Blackberry 10 hardware leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperback Writer

Learning the craft
Registered
Reaction score
It's like I went back in a time machine to the 60'
These are some gorgeous pictures of the new Blackberry 10 device that were leaked. I haven't been so excited about Blackberry in a long time. It looks like they finally got it right. New hardware, new OS and new app store. In their OS they introduced peek technology, where you can peek to your email communication from anywhere in the OS.

PICTURES http://www.tinhte.vn/threads/1732610/

PREVIEW OF PEEK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fzFyKzD3K0

Last edited:

Paperback Writer

Learning the craft
Registered
Reaction score
Blackberry still exists? :Wha:

I think even the government is researching how to get away from it.
Umm yeh

obama-blackberry.jpg

If it's good enough for Obama it's good enough for me.

He has a BB 9930 now

cs_obama_20121212_018.jpg

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I didn't say they've replaced it yet. But they're looking into it. Do you realize how much testing and retesting they do to make sure a new product is compatible with every network? They've been telling us they're going to switch to Office 2003 for years now. :D

Paperback Writer

Learning the craft
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't say they've replaced it yet. But they're looking into it. Do you realize how much testing and retesting they do to make sure a new product is compatible with every network? They've been telling us they're going to switch to Office 2003 for years now. :D
:roll:That's pretty funny.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Yet again, change in language bugs me ... this time it's using Operating System when people mean User Interface.

Never mind me, just get off my lawn away from my 1401.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Blackberrys are still huge on UK corporate contracts, especially those with a need for security. The hardware might be outdated, but the Blackberry Enterprise Server is quite the little moneymaker for them.

Also, I have to give RIM a tip of the hat for making PUSH notifcations on phones popular.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
BB is still the default corporate device at the big companies around here.

iDevices are available with an extra layer of approval, but not the standard.

Wilde_at_heart

υπείκωphobe
Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mine works for RIM and was gushing about it the other day, saying it's going to blow everything else out of the water, including the Samsung.

He's not generally an enthusiastic person either...

I have the playbook myself and *love* it. It's miles better than the iPad.

Wilde_at_heart

υπείκωphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone still develop apps for the Playbook?

I would imagine so, though personally I find apps over-rated. I downloaded a bunch when I first got it and now barely use most of them.

I just like how I can read PDFs, there's a native e-reader, I can access word documents and have multiple applications open at once. Video streams better than other devices too.

Paperback Writer

Learning the craft
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone still develop apps for the Playbook?
Of course they do, it would be ignorant to say that development has stopped for it. Take a look at this tag that is Blackberry games specific http://crackberry.com/crack-team/blackberry-playbook-games

Also Blackberry 10 is currently porting apps from other operating systems http://crackberry.com/here-come-another-15000-blackberry-10-apps

RIM put up $100 in cash per approved app, allowing up to 20 such apps to be submitted during the Port-A-Thon. So a developer with a series of apps and ability to execute could earn $2,000 very quickly.

Paperback Writer

Learning the craft
Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mine works for RIM and was gushing about it the other day, saying it's going to blow everything else out of the water, including the Samsung.

He's not generally an enthusiastic person either...

I have the playbook myself and *love* it. It's miles better than the iPad.
Nice to know someone who knows someone that works for RIM

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I found the BBC interview amusing. A gimmicky unlock screen, how innovative! I'll stick with my PIN lock. A predictive keyboard that looks weirdly complicated! Wow, I'll stick with Swiftkey.

Paperback Writer

Learning the craft
Registered
Reaction score
The unlock screen is not that important. What I'm really impressed with is the graphical user interface. It does not have any buttons, and uses gestures heavily for one handed and two handed use.

I had an iPhone and the home button degraded since I got it until it stopped working. I went to an apple store to get it replaced when I first began noticing it, and they said the blew air on it. It didn't help at all, I ended up suffering with a bad piece of hardware until the button did not work anymore.

Eventually I replaced it with a new iPhone, but 4G LTE had been out for a year and was now very stable and prevalent in my area. So I sold it switched to an Android 4G LTE phone.

I also owned a Blackberry 9930 along the way, and I loved the keyboard, it was the best I have ever tried on a phone. It was lacking on the GPS area so I made my move to an android phone. I still remember that Blackberry though, it was something about the no nonsense experience that makes me want to give it another shot. I also owned a 9700 before that.

As far as the keyboard for the best experience there is the Blackberry Q with the 9930 hardware like keyboard. With the touch keyboard, I like to turn off auto-complete on my phones, but this new one does not look very intrusive. I was going to try swipe, but as I was about to install it I received a warning that it will capture everything including my passwords. So I decided not to try it. There will be a new video coming out that goes deeper into how the touch keyboard adapts to each user. I'll post that when it comes out.

I am loving 4G LTE unlimited with Verizon with my interim phone in the meantime. I can watch as many videos as I want and I don't have to worry about loading a Youtube video with the fear that I'm going to hit my data cap. It also displays in high resolution unlike the 3G capable iPhone 4 I had. The videos used to come out grainy and took a long time to load.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.