to 'I will sub this tomorrow' level, but give it a good look over or two to polish it a bit.

And if you dont mind repeating the question in the thread, others might chime in or benefit from the discussion :)

Ahhh. Right... So an "I have at least checked this over to make sure I have made a reasonable attempt at spelling and sensible-ness" kind of thing is ok. Got ya :) Also, will do re: posting in the thread.. I didn't want to look too much of a git straight away in a new thread! ;)

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
HAPPY BIRFDAYS, ACE!

CAKE.gif

Hrm. I need someone to look over what I'm writing and tell me that all the narrator voices are distinct, but I can't post in SYW yet. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

POAST MAOR

Mike Cat seems to be on the mend. He's eating and drinking again, and seems more like his old self.

yay! :) Good for Mike Cat!

I'm trying to psych myself up for grocery shopping. Hasn't worked just yet, but I do have a bra on. That's halfway out the door in my world.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi gais

*waves*

*dashes back outside to get a few things done before coming in to check on the bone stock and yogurt making and cock baking*

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ACE!! :partyguy:

Good Morning Friends!

I'm flying in and out because I'm running late for church and such. But I just wanted to point out that I finally did a way overdue book review in my blog.

Sorry it took so long Hillz. And don't worry Tiff, your's is coming soon. ;)

Also, I really like reading/reviewing books written by AW-ers. I know there's a library that list all the published stuff, but does anyone have any recommendations?

No worries!

Off the top of my head from what I've read in the last week: Stacia Kane (especially Downside series), Alex Adams (White Horse), and Jill Myles (I just started the Succubus Diaries series--so good!). Also, not read in the last week but still amazing: Cat Hellisen's When the Sea is Rising Red.

Good (late) morning! Rough day is rough. Second day in a row I woke up at 4a. Hangover-esque headache from hell commenced upon waking.

:Hug2:

Mike Cat seems to be on the mend. He's eating and drinking again, and seems more like his old self.

Yay!!! Nothing like a kitty not eating or drinking to make you worry like crazy. :Hug2:

Trying to pack my entire house by myself with a full-time job, two 4-year-olds underfoot when I'm not at work, and one mostly-useless arm* really stinks. I probably won't be around much for the next month or so as I try to get this all done, but that doesn't mean I'm not thinking of y'all. :)

(* my PT has declared me a lost cause and punted me back to the ortho for a surgical consult)

You poor thing! Sucks on the surgery (especially the timing--ugh), but hopefully they'll be able to figure it out and get you some relief.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am glad my oddness is loved :)

Also, when the apocalypse comes, we'll all have yogurt. Everyone pack a bit of plain yogurt so we dont have to hunt down mold on windows or whatever...

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooh, I'm late on the bday wishes. Happy birthday, Ace!

Raven- ohhh, what kind of hummers? I havent seen any at my window feeder yet, but I heard some baby wrens or somesuch bird as mom/dad went in and out to feed them.

Ruby throateds :D As far as I know that's one of like 3 species in the whole country, lol. There are also some mostly brown ones with yellow and black markings, I have no idea what kind those are.

I'd never seen one before 'cept in Youtube videos. They're so much more adorable up this close!

Woot!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's crazy. Maybe citrus crops are having issues...

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
why do you think I put in the effort to go pick all my fruit myself? Too damned expensive to buy!

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations y'all! I've added a few more books to my TBR pile. :)

Operation Keep Baby Awake is well under way. He don't sleep until I tell him to. I'm pretty much done with only getting g a few hours every night.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
One of my cats has resumed what we not-so-affectionately called his Peepee Rampage. Which basically means he just urinates small drops around the house. The first time this happened, we freaked out and feared it might be blockage, crystals, something like that. It turned out it was some form of UTI. He's at it again, so I think I need to head down to the vet, get him an anti-biotic and then smear a trans-dermal medicine in his ear for a month or three to make sure he gets over it again.

At least, I hope it's just the UTI again.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
*prays to Ceiling Cat*

The handsome ginger cat from down the river came and visited us on the porch today - he is HUGE! Easily twice Cricket's size. She was beside herself. And he just sat there looking at her, until he got tired of being meowed at, and he just lay down on our porch like he owned it.

It was hysterical.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
My husband is snoozing on the couch, but somehow he stirred enough to hear me saying, "Zombie. Horse. ...Awesome." That woke up him completely. Because who wouldn't want the details on a zombie horse?

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
That woke up him completely. Because who wouldn't want the details on a zombie horse?

I'm still kind of horrified at myself over my anticipation for a zombie apocalypse after all the face eating that's been going on lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.