Games where you do the scaring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
To be more specific, games where you, as the main character, (whoever or whatever you are) are the one that puts fear into others.
Got the idea because I recently saw that F.E.A.R. is now down to $10 so I stuck it on my wishlist and that reminded me of AvP (the game) and I loved being the Predator and Alien in that game. Humans are wimpy >.> But as the alien/predator, people were just terrified of me. :evil Sure, they shot at me when they had the chance, but more often than not, I was the Hunter, not the Hunted.

I don't know, maybe it's bad sign I enjoyed it...

defyalllogic

i'm a girl. (i have tendonitis)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dead Space two will let you play as the creatures

Bicyclefish

Pedaling Pescado
Registered
Reaction score
The Thief series was excellent for that. I think the only one available these days is Thief 3. http://store.steampowered.com/app/6980/

I think Thief 3: Deadly Shadows is available on the Xbox, but I was told it's kind of buggy and the PC version is better.

It's not console, but I must mention Ghostmasters on Steam, a game in which you control ghosts to scare people away. It's older, humorous rather than scary, and short, but I liked it, and since I got it on sale for under a dollar I can't complain.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
The problem is that I can't play console games atm :S
I'm not a big fan of them anyway. I get irked when companies make things exclusive to certain console systems...

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
The Left 4 Dead series allows you to play as a variety of special infected characters hunting 4 human players. It's a lot of fun, but I prefer to be the humans in that one.

Bicyclefish

Pedaling Pescado
Registered
Reaction score
The problem is that I can't play console games atm :S
I'm not a big fan of them anyway. I get irked when companies make things exclusive to certain console systems...
Oh! I thought you were looking for console games. *thinks* Is anything on Steam okay?

I can't remember titles but I vaguely recall there are some fantasy games where you're the dragon (not Spyro).

Last edited:

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Oh! I thought you were looking for console games. Well then... *thinks* Is anything on Steam okay?

Oh yeah.

Although AvP is irritating me at the moment; it's as if the steam app and the game files somehow got disconnected from one another. It says that steam_api.dll is missing when I try to run it, but AvP is the only game that has that issue. It says its un-installed, but all the files are sitting right where they should be. I verified the game cache, it said it fixed it, but it still didn't work, and then I decided to just delete and reinstall, except deleting the local content didn't affect the game files in the steam folder at all. Now I'm apparently installing it right now, and I have no idea how it's gonna handle finding the exact same files it's installing already in place where it's installing (so far it doesn't seem to think there are any problems :S).
Maybe the two decided to file a divorce and didn't inform me?

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
I think Thief 3: Deadly Shadows is available on the Xbox, but I was told it's kind of buggy and the PC version is better.

It's not console, but I must mention Ghostmasters on Steam, a game in which you control ghosts to scare people away. It's older, humorous rather than scary, and short, but I liked it, and since I got it on sale for under a dollar I can't complain.

Is that the same as Ghost Master?
Oh, right, ignore me: it does seem to be the same game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.