• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nelson Literary Agency, LLC (Kristin Nelson)

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
Patience? Isn't that a character in a book by Anne Gracie?? ;0)

Maybe...and the girl in the books The Rescuers Disney movie is made after (I didn't know that until I did a search, though). :) Oh, and sorry about the lesson, tcllnsfmly! I've learned a few of those myself...

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
I got my R today, alas, although it came with some useful information about what she had a problem with. Good luck to the rest of you guys!

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I got a rejection a couple of days ago but without any recommendations on what she didn't like outside of her just saying it wasn't right for her.

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
I got my R today, alas, although it came with some useful information about what she had a problem with. Good luck to the rest of you guys!

Sorry, Saanen and Playground King! I'm looking forward to the fact that she gives commentary on fulls--I was scared when I had the partial out with them, because I wouldn't get any of her awesome feedback! I'm glad the info was useful to you, Saanen, and I wish you the best of luck in additional submissions (and revisions)!

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Yea the worst part is not knowing what they didn't like, you know? But alas, on to the next one.

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
I hear you, Playground King. Not much of a choice, really, except move on. Waiting is better than rejection--I just need to remind myself of that every so often. I'm grateful to everyone who's brave enough to own the difficult parts of the process, though. It's helpful to those who'll be submitting in the future to know time frames. So thanks! I'll let you guys know what happens, too...

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to all those who are getting rejections! I've been where you are... although I asked Sara Megibow on Twitter if a no on a partial is a definite no because I've been doing some revisions and she said that I could resubmit as long as it was thorough and not a 'changed the shirt colour on hero on pg 20' deal. lol, it did make me laugh. Sooo when I've judged it ready, all revisions done etc, I'll resubmit and HOPEFULLY I'll pass through the hallowed gates into full territory this time!

P.S. Waiting is GOOD. Nothing worse than getting a partial back three days after. Means they REHEALLY didn't like it! (Or that's how I interpret it anyway lol)

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else hear back? At least Sara Megibow has a link to a free audio version of Go the F*** to Sleep on her Twitter account. It's hilarious!

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on a reply to my full from Sara Megibow. It's been ten weeks now, so I've reached the fingernail-biting stage! ;)

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so excited for you two! I hope you get good news soon!

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so excited for you two! I hope you get good news soon!

Thanks, Beckstah! I've got my fingers crossed for all of us! I hope you get good news, too (and with all those fulls out, you've got a great shot!)

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
How's everyone doing? I know the conference must have added on a week, as well as the holiday tomorrow. I've still got my fingers crossed for you all :0)

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
I'm still waiting, wildflower! I sent a polite nudge email to Sara Megibow on 18th June and Anita Mumm replied a few days later to let me know that Sara was still interested and that my MS was 'nearing the top of her reading queue.' She said I should hear back within a couple of weeks, but Sara was at the RWA conference in New York all last week, so that would've put her another week behind with her reading.

I'm hoping to hear something soon! :)

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
How frustrating lol. But at least they responded quickly and that they're still interested because that's terrific! And really in the grand scheme of things, a couple of weeks...drop in the bucket :0) GOOD LUCK!!!

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
I probably won't hear back until after Samara (and that's only fair--she sent her full in first!). I've made some great breakthroughs in my WIP, though, so I'm happy with the writing world right now! :D

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Anyone hear anything lately from Kristin or Sara?

I sent a query last week and from what I can tell they reject quickly, a longer wait means you've made it past the first level (assistant slush reader I'm assuming). Not sure there's any merit to that theory but it makes sense to me :)

Louisa

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've got Hamlet doubts on my query. I've written 8 drafts so far and 3 different versions! Nelson literary is my too choice, the query I have now is absolutely the best I've written so far, but still I don't know if it works. I've read every word on Kristin's blog about queries and I've waited 4 months to make it as perfect as it can humanly be. My problem is that I've got a lot of positive feedback from professional colleagues working in the editorial field and also from regular beta-readers. I feel that my book, an urban fantasy with an heroine with a dark humour, could stand a chance if I market it well. My problem is: am I marketing well enough? Could someone give me feedback on my query (I'll do the same with yours, if you want me to). This is so time-consuming!

Louisa

Registered
Reaction score
What I meant is that Nelson literary is my FIRST choice! Bloody typos! (I live in the UK, we use "bloody" every 2 words ...

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! We've got a whole sub-forum dedicated to help with queries, and once you get fifty posts, you can start your own thread there. In the meantime, read through others' to get an idea of what to expect.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Just like to say I received my first rejection letter today from them. I was expecting it since my title has the word mystery in it (they don't represent mystery) but I was hoping they would look past it since it's mostly adventure. Oh well, doesn't hurt trying. I am actually happy probably since it's my first. I'm sure it gets old after five lol.

My stats:
EQ: 8/17
ER form: 8/18

Oh samara, I've been following your story through many of the agency forums while doing research on them and I hope that you find success. I am rooting for you.