Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 02:33 AM   #1
AZ_Dawn
AW Addict

AZ_Dawn has earned our admirationAZ_Dawn has earned our admirationAZ_Dawn has earned our admirationAZ_Dawn has earned our admiration
Iran Launched Monkey

Iran Launches Monkey Into Suborbital Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe Today
According to Iran state media, Iran launched a suborbital rocket last week with a passenger aboard: a monkey. A gray tufted monkey survived the flight, riding inside an “indigenous bio-capsule” which was recovered after the flight. While the US and other nations are worried that Iran’s real goal is to have a nuclear missile program, Iran’s Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi told state television that this launch was a “big step” towards sending astronauts into space by 2020.
Congratulations? I must admit, I'm a little worried that Iran can launch anything into space, since their government is a bit, erm, unfriendly.

I wish they would've given the monkey a more comfortable seat, too.

Ahoy, I've period pirate names fer ye. Really, they're up on me blog now.
AZ_Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:41 AM   #2
PorterStarrByrd
nurturing tomorrows criminals today

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Once upon a time ....

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
PorterStarrByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:45 AM   #3
Monkey
Watching Bollywood action scenes.

Monkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This thread title makes me feel... funny.

Acoustic guitar. This is absolutely beautiful: https://lonneys.bandcamp.com/album/s...sis-in-spheres

^^ Help this guy fund a new project - and get CD's and stuff for yourself in the process.
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:54 AM   #4
beezle
Cheers

beezle has a golden reputationbeezle has a golden reputationbeezle has a golden reputationbeezle has a golden reputationbeezle has a golden reputationbeezle has a golden reputation
America, not to be outdone.
The Rainbow Serpent, Shock Totem #2, July 2010. Pseudopod, July 2012.

A Time Before, Kaleidotrope, October 2012.
beezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 AM   #5
robeiae
The Emperor of Wyoming

robeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
Lol! Thought of you the moment I saw the title.

ETA: And your avatar pic and location don't help!

Learning to run, T'ai Chi style--blogging about running and Eastern philosophy
Ponds of Happenstance--blogging about politics, economics, and history
Sailor on the Ponds--tweeting about everything

The Internet doesn't serve enough crow

Breathing during a run: find your center and run from within
More on the Altra Zero Drop shoe
robeiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:47 AM   #6
TerzaRima
Absinthe O'Malice

TerzaRima is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTerzaRima is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTerzaRima is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTerzaRima is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTerzaRima is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTerzaRima is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTerzaRima is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTerzaRima is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTerzaRima is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTerzaRima is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTerzaRima is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ugh. Poor little thing.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:50 AM   #7
leahzero
The colors! THE COLORS!

leahzero has a double-platinum reputationleahzero has a double-platinum reputationleahzero has a double-platinum reputationleahzero has a double-platinum reputationleahzero has a double-platinum reputationleahzero has a double-platinum reputationleahzero has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Fess up. What did you do to piss off Iran?
Untitled Book #4 - 2016-ish

My self-publishing saga, in all its gory detail, is here.
leahzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #8
Monkey
Watching Bollywood action scenes.

Monkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'll never tell. But now I have that song "I Will Survive" in my head... 'cause I'm back, from outer space...

Acoustic guitar. This is absolutely beautiful: https://lonneys.bandcamp.com/album/s...sis-in-spheres

^^ Help this guy fund a new project - and get CD's and stuff for yourself in the process.
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #9
Kaiser-Kun
!

Kaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I'll never tell. But now I have that song "I Will Survive" in my head... 'cause I'm back, from outer space...
How much soda did you use?

Kaiser-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #10
AZ_Dawn
AW Addict

AZ_Dawn has earned our admirationAZ_Dawn has earned our admirationAZ_Dawn has earned our admirationAZ_Dawn has earned our admiration
Quote:
Oops.

Ahoy, I've period pirate names fer ye. Really, they're up on me blog now.
AZ_Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #11
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

Manuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
As was noted in 1957, being able to make a successful suborbital ballistic flight means you can launch payloads and drop them on far-away countries during a half-hour sitcom.

For a country like Iran or North Korea to ever do that with a nuclear warhead would be a form of national ritual suicide for them; insane. But ... one country is run by a Holocaust denier and elderly religious fanatics, and the other by an odd little man who claims to have made eleven holes-in-one the first time he played golf. (Or at least, that's what the state media said.) Interesting times.

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby
Manuel Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #12
Kaiser-Kun
!

Kaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Here's a picture of Monkey on her atmospheric re-entry.
Kaiser-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote