• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Hudson Audio Publishing

firemaker

Registered
Reaction score
My experience with Adam Hudson

Hudson published my audiobook. From my experience, I can't say anything but good things about him. He put a lot of time into helping me get the right cover image, the right title, and the right description. He understands the necessity to get powerful search terms into the book title. That's where his skill comes in. They say you can't judge a book by its cover, but that is exactly what the buyer has to do in the audio space. The buyer can read the description; he can listen to the sample audio clip, but he can't "look" inside the book.

The fees that Hudson charged me will come out of royalties. What that means is that if I don't make anything, he won't make anything. Does that sound like a scam? I don't think so. He's putting in time and expense that he might (or might not) earn back. He's taking a risk just like I am.

MartyKay

Sockpuppet Hunter
Registered
Reaction score
Website
martykay.blogspot.com
Hudson published my audiobook.
How nice for you. What's it called?

The fees that Hudson charged me will come out of royalties. What that means is that if I don't make anything, he won't make anything. Does that sound like a scam?
Depends on how the royalties you get are determined.

I don't think so. He's putting in time and expense that he might (or might not) earn back. He's taking a risk just like I am.
Well, given he also wants to pay everyone else (like the vocal talent and the artist who did the cover) using royalties, he's not putting a huge amount of expenses in. He may be taking a "risk", but what he is risking is not just your royalties, but the payments for services that should go to the artist and vocal talent and everyone else involved.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, firemaker, and welcome to AW.

firemaker:
What that means is that if I don't make anything, he won't make anything. Does that sound like a scam? I don't think so. He's putting in time and expense that he might (or might not) earn back. He's taking a risk just like I am.

What promotion (if any) is being done on the audio title? Who is doing that promotion?

How much did you pay for the production of your audio book?

It's just that so far as I can see (and assuming that you have paid a fee), you're the one who's already financially down on this relationship and yet you don't even get to keep the profits if it does sell.

MM

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Last book published in '12.