A Life of Crime and Chocolate

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
Love the new Bioshock - it what number 2 should of been. Brooker is a great anti hero. Not meant to like him but can't help it.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
French, hope you and Blake have a wonderful time.

HJ, how did the writing class go? And how is your little 'un today?

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
The writing class went GREAT! :) Thanks for asking. I'll tell you more about it soon. :)

The boy is not so good. Got home last night just in time for him to throw up all over me. :( Poor kid just can't beat it.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The writing class went GREAT! :) Thanks for asking. I'll tell you more about it soon. :)

Look forward to it.;)

The boy is not so good. Got home last night just in time for him to throw up all over me. :( Poor kid just can't beat it.

Poor wee mite. (And poor momma:D) I hate it when any of the kids are sick, would much prefer to be sick myself than see them suffer.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the boy child is still sick, HJ. :Hug2:

FM, hope you have a wonderful holiday.

ps. Can you bring me back a drop bear, please? :D I want to beef up my home security. :D

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Mr.Mitchell have you ever played the Fallout series? I think if you like Bioshock, you may enjoy them. I love Fallout 3 especially but it's too addictive!

Question for you all. If I was to use the word decolletage, would you know what it means?

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Mr.Mitchell have you ever played the Fallout series? I think if you like Bioshock, you may enjoy them. I love Fallout 3 especially but it's too addictive!

Question for you all. If I was to use the word decolletage, would you know what it means?

Yes.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you.

I seriously just found the word tonight. A little awkward as I am a girl as so, you know just found about I had one tonight.

Mind you, I spent years convinced that a carpenter laid carpets. Hmm...I'm smart really ;-D

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Thank you.

I seriously just found the word tonight. A little awkward as I am a girl as so, you know just found about I had one tonight.

Mind you, I spent years convinced that a carpenter laid carpets. Hmm...I'm smart really ;-D
In distant years I'd heard this used and it wasn't until recently when I was investigating skin care that I was reminded of the term. :)

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score

Yeah, I've played Fallout 3. It's a good game, no doubt but very buggy.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Yeah, that was my experience. I played it like nothing else (I think my save file says I've logged about 120 hours or so) but lost count of the times it froze and crashed.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
I have had a mad day! Did the weekly food shop and then met a friend for breakfast. We spent two hours talking about all sorts of 'stuff'. I then went to a local garden centre because I need a new rake. I did not get a rake - I got two pairs of shoes! The bad weather has meant that garden centres are suffering and are now having to diversify. The one I went to has a really good cafe - sometimes go there for breakfast. They also have a craft section so I can get embroidery threads there. The shoe shop was a surprise though. I hate buying shoes but the manager of the shop really knew her stock and found about ten different styles of shoe that fitted my very wide foot. She then told me they were all in the sale. I got two pairs for less than the price of one pair! I came home feeling very happy. Hope your Saturday was as good as mine!

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Drained...absolutely drained.

My beloved team in the Scottish Cup Semi final today. I'll tell you, supporting Hibernian FC can really take it out of you. After 30 mins, we're losing 3-0 to Falkirk, a team in the league below. By the end of the first half it looks like game over. End of second half its 3-3. We win 4-3 with an absolute stunner of a goal with five minutes left in extra time.

My emotions today : nervous -> angry -> embarrassed -> hopeful -> estatic.

Bear in mind the last time we won the scottish cup was 111 years ago. Last year's final we lost 5-1 to our biggest rivals and this is only the start of redemption.

That was my Saturday and now I need to go and sit down. :e2faint:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
IAMWRITER - (At least your team's not in the third division now. Albeit winners, but still).

I had a weird one last night. Actually dreamed a story. And weirdly, unlike most stories that come in dreams, it made a bit of sense when I woke up. It was all about this FBI profiler being called in to handle a serial killer case, working with an ex agent who'd been basically kicked out because of 'problems' but was needed for his knowledge of the cases etc. The twist of it all was actually an idea I'd had ages ago and written down for future consideration, but this dream basically wrapped the idea up in a pretty complete story. It was weird.

Usually when I have these things I wake up thinking 'wow, what a great idea' then actually think about it and realise no, a flying donkey as a detective wouldn't really work...

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Detective Donkey would be an awesome story...flying without traffic limits to slow him down, the city's criminals would stand no chance.

Better than my dreams though...half of mine contain zombies and getting chased by dangerous animals. Thankfully they all end just as they catch me but still...

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Detective Donkey, I like that. Sort of Winnie the Pooh in Crimeland.

Tomorrow I start the last half term I will teach. I am depressed about having to go into work and elated that there are only six weeks before I am free.

Happy Sunday everyone.