September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
:snoopy:

I am super excited. I just returned from a show I was covering and while there met a couple of women who are into medical tourism. When they learned I was a nurse, who is also in journalism -- they got very excited. They leave tomorrow for Malaysia and said they wish they knew about me. They were unsuccessful in finding someone from media to go on the trip with them.

I told them I am a freelance writer and I talked about my recent trips to New York, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. to cover band stories -- and that I just returned from the Rose Parade with the band -- also covering their stories.

They wanted my card and said they would love to have me join them on their next medical tour -- they take a couple of travel agents and a member of the media with them.

We talked for a while and I'll be going in to talk to them when they return in two weeks.

They have three tours planned -- to India, Philippines and Thailand this year.

It's all very new and very exciting -- and since they want to get the word out, are willing to take media along with them. :) That's me!

I can't believe this! This is a reporter dream come true. :snoopy:

johnzakour

Dangerous with a Keyboard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.johnzakour.com
My wife loved Thailand. You have to go elephant riding. (For me 22 hours on a plane is about 18 hours too much.)

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! I'm beyond words. Wow!

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
WOW, just WOW! Shwebb is right, that is such an adventure!!!

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What a wonderful opportunity, SS! Hope you get to go!

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, that's fantastic -- what a buzz, and what fun it could be!

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
Thank you, everyone. Still do not know a whole lot about it but it was just exciting to have been asked.

I'm really excited. I mean, I come from a town where there was a 10,000 population when I graduated from high school. I wanted to get into journalism back then but was not able to -- I settled for the nursing program at the jr. college in town. But my dream to write never left me.

I want to cry right now, I'm so happy. Not for the offer but because I am finally doing what I love. As I covered the bridal show today -- where I got to eat chocolate covered strawberries and take a helicopter-simulator ride -- I kept thinking "I can't believe this is my job."

For coming from such a small town, a lot of big things have been happening to me. I'm very thankful.

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to India, September! :)

Sury

Word Worker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bghosh.cavernreal.com
Yes, yes, welcome! Do give me a buzz when you land here, Esther. I hope we can meet up. I am so excited for you. Way to go! :D

Sury

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wowza, My dearest friend was Thai...she passed away unexpectedly this past summer..brain anyrism (didn't spell that right).
I miss her sooo very much and her Thai food and the way she hollar'd over the fence and say wacuum, and all 90 lbs of her cussing like a sailor at the groundsquirrels in her garden.. I saw how beautiful her country was through pixs.
I hope you go.
hugs kimmi

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Holy cow! That's pretty fantastic. I hope you're able to take advantage of such a wonderful opportunity. You'd be great at it, too!!

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
That is an excellent opportinuty. The Philippines is a BEAUTIFUL place. I lived there in the mid 80's and have spent the better part of the last two decades wanting to go back. :) Good luck!!

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Woah that is so cool! You better keep us posted while you're off having fun in India and Thailand. ;)

Sassenach

5 W's & an H
Registered
Reaction score
I hate to sound like the voice of doom, but suggest you check this out before getting too excited. Are they picking up the tab? Do they have the resources to pay for press trips? Mounting a US to India press trip is expensive.