average word count per web page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 42

That's an impossible question to answer since there's not set size to a web page; I could set an entire novel as a single page--and some sites do.

Mike Coombes

Guru
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writers.ktf-design.com
Look at similar sites to the ones you will be writing for, and count for yourself. Bear in mind that the most important information needs to be 'above the fold' - in the area of screen you see immediately without having to scroll down - that's the bit you have to convince visitors not to go elsewhere.

theengel

Complete Joke
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sahdguide.info
And use the seven second rule.

You have seven seconds to capture the reader. If you can't do it within that time (including loading time) you'll get the back button.

JuliePgh

Registered
Reaction score
Website
juliekcohen.com
theengel said:
And use the seven second rule.

You have seven seconds to capture the reader. If you can't do it within that time (including loading time) you'll get the back button.

I've heard it quoted lower, even at 3, but it's more than words at play... it's the layout/color/graphics too, so you only have so much in your control.

If you want to quote a rate, just qualify the words per page. For example, $x for a page of y word count. That will give your clients an idea. Especially since even within 1 site, not all pages will be the same length.

Status
Not open for further replies.