My iPhone is a scrooge

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not a huge deal, but thought I would ask. I have an iPhone 4s and use the Safari app to navigate to AW. I can scroll, read, quote, and post but when I try to leave a rep, the rep box pops up and I can type one letter before it disappears. After the first letter is typed, if I re-click on the rep icon the letter is there, but I can't type anymore without it disappearing. Any ideas?

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Yeah. similar behaviour with the search box. Oddly, works fine on iPad Safari, just not on iPhone.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have an iPhone, so this might be completely useless. It sounds like it loses focus. Could you keep one finger on the pop-up box while you type the message in?

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have an iPhone, so this might be completely useless. It sounds like it loses focus. Could you keep one finger on the pop-up box while you type the message in?

Just tried, forgot that holding your finger down activates the copy/paste feature. And the box disappeared anyway. I think I just won't get to spread cheer on my phone. Bah humbug!

Deleted member 42

1. Tap on hold on the
reputation.gif

2. From the popup menu chose Open in a New Tab

3. Enter the Rep comment.

4. Tap Done

5. Tap Post Comment

It's to do with the way that Safari on iPhone allocates window variables for a new window made with javascript.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1. Tap on hold on the
reputation.gif

2. From the popup menu chose Open in a New Tab

3. Enter the Rep comment.

4. Tap Done

5. Tap Post Comment

It's to do with the way that Safari on iPhone allocates window variables for a new window made with javascript.

Thanks!! I will be sure to try this!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, with some uncoperative text boxes or safari glitches, being in profile rather than landscape can help, along with restarting the app (you will lose a multiquote with the later, so try to copy the text first).