Sound tracks for your book?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
This is so me. I find some much inspiration. I have playlists for inspiration that get turned into soundtracks as I write, but I tend to write to albums. Here's some examples:

INVINCIBLE: Yellowcard, The Used, Adelitas Way

STUPID CUPID: One Direction & Big Time Rush

Paragon Academy: Chronicles of Narnia soundtracks. :D

adipose

Registered
Reaction score
"Sea Talk" by Zola Jesus has been the inspiration for the climax of my novel for a longgg time. And I definitely picture scenes in my head like a movie, with the music playing in the background. It helps to try to make the picture in my head match what comes across on the page.

chicgeek

Registered
Reaction score
Daft Punk's Musical Score from the Tron sequel. Just really moody and ambient, plus I love Daft Punk. Funny, my avatar comes from the movie, too. You'd almost think I liked it or that it was any good. Instead it was mostly fluff (with Jeff Bridges randomly co-starring), but it was pretty to look at.

Trevor Z

Learning About New Fish
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trevorzawalich.com
Glad I'm not the only one who does this.

Epic, sweeping heavy metal for anything fantasy I'm writing. Sets a grand, dark tone for the world. Also, I can ignore the lyrics most of the time while I'm doing the actual writing.

Amorphis has been hard on repeat for my most recent WIP (Kalevala themed melodic-death metal <3)

mandymanders85

Registered
Reaction score
I have been listening to the 90210 new class soundtrack and also the Step-Up and Bring it on Soundtracks.I know it's cliche music but it has help me get inspired to write my novel so I think it works at least for me.

nightowling

Maybe it was Utah.
Registered
Reaction score
Daft Punk's Musical Score from the Tron sequel. Just really moody and ambient, plus I love Daft Punk. Funny, my avatar comes from the movie, too. You'd almost think I liked it or that it was any good. Instead it was mostly fluff (with Jeff Bridges randomly co-starring), but it was pretty to look at.

I adore that soundtrack and listen to it often. I'm still bitter that it wasn't nominated for Best Score. I liked the movie overall, the visuals were beautiful.