• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Wolf Literary Services (Kirsten Wolf)

elissa

holding my breath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lissnkids.blogspot.com
I see I'm doing the same thing...bounced back at queries, trying now at kirsten. Weird that nobody has heard anything from her. Hmm.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
A little research shows that her prestigious street address on Fifth Ave. is also the address of Aerobeep Voicemail Service, which rents out its address ($15/month). Here's an interview with her.

kirstenmwolf

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

I wanted to clarify some of the points made in this thread, having just discovered it. First, yes, I left Jill Grinberg Literary Management some months ago; queries sent to me at her address will not reach me. Second, apologies for the troubles with my query email address. As I am operating a new company, there are certain details involved in getting operations off the ground and figuring out business as usual. My primary focus has always been servicing my existing clients, and in the first months of my agency, details regarding submissions and the like were prioritized below the needs of my current list. However, as I near my seventh month in business, I have had the time to get caught up these various details -- my query email address ([email protected]) is now fully operational, and I am in the process of getting through my submission backlog and any submissions sent to me that actually did make it to me should be responded to very soon.

As noted above, my mailing address is a mailbox service, mainly to assure that packages that require someone to sign for them reach me safely, as I often work from home instead of my office in Manhattan. And yes, I do prefer to receive samples of materials with queries. It is my personal belief that query letters themselves do little more than weed out the patently objectionable material; any substantive evaluation of a book must include at least a cursory review of an author's ability to write the project they describe in their letter.

My apologies if my silence up until now has been alienating - it certainly wasn't designed to be so! Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] for any further questions you need answered.

All best,
Kirsten Wolf

Renee Collins

Plotting . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Website
midnightmeditations.blogspot.com
Hmm . . . it looks like the [email protected] address is having problems now. I queried early yesterday and got an automated email early this morning saying that my message has been "delayed" for two days.

???

I'm not sure what to make of it. The message said I do not need to resend my query. So *shrug* guess I'll wait and see.

SarahDavidson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hmm . . . it looks like the [email protected] address is having problems now. I queried early yesterday and got an automated email early this morning saying that my message has been "delayed" for two days.

???

I'm not sure what to make of it. The message said I do not need to resend my query. So *shrug* guess I'll wait and see.

Usually that's a problem caused by a busy server... if it didn't out-and-out reject your message, usually it will end up going through. Is it bad etiquette to request a read receipt to make sure your message gets through?

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
I personally get annoyed by read receipts and refuse to send them. To me, it's an invasion of my privacy.

Renee Collins

Plotting . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Website
midnightmeditations.blogspot.com
I got another email from the mailer-daemon about my query to wolf lit, but it didn't say anything. It was just a blank email and the title was actually half cut off. It's not my inbox. So, I'm thinking there is some kind of problem going on over there.

Guess I'll just lay low for a while. (I don't know what a read reciept is)

Tigercub

Registered
Reaction score
Earlier this year I queried her at [email protected]. I guess it went through, because it didn't get bounced back. A couple months ago I queried to [email protected].

Both times I followed the query guidelines, and so far no response to either query.

Some agents just don't respond unless they're interested in seeing more. I'm guessing that's the case here.

Still not a happy camper, though. :-(

sgh1025

Registered
Reaction score
I tried a query on december first. I actually forgot about it until I was checking my sent folder to cross off the agents off my list I had heard from already. Anyone have an idea about general turn-around for her? It didn't get bounced back so maybe it's stuck in her backlog??

Tigercub

Registered
Reaction score
I tried again last month at [email protected]. STILL no response. That's three times now I've been blown off. As far as I know all three queries went through. I never got an error message. They didn't fail or bounce back. My assumption is liberal use of the "delete" key.

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried her lately?

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks fr the fast reply Erin. All the posts on here made me nervous, but I queried her anyway.

Mel A.

settling in with my red pen . . .
Registered
Reaction score
I e-queried in mid-March and haven't heard back yet. As it's only been one month, I haven't added it to my "no response = rejection" list yet. Trying to stay optimistic . . .

RainbowDragon

Perpetuous Revisasaurus
Registered
Reaction score
I sent pages at the end of January and haven't heard anything - does anyone know if she only responds if interested?

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Not sure if she doesn't respond, however, I queried on 2/18 and still haven't heard back. I'm going to send a nudge query at the 3 month mark.

brimfire

Registered
Reaction score
It doesn't say anywhere that she's a no responder, but that's been my experience with her. I queried my first project over a year and a half ago, and my second project back in November after she posted the above update. Never heard a peep.

You can try to nudge, but I'd be surprised if you get a response.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Thanks, Brimfire. Maybe I'll just send her my other book instead and see if that generates a response.

brimfire

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Ms. Wolf has sold anything in the last year or so?