Just Burn the Witch and Get It Over With

Robert Toy

FOB and Slayer of windmills
Registered
Reaction score
Just days after Palin made her bombshell resignation announcement July 3, another two ethics complaints were filed against her, bringing the total number of such complaints to 19.

A complaint filed earlier this week alleges that the governor misused state funds by accepting a housing stipend even when she stayed at her own home in Wasila instead of at the governor's residence in Juneau. And another complaint filed yesterday reportedly contends that the governor was paid for giving certain media interviews.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=8061059&page=1

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
No kidding...She seems to have struck every possible nerve with some people. I truly feel bad for her and her family.

It seems to me that her intentions have been good from the beginning and she's been up front and honest. She was forthright with her ideas without any doublespeak, which unfortunately, we heard a lot of from everyone else...you know, the true politicians that were in the race.

I know that her politics are completely dfferent from many on this board, but you can't say that she tried to sugar coat or beat around the bush when it came to her politics or ideology. I find that refreshing...kind of a "Here I am, here's what I think, here's how I want to change things, thanks for listening."

Maybe somebody should make a "Leave Sara Palin Alone!" video on youtube like the Britney Spears guy.

Last edited:

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Well, apparently she's not done with politics, according to the Washington Times tomorrow.
Brushing aside the criticisms of pundits and politicos, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said she plans to jump immediately back into the national political fray — stumping for conservative issues and even Democrats — after she prematurely vacates her elected post at month's end.

The former Republican vice-presidential nominee and heroine to much of the GOP's base said in an interview she views the electorate as embattled and fatigued by nonstop partisanship, and she is eager to campaign for Republicans, independents and even Democrats who share her values on limited government, strong defense and "energy independence."

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
If Palin has done wrong, then crucify her. I'll bring the nails. On the other hand, if this is nothing more than standard partisan political bullshit, then I wish to hell people would knock it off. She and the First Dude are by no means wealthy people, even though they're better off than most of us. But if the attorney costs are already up to half a million dollars, that's money not recoverable. She could go through all of these cases, be found not guilty in all of them, and wind up living in a cardboard box under Wasilla's only overpass.

But, what the hell. At least the lawyers would get paid.

Sometimes you gotta love the American way of ju$tice.

Robert Toy

Registered
Reaction score
If Palin has done wrong, then crucify her. I'll bring the nails. On the other hand, if this is nothing more than standard partisan political bullshit, then I wish to hell people would knock it off. She and the First Dude are by no means wealthy people, even though they're better off than most of us. But if the attorney costs are already up to half a million dollars, that's money not recoverable. She could go through all of these cases, be found not guilty in all of them, and wind up living in a cardboard box under Wasilla's only overpass.

death by a thousand cuts

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
RT said to kick a chihuahua and here you are.
How come there's no smilies kicking chihuahuas?

:e2fight::e2fight:

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
In England in the middle ages and early America witches were hanged. Heretics were burnt at the stake. So hang her and get over it.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
In England in the middle ages and early America witches were hanged. Heretics were burnt at the stake. So hang her and get over it.

Hold on, now. If we hang her, what the hell am I supposed to do with this hammer and these nails?

Robert Toy

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, the political pinata is up for confirmation next week

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
You know. It does make one wonder. She must be appear to be a really big threat because 'they' sure go after her with such vengeance. I don't think 'they' realize that this just keeps the spotlight on her all the more.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score

QFT.

I suspect that she is no more wrong than the usual governor. I would say its not worth it. If she is in the 'gray' area then she should get a pass. If she clearly broke the law, then sure, go after her.

But if you are bending over backwards to find 'something' on her, then that is bullshit.

This is smelling a bit like the Clinton witch hunt.

Hanging would seem more appropriate. After all, she's become some kind of political pinata already.

:ROFL:

You know. It does make one wonder. She must be appear to be a really big threat because 'they' sure go after her with such vengeance. I don't think 'they' realize that this just keeps the spotlight on her all the more.

Palin will be a political force. It is impossible for her to have this much exposure and be insignificant no matter what.

I'm not quite sure what role she will play. Would Alaskans be willing to vote her into the Senate after she quit being governor?

It will be interesting to see what she decides to do for the future. Perhaps she will carve out her own niche ala Al Gore.

Mel...

Saint Fool

Registered
Reaction score
Google "Alaska Fund Trust." (Not Alaska Trust Fund - that's something different.) She won't be paying those legal bills. Her supporters will.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, don't we have to see if she weighs the same as a duck, first?

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
No, no, no

CHURCHES float on water, not ducks! That's just redonkulous!

Also, don't worry Haggis! We'll need those hammers and nails to build the gallow to hang her from! Duh!

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Well, I do have to say that this is ridiculous. I don't like her views on certain issues and I think she's a walking box of stupid sayings, not all that bright or savvy about the way the real world works, but all these suits are not serving any purpose.

If she accepted the housing stipend, she did. If it's part of being governor, she had a right to it, no matter where she lived. Maybe she used it to pay her electric bill, who knows. I don't have a problem with it.

Silly wastes of time and money.