Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Hey gang. I don't know why I'm tired all the time - I'm pretty much over being sick physically, and I had this problem before I went to Lala-land. I try to study or play guitar or do anything at home that requires concentration and I seem to keel over. I get tired at my job too because it's mind-bruisingly boring, but there's enough constant terror to keep me awake there, ironically. Frustrating...
Speaking of Lala-land, echo the happy birthday to Orson Welles. I'm still buzzed a little from seeing his movie on the most historic big screen of all, and so I relish that a little. I may have to watch Ed Wood tonight :ROFL: that will wake me up...

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Mario
I think you should be telling your doctor this. You may not be over being sick physically.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mario -I was tired all the time until finally I was sleeping all weekend and physically hurt by Friday from fatigue. I told my doc and he ran a few tests then sent me to a sleep doc and I had a sleep study- gota cpap and now i a
A lot better.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, and for those of you who are mothers, or who had or have mothers, happy Mother's Day.

Maryn, back from a short trip, with very sore feet

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Mother's Day to all of you!!!

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope everyone had a great weekend. It was an incredible one for me. Our local YMCA father-daughter Indian Princesses program had a weekend camp-out at Camp Sea Gull (coastal NC, on the Neuse River). It was a great time with BB guns, archery, boat rides, canoeing, crafts, sifting for shark teeth, basketball, and a three-story zip-line into a lake. Food was great and plentiful, and the evening campfire included skits, a good scary story, and professional fireworks. There were 350 campers in a camp that can handle 800, so there was very little waiting in lines. Fizzette had a grand time, and even made a nice Mother's Day gift in the crafts area. Next weekend is a Boy Scout camping trip with Little Fizzy. Memories in the making.

Rich, not quite Grizzly Adams or Jeremiah Johnson

Last edited:

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
Fizz, that sounds amazing! I'm sure your kids are loving all of the Dad-time they're getting. :)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fizz, after you've taken each kid, can I have a turn? This sounds like so much fun.

Maryn, scared of the yellow ball in the sky

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We could do a HOLer camping trip for families, couples, and singles. Might make for some interesting tent gossip, and give tip opportunities for the towel boy...

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
To me, 'camping' is a hotel with less than three stars.

Maryn, who can't remember where she heard that line

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
:hi:
The super chemical-y stuff plus the heat gun is not doing the job. Can I just move?
I did most of my growing up in a house with 'horsehair plaster'. I remember more wall than paper coming away each time.

Sassandgroove makes homemade jam that's as good as any I've ever had.
Better than Mum's crabapple 2010?

I find that hard to believe, but am eager to be proved wrong :)
Maryn, back from a short trip, with very sore feet
*Massages Maryn's feet*
BB guns, archery, boat rides, canoeing, crafts, sifting for shark teeth, basketball, and a three-story zip-line into a lake. Food was great and plentiful,
Can I come next time?
Maryn, scared of the yellow ball in the sky
I saw the natives throwing stones at this strange orb today.

Ben, stealing Maryn's sign-off for no good purpose.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I couldn't camp out. I hate bugs and I want indoor plumbing.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey gang. I don't know why I'm tired all the time - I'm pretty much over being sick physically, and I had this problem before I went to Lala-land. I try to study or play guitar or do anything at home that requires concentration and I seem to keel over. I get tired at my job too because it's mind-bruisingly boring, but there's enough constant terror to keep me awake there, ironically. Frustrating...
Speaking of Lala-land, echo the happy birthday to Orson Welles. I'm still buzzed a little from seeing his movie on the most historic big screen of all, and so I relish that a little. I may have to watch Ed Wood tonight :ROFL: that will wake me up...

Maybe you just need more coffee? :e2coffee: Or more :Sun:?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Up and at 'em, Housekins! The sun's shining, the pear tree outside my window is flowering (we weren't sure it was alive after some winter damage), and deer don't eat daffodils, so I have some flowers. I wrote a busload of words yesterday, which means I let everything else slide, so I have lots to do today.

Who's coming over to paint the bathroom's first coat? I'm taking the #$%^&*! door off. I figure if I start a fire using the heat gun on it to get the damned wallpaper off, better that it happen outside.

Maryn, not eager to begin, even though she kind of likes interior painting

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to pandora's efforts, the first coat is finished. This is the brand of paint I always buy, but I'm not pleased with this can's tendency to 'drool'--we had to smooth out lots of dribbles where it ran. But for one coat done fast and sloppy (we're trying to make the bathroom tolerable for guests at very little cost, because we plan to gut it and start over in two or three years), it looks pretty decent.

Maryn, still pissed at the builder, though

Mom'sWrite

Service with a smile
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.returnengagement.blogspot.com
I'd love to help, but I must go serve the cause of bureaucracy and inane governmental control by having my car emissions tested. I expect a long line, an exorbitant fee, followed by an excessively long wait at the DMV, three creepy guys asking me what I'm reading, a surly agent, screaming children, at least one mental breakdown in the crowd, misdirected paperwork, an outrageous fee to change the license to my name, incorrect information, another insane fee to license the car for a year, and a headache.

Maybe it would be better to hide out in Maryn's bathroom.

Carol, girding her loins

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You know, a lot is wrong with the government of my state, but our DMV seems to be a lot better than the ones other people have to deal with. Last time I had to go, I was in and out in maybe 25 minutes.

Maryn, who got her first-ever personalized license plates as a birthday gift

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Mr. Komnena and I have spent the day at the doctor's where hopefully they removed all the cancer.

Mom'sWrite

Service with a smile
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.returnengagement.blogspot.com
You know, a lot is wrong with the government of my state, but our DMV seems to be a lot better than the ones other people have to deal with. Last time I had to go, I was in and out in maybe 25 minutes.

Better get me your address because wherever you are, that's where I'm moving.

45 minutes in line to get tested, then the guy administering the test drops my keys between the seat and the console where even my tiny fingers can't reach them. Another 20 minutes and p.o.ed motorists later, I fish them out with a popsicle stick. Then I spent another 2 hours at the DMV and didn't even get served because I had to pick up monkeys from school. I get to do it again tomorrow.

Fortunately, there is wine.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about your DMV woes.

We got a puppy! Her name is Hoshi. We found her last week, talked about it and arranged to adopt her last WEdnesday. She was timid when we got her but she's really come out of her shell. She is very sweet and likes to love on people. Leela dog liked her when we picked her up but was skeptical when she realized she was coming into our house with us. they romp in the yard, it is cute. This is the day we got her. Hubby has taken more but they are still on the camera.
5708455741_297e31fe24_m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.