• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

BowTie Press / I-5 Publishing

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
I'm not sure if this is the right place or if this should go on Bewares and Background Checks, but does anyone have any experience with Bowtie Press? I know they are affiliated with Bird Talk, Dog Fancy, et. al. I have a horse training-related book proposal, and since I recently sold to those two magazines and sold a ton of equine articles to Horse Illustrated in the late 1980s/early 1990s, I'm wondering if that would help my chances with them.

I did a search on the forums and didn't come up with anything helpful. Their submission guidelines are pretty clear, although they only list "Aquisitions Editor" instead of a name (I'll probably call them next week to see if I can get one), but I'd love to know about anyone's personal experience with them and if writing for the magazines makes them more kindly disposed towards you.

Triciawho

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.triciamangan.com
Reviving this...Not sure if it belongs here or if I should start a new thread in Bewares/Background Checks (sorry - feel free to move!)...

Just wanted to see if anyone has had any personal experience publishing a book with them? Any information about advances and print runs?

I have a non-fiction dog book that I'm considering submitting to them and/or Adams Media and just wanted to do my due diligence first.

Any updates would be helpful. Thanks!