• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Unbridled Books

augusto

Registered
Reaction score
Website
willtinkham.blogspot.com
Yea, I'm waiting on my October query and wondering/sweating about having sent it as an attachment
With a year having gone by, today I nudged. Three minutes later he replied that he had somehow missed my query, had now found it and would get back to me soon.

He also said he had opened my file, so attachments would seem to be okay. We'll see...

LillyPu

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Responses?

In the end, a "not quite right for our list" rejection and an apology for his "inefficiencies." Better luck to you, Chumplet!
Oh, sorry to hear that augusto. Can I ask your genre?

I snail-mail queried 8/3/2011: synopsis + 1st chapter
(lit fic) Never heard back.

e-queried 6/8/2012: query only
(same lit fic) No word so far.

Good luck to you, Chumplet! :)

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Looking at it again and the books, it seems more mystery, crime and political stuff (even in fiction) then they have "The Mistress Contract" (which seems on the romantic slant...if not erotica, depending how it's written, I didn't go that far as to check.) Kinda all over the place. They do have nice covers and as I mentioned before, their site has been updated recently.

I'd say genre fiction if ya ask me

Last edited:

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Or no response at all. I hate those.

Yep, those have to be the worst. Never know if the damn thing made it to destination unless I get a confirmation. Then if it exceeds the response time limit, I don't really know if it's a reject or still under consideration (in a good way). Then nudging sometimes puts their back against the wall which prompts a hasty reject.

tri

alaktas

Registered
Reaction score
Based on what I'm reading here, it seems as though they're very slow to respond? It looks like about 6 to 12 months is the norm for them to respond?

alaktas

Registered
Reaction score
On another note, their website states:

"please query first by email. Due to the heavy volume of submissions, we regret that at this time we aren't able to consider uninvited manuscripts."

Yet, right below that statement, it says:

What to submit: (1) a description of your work, (2) a brief description of your publishing history and a short bio, (3) 30-50 pages of your manuscript

So now I'm a little confused here as the above seems to be contradictory. Do you include a manuscript with your query or not?

Lauram6123

Registered
Reaction score
"please query first by email. Due to the heavy volume of submissions, we regret that at this time we aren't able to consider uninvited manuscripts."

Yet, right below that statement, it says:

What to submit: (1) a description of your work, (2) a brief description of your publishing history and a short bio, (3) 30-50 pages of your manuscript

So now I'm a little confused here as the above seems to be contradictory. Do you include a manuscript with your query or not?

I think they mean not to send them your entire MS unless they've specifically asked you to. Just follow the note about what to submit and you should be good to go.