• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Prospect Agency

IdrisG

the wicked wit of the west
Registered
Reaction score
CheG, have you tried switching browsers? Say, if submission isn't working with Google Chrome, switch to Firefox, or even Internet Explorer. That could solve some of your issues. If not, I'd recommend trying to submit from a different machine.

CheG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chegilson.blogspot.com
Thanks! I'll a go from internet explorer. See if that will work.

UPDATE- Worked like a charm! I use Google Chrome as my default browser but I was able to submit from Internet Explorer! So I guess a word of caution for other Chrome users.

Last edited:

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
I had the same problem with a submission to Nelson Literary. Wouldn't work from google chrome on my computer, so I used my husbands. I'm not sure what browser he had though. I'll definitely try different browsers on my computer for Prospect.

Nightlark

scribbler of many mediums
Registered
Reaction score
I subbed today using the form on chrome. I got an Automated Submission Receipt email minutes later. I have to say, I liked the form a lot. It asks who influences your writing, and the last book you read. I thought that was neat :)

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
Submitted via online form on 10/9/15 for a YA Post-Apocalyptic. received verification email. No response on the query so I assume a no.

skywhys

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to them today and made a bonehead error. Even though it specifically asked me to double-check and make sure I filled out the form correctly because I won't be able to fix it, I somehow managed to miss the part about pasting all three things - query, synopsis, and three chapters - into one document. I uploaded three separate docs and only after it was submitted did I realize that only the last one was actually submitted - in this case, the synopsis. Totally my own careless mistake, but is there any way to fix it? It seems that a rejection from one at this agency is a rejection by all and I hate to have blown my only chance here because I was in too big a hurry.

I've been reading this forum forever and I love it but this is my first post.

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
So, I submitted to them about 16 hours ago (using Safari), but I haven't gotten a confirmation email. Not sure what to do now...

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
I'd say wait a day or two to see if the e-mail comes through and, if not, resubmit. When I submitted in April, their response came the same day, but it's possible something's slowing them down.

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
Thedrellum: I tried to resubmit, got an error saying 'you already filed a submission, contact [helpdesk] if you're having a problem.' So I sent the helpdesk a quick note saying, basically, I subbed but didn't get a confirmation email, did something go wrong? Hopefully that resolves things.

XSnapdragonx

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with Carrie Pestritto or Linda Camacho?

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Submitted to Linda Camacho today via website form and got a confirmation seconds later. The waiting begins...

ETA:she never responded.

Last edited:

XSnapdragonx

Registered
Reaction score
Linda is my agent and she's great to work with. Went through about 3 revisions over the course of a couple of months. You can PM me if you have specific questions.

James

Just did. :) And thanks for the offer to!

Rumelo

Registered
Reaction score
Submitted to Linda. Crossing my fingers! Would love to work with her.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Same. Never gotten a peep out of them in years of querying.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I figured it was worth a longshot chance: unrelated to query mms, another novel of mine was just blurbed (by a Name author) as basically 'Captive Prince' in space.

But also worth noting that Stumpf only sought out C. S. Pacat well after 'Captive Prince' became a self-pub phenomenon. QueryTracker doesn't show this agency as having a high response rate, much less signing rate.

PMcKnight

Turning caffeine into novels
Registered
Reaction score
So I submitted my query to Kirsten in January and I think that she left the company before she had a chance to get to it. Does anyone know if someone else there took over her queries? Would it be ok to re-submit to another agent there?

Honestly I'd normally just email them directly but I can't find an actual contact form other than the query form on the website