• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Promotion] BookYell

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
So, this popped up on Goodreads today.

Hey everyone!

My name's Ethan Gordon and I'm the product manager for www.BookYell.com. BookYell is the greatest way to reach new readers to promote your KDP Select Enrolled Kindle Book and even get a guaranteed profit.

You are buying a book listing in our newsletter, which is sent to our growing list of active subscribers. Our promise is simple: we guarantee that your book, whether it’s fiction or non-fiction, no matter the genre or niche, will receive at least 75 Kindle Unlimited borrows within 48 hours who read more than 10% of your book, meaning you will earn a guaranteed share of the KDP Select monthly global fund. This makes us a unique and appealing service.

99% of Books Enrolled in KDP Select Will be Accepted!
Fiction & Non-Fiction Books on Any Subject are Welcome.
No Restrictions on Genre, Niche or Length of the Book!
New Releases are Welcome.
Borrow Ranges Vary from 80 to 350.
Guaranteed 75 Borrows or Your Money Back!

What Is Kindle Unlimited?
When you enroll your title in KDP Select, your title will be included in Kindle Unlimited (KU), a new subscription service for readers in the U.S. This is also a new opportunity to increase revenue for authors enrolled in KDP Select. Customers are able to read as many books as they want while subscribed to Kindle Unlimited. When those who have borrowed your book read more than 10% of it, you will earn a share of the KDP Select monthly global fund.

I look forward to seeing you on www.BookYell.com, and would love to hear your success stories using our service.

I see some digging has already been done on both Goodreads and on the Kboards, something about the site being listed in Australia, a physical address listing in the UK, and the gist of the program only working in the US. So, it's pretty clearly a scam I'd say. Still, I thought I'd bring this to your attention as well.

www.BookYell.com

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
I don't know if this is what's going on, but this is what the users of a different forum I go to say is happening:

Someone signed up for 75 KindleUnlimmited accounts. Now they run a service and barrow (and read) everyone's book who signs up.

They make money once they've covered their subscription cost.

What evil masterminds!

Not saying that's what going on here, just looks suspicious.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
As of mid '15: "We'll be launching in 2016". Tw & FB ceased in January.