• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Folio Literary Management

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me Moost. I probably queried her during her transition period. She's one of my top choices as well so I just sent her a query at her Folio address.

curlbe

Registered
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me Moost. I probably queried her during her transition period. She's one of my top choices as well so I just sent her a query at her Folio address.

Yup, me too. Queried Michelle a few weeks a go, never heard. Just figured she wasn't interested since other people seemed to report fast response times when she was. But I don't have anything out with other Folio agents so maybe I'll requery her there in case some things did fall through the cracks in the transition - can't hurt...

bluehippo

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Richard. I was just about to query Michelle in my next bacth of queries and I had no idea she had moved agencies.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody heard anything from Ms. Brower since she made the move? I e-mailed a query on November 17, so it's still early going, but I'm curious as to what others' experiences have been.

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
Nope. I queried her November 15 or 16 and have not heard a word.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I noticed over on Query Tracker that Ms. Brower's replied to quite a few queries in the past month - but the turnaround time has been less than a month on all but one of them. Has anyone queried Ms. Brower at Folio before December and gotten a response?

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
I noticed Paige Wheeler was open to submissions again... It took her less than 24 hours to say "no," so if you've been waiting to query her...or just want a quick decision...

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody know if Paige Wheeler is accepting queries?

She's high on my list of agents to query, but I don't see her email address listed on her bio page on foliolit.com. It doesn't say she's not accepting queries at this time. But it does say she only accepts email queries, yet no email address is given. I can extrapolate her email address from the other email addresses at that agency, but I don't want to be a dickhead if she's not actually looking for unsolicited queries at the moment.

Anybody know for sure? Thanks!

AryaT92

Banned
Reaction score
pwheeler (at) foliolit.com

I prefer email queries but do read snail mail queries. For a faster response, use email. You can check out my my specific guidelines on our website, www.foliolit.com.

I say go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. Yeah, I checked the Foliolit web site, but that's where I was running into trouble -- no email address listed there. :)

RBSHoo

One of those quiet-but-smart guys...
Registered
Reaction score
Partial Response Times?

Anyone getting responses on requested partials from Paige Wheeler? I'm at 3 months and was thinking about dropping a status check.

Thanks.

sciri

Maxine Fan
Registered
Reaction score
When I queried her last August she took exactly eight weeks to get back to me on my partial.

katpaws

writer/fangirl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theresabloginmysoup.blogspot.com
Followed up with Michelle today from a different email address. Form rejection recevied this afternoon. The moral of the story is: keep following up on those queries! Sometimes your letter really has slipped through the cracks!

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
This was on Paige Wheeler's web page at Folio:

"Please note that due to an IT issue, all material submitted prior to 1/14/2010 has been lost on my hard drive and you'll need to resubmit. My log is intact, however, so please only resend if you did not receive a response."

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats April!

I still haven't heard back from Michelle on that query, so I think I'll requery soon.

Richard Martin

Villager
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mixedanimal.blogspot.com
I got an email from Michelle after she read some of my work in a literary magazine, heard from her originally right after she moved to Folio. I have a recent offer for representation from her, and am hoping someone has an opinion to offer.

An opinion on whether to take Michelle's offer?

Take the offer!

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
I got an email from Michelle after she read some of my work in a literary magazine, heard from her originally right after she moved to Folio. I have a recent offer for representation from her, and am hoping someone has an opinion to offer.

I'm not sure what your question is. Are you looking for opinions about Folio as an agency? About Michelle as an agent? About the offer you got -- of which we know nothing about? About what you should do next? About what you should expect next?

April81

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure what your question is. Are you looking for opinions about Folio as an agency? About Michelle as an agent? About the offer you got -- of which we know nothing about? About what you should do next? About what you should expect next?

I was seeking an opinion on Folio and Michelle, which I thought might be assumed because of the thread content. My inquiry is vague because I am overwhelmed and nervous, I suppose. I read through a variety of posts on her and Folio, and the consensus seems to be that the agency is good, and that she is a good agent.

ronempress

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ronempress.blogspot.com
How long would you advise waiting to hear from Michelle before inquiring? Most folks I know who get an agent seem to attract notice within days, not weeks. This leaves me wondering if she received my email or if she's just not interested....

Thanks for any suggestions!