Status
Not open for further replies.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
if there was no intent to meet up with a minor, how is what he was doing any different than many people who seek out romance on the web?

he acted legally and in good faith and was robbed by two teenagers who likely will continue a pattern of criminal behavior (or at least impulse) throughout their adult lives.

if he were walking down the street and a 14 year old walked up and put a gun to his head, would you still be blaming him because he is the "adult"?
No, because that's a different scenario.

Well, the way I think about it is if I were chatting with 2 teenage boys and they wanted to meet up with me and I, being the adult, would have to say no. Would you, being the adult, meet with 2 teenage girls? And if you did and you got robbed shame on you. You should have said no.

The story said a man met up with 2 teenage girls.

I would hope a "normal" adult would say no, but this guy didn't say no. So I blame him more for what happened to him. He should have said no with them being children and him being an adult. I think he had hopes of a different sort for meeting with 2 girls. And who knows what they said to get him over there, right.

Now the girls, they need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. To learn their lesson. He could have came armed and it could have been worse.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
writerterri said:
Well, the way I think about it is if I were chatting with 2 teenage boys and they wanted to meet up with me and I, being the adult, would have to say no. Would you, being the adult, meet with 2 teenage girls? And if you did and you got robbed shame on you. You should have said no.

He thought he was chatting with a legal adult.

Nothing wrong with what he was doing, but I will assume he was a little desperate for a date. He can't have taken much time to get to know "Natalia" if he didn't notice how young she really was.

Of course, there is even the chance that he DID notice, but I'm not going to accuse him of that.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Celia Cyanide said:
He thought he was chatting with a legal adult.

Nothing wrong with what he was doing, but I will assume he was a little desperate for a date. He can't have taken much time to get to know "Natalia" if he didn't notice how young she really was.

Of course, there is even the chance that he DID notice, but I'm not going to accuse him of that.

Well, okay.

Shame on him for not meeting in a well lit, public place then and shame on the girls too. I still will bet he'll have second thoughts about meeting up with a girl.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
He was a horny MAN thinking he was meeting up with a like minded WOMAN. Two concenting adults.

But yeah, meet in a well-lighted, crowded airport or something so you can run away to safety if it turns out to be two freakish teens with guns.

At least they weren't chanting "redrum, redrum."

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
He was a horny MAN thinking he was meeting up with a like minded WOMAN. Two concenting adults.

But yeah, meet in a well-lighted, crowded airport or something so you can run away to safety if it turns out to be two freakish teens with guns.

At least they weren't chanting "redrum, redrum."

*giggle*

pause_facts

Take it from someone with inside info... those girls weren't stupid. they purposely made their myspace character illegal, so the victim wouldn't be able to report it. So, he lied to the media and said he thought she was 18, despite chatting with her for two weeks, despite her age stating she was 16 on her profile from the jump.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=80237320

^^^ Her profile. Despite popular belief, the age was never changed on her profile. Considering the last time she logged in ( the 8th ) and the first report was done the 15th, you know not even Mr. Flash, himself could have made it home in time to change the pf after they robbed him and before they were arrested. ( i do have inside info, also know individuals involved ).

Not to mention, the news report failed to mention he brought with him a bottle of liquor ( which was also taken ), but forgot his wallet. That's creepy. The media ****ed this one up.

It was actually quite clever of the girls.

Hopefully, he'll be prosecuted for soliciting minors online, the perv.

drevil915

Registered
Reaction score
This is exactly why I hope that Myspace's server gets fried.

Reaction score
psy7ven said:
yes, a teenage boy.

No. Teenage boys are dirty and they get into fights but it's mostly surface lunacy.

Teenage girls are whack jobs. They're like evil. It's like psychological warfare that they perpetrate on each other and the people of planet earth. Deep seeded evil.

I'm telling you. A teenage girl is WMD. And they're everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.