Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

TechnoFusion

Registered
Reaction score
Ugh. I just had a spark of inspiration and really want to write my draft right now but I can't because people are awake and my parents are going to want to see it if they catch me.

And if they read it, well, you'll have to say goodbye to my presence on the Internet for a while. :(

Though they're probably the most liberal people in my family, they won't take well to their "little boy" writing edgy YA.

aspiringauthor123

Always swimming against the current
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh. I just had a spark of inspiration and really want to write my draft right now but I can't because people are awake and my parents are going to want to see it if they catch me.

And if they read it, well, you'll have to say goodbye to my presence on the Internet for a while. :(

Though they're probably the most liberal people in my family, they won't take well to their "little boy" writing edgy YA.

Ah I know the feeling. I don't show my parents anything. They don't read YA and they would not understand

CJ Knightrey

She Who Constantly Changes Avatars
Registered
Reaction score
Slow going, but progress still :) I've been focusing on getting ready for school and working. Here's hoping school will give me more time to focus on getting writing done.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
This month has been the worst for writing for me so far this year. Oddly enough, I'm hoping that being back in school with a set routine will help. Having limited free time does tend to motivate me to actually use what I have productively.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
This month has been the worst for writing for me so far this year. Oddly enough, I'm hoping that being back in school with a set routine will help. Having limited free time does tend to motivate me to actually use what I have productively.

I know that feeling. My best, and fastest writing happened when i was in school. Now that I've graduated and have a job. I get nothing done ever. I'm just always too tired. So considering i slept for like 12 hours today, might as well stay up and try to get some done.

Last edited:

J.S.Fairey

Registered
Reaction score
Um. Hi guys. I've been on this site a while, but I only just recently started writing YA. My name's Jack, and I'm 17. You guys looked nice, and fun, so I thought I'd pop in and say hi! So. Hi!

I write mainly speculative stuff, though I'd like to do some contemporary soon. Look forward to getting to know you all!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Jack! Sorry it took so long for someone to reply, the thread is pretty dead at the moment. Welcome! We're glad to have you!

DaisyH

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I'm Daisy, and I'm 18. Saw that there had been recent posts in this thread so I thought I might introduce myself and join in!

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I thought about doing an unofficial one just aiming to write 50k during the month. I'm almost finished with one WIP and I don't plan on starting another when I finish so the timing isn't good. I'm probably not going to, though, because I just don't have the time.

KateH

[insert witty title here]
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
It's been a while since I've posted on AW, but I figured I'd post here and see if anyone else is around :)