• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Afrikaans-native speaker wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Napp

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place for this thread.... if not, I'm sorry!

I am searching an Afrikaans native speaker as co-writer / translator who could translate some dialogue in my script. I understand Afrikaans myself, but I don't feel yet up to write in it.

The script, about the Boer War, is written in English so far. I've reached almost 100 pages so far, did the second draft last weekend and hope to have finished everything until September. Then it should be polished and go out to English-proofreading. But I'd love to have the Afrikaans parts in it from the start (as it would be superfluous to proofread lines that later will be translated).

I can't pay anything. I can offer to proofread the team partners writings. I know it sounds old, but this project is a special dream of mine. I think it has to be done, it is long over due, and I will set all things available into motion to get the project somewhere.

So, who shares this idealism and wants to help, please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.