• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Laura Langlie Agency

Jefflrich

Registered
Reaction score
I jumped on to the Langlie train as well, sending my query mere moments ago. We'll see if she's still conducting an Acela.

ChrryBlssmGrrl

Paranormal Princess
Registered
Reaction score
Queried this evening, received a request for a full 7 minutes later. Phew! Fingers crossed - 2 fulls out there now and 3 partials...nerves shredded!!

ChrryBlssmGrrl

Paranormal Princess
Registered
Reaction score
Queried this evening, received a request for a full 7 minutes later. Phew! Fingers crossed - 2 fulls out there now and 3 partials...nerves shredded!!

Took the insanely and amazingly fast Laura 14 hours to go from full request to form R. Disappointing of course but have to very much admire her speed and courtesy - while she 'admired much about it' she wasn't 'as completely engaged' as she hoped. Drat!

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
recieved full request within 45 minutes of sending
form-ish rejection on full two days later:

Thanks so much for sharing the manuscript for your YA novel, BLUE ABYSS, with me. While I admired much about it, I'm afraid I wasn't as completely engaged by the manuscript as I'd hoped to be. So, it's best that I step aside and wish you much success in placing BLUE ABYSS with a publisher under just the right auspices.

Once again, thank you for the opportunity to read your novel.

Sincerely,
Laura Langlie

Last edited:

RoseMarie

Words ARE my blood...
Registered
Reaction score
It says Langlie doesn't accept sci-fi....
Would, in whoever wants to reply's opinion, vampires be considered 'fantasy' or 'sci-fi'?

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
RoseMarie, I'd say that it depends on how you write your vampires. But mostly I think of vampires as being fantasy.

caromora

Still alive. Kind of.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkstaind-stars.livejournal.com
It says Langlie doesn't accept sci-fi....
Would, in whoever wants to reply's opinion, vampires be considered 'fantasy' or 'sci-fi'?

Fantasy or horror, probably. Though if the vampirism in your novel has a scientific cause, it might be sci-fi.

It won't hurt to query her with it regardless. If she doesn't like the idea, she'll just say no. You'll never know unless you try.

RoseMarie

Words ARE my blood...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks ^.^ Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one who saw vamps as...well, as not sci-fi lol.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think it depends on what the vampires are doing. If they're leaving hideous pools of blood wherever they go, it's horror. If they occasionally clean up the blood and save puppies from drowning, it's fantasy. If they have a robot clean up the blood, it's science fiction. And if they fall in love and have a happily-ever-after, it's paranormal romance.

AuntB

Registered
Reaction score
E-queried Ms. Langlie on 10/31, received a request for full on 11/1.

Got the R eight hours later. It was almost exactly the same as the other R's that people have posted, though she did include an extra sentence saying that "She liked the characters a great deal."

Anyone else get that version, or can I actually believe that she really did like the characters?

Last edited:

Lucy Joseph

Registered
Reaction score
I think it depends on what the vampires are doing. If they're leaving hideous pools of blood wherever they go, it's horror. If they occasionally clean up the blood and save puppies from drowning, it's fantasy. If they have a robot clean up the blood, it's science fiction. And if they fall in love and have a happily-ever-after, it's paranormal romance.

This is too funny!

Wisteria Vine

Registered
Reaction score
I e-queried Thursday afternoon; received a request for a full within fifteen minutes. Sent the full and am now just crossing my fingers and waiting for a reply.

Wisteria Vine

Registered
Reaction score
I e-queried Thursday afternoon; received a request for a full within fifteen minutes. Sent the full and am now just crossing my fingers and waiting for a reply.

Well, that was lightning fast! I just posted that message...checked my emails, and there was the rejection! Same form letter as the others...'much to be admired'...but she did use the character's name! :)

Oh, well.

thmafi

wobbly...
Registered
Reaction score
so i queried laura with a new project back in early december and got a quick R (i love love her fast turnaround) and after some agent feedback (my novel was too short) i added 20k words to the story. i've also completely reworked my query. the title, however, remains the same. i'm wondering if it would be imprudent to requery laura with the same novel, and was hoping for some feedback. i know that protocol states that no is a no is a no, but i was wondering if this any sort of exception to the rule?

im a bit stuck.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, all.

deltay

Registered
Reaction score
So excited right now - full request four minutes after sending the query. Just waiting and hoping for the best now :D

sciri

Maxine Fan
Registered
Reaction score
so i queried laura with a new project back in early december and got a quick R (i love love her fast turnaround) and after some agent feedback (my novel was too short) i added 20k words to the story. i've also completely reworked my query. the title, however, remains the same. i'm wondering if it would be imprudent to requery laura with the same novel, and was hoping for some feedback. i know that protocol states that no is a no is a no, but i was wondering if this any sort of exception to the rule?

Ask her. Tell her you have revised following an agent's feedback, and ask if she'd be willing to take a second look to your query.

megoblocks

Banned
Reaction score
Queried her today and got a request for a partial 1 hour later :)

Dear Author

Yep, still at it.
Registered
Reaction score
Just reporting my experience:

I queried with my literary novel in June '09 and in 1 hour got a request for full. Got my heartbreaking R in late August. She included several pages of overwhelmingly positive notes taken by an editor she asked to review my ms. Ultimately, however, she “lacked complete enthusiasm.”

I wish you all the best of luck as she seems terrific: considerate and thorough, and certainly prompt! I would most definitely query her again in the future.

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
I sent mine on Sunday and still haven't gotten a response.

lol honestly, I know I should be patient, but I'm starting to wonder now because I seem to be reporting slower response times than everyone else when it comes to these super fast responders.