Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #7401
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Only on my harley, nina.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #7402
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Jaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You creatures are almost completely insane!

....no rest for the wicked...

***puts on gloves and apron...gets back to work***

Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #7403
TedTheewen
President of the Cray Fan Club

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycinth View Post
It's that last bit of sanity that's the hardest to get rid of.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #7404
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Jaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTheewen View Post
It's that last bit of sanity that's the hardest to get rid of.

Fleet. Extra strength, should do it.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #7405
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
auntybug has a case of them in the back.

*looks for someone to high five*
anyone?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #7406
auntybug
teh other evil broad

Location: I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing myself.
auntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

....no rest for the wicked...

***puts on gloves and apron...gets back to work***
Almost? That's just hurtful, boss lady.

Battery? That's my reward for your thread?
dick.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #7407
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
cray? Who's the new chick?

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Old 02-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #7408
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post

another noob. pfffft.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #7409
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I figured.

*tosses 20 pounds of primo cheese down garbage disposal*

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 02-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #7410
auntybug
teh other evil broad

auntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
You bust out the chair & you're dead, inn keeper.

eta: never mind. I'll kill you for the cheese abuse.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #7411
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You tell em!

wait - what's going on???

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #7412
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntybug View Post
Almost? That's just hurtful, boss lady.

Battery? That's my reward for your thread?
dick.
You've come to my house twice. You are COMPLETELY INSANE!!!

...and your books are my little dirty secret...don't tell people I'm not reading zombie tales...

Old 02-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #7413
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:

...and your books are my little dirty secret...don't tell people I'm not reading zombie tales...
Beware the Innkeeper.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 02-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #7414
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Annual Rant

Every year I have people come up to me…yea... even seek me out to tell me how smart they are because they are getting a huge tax refund.
(All of you folks who are in countries with a normal tax code, cover your eyes. You don't need this.)

Every year I have to explain to these ignorant piles of pre-cambrian DNA that they are, in fact, mindless tools.

So, one more time: With the exception being people who earn so little as to be eligible for the EIC, Any tax refund you get is simply the government giving you back money that they’ve taken out of your earnings. A smart person would have adjusted their withholding so the government wouldn’t have taken it in the first place. Remember when part of your income is withheld, it is not being put into an interest bearing account, and you do not earn a percentage on it that is paid to you when it is refunded.
Co-worker ‘Sharon’ got a $2,500 (+) tax refund, and all last year she was kvetching about how she needed an extra $150 a month to ‘get by’. Idiot could have not only had an extra $200 a month, but if she'd taken the $50.00 per month difference and put it in an IRA, she’d have $600 SAVED and that same $600 becomes a tax deduction, lowering her taxable income, which would have netted her a few more bucks. Not to mention the interest on the IRA. :::SIGH::::
So, I listen. I nicely explain how she could have more money EVERY WEEK…and I get another ‘But I was smart because I got my money back.’

I’m locking my door. Right after I print this out and TAPE it to my door.

Thank you for allowing me the time to rant. Same time next year?

Last edited by Jaycinth; 02-01-2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: too many buts
Old 02-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #7415
auntybug
teh other evil broad

Quote:
It's your crabs that keep me coming back
TWHS

Quote:
mums the word!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #7416
Roger J Carlson
Moderation in All Things
AW Moderator

Roger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Every year I have people come up to me…yea... even seek me out to tell me how smart they are because they are getting a huge tax refund.
I've arranged my withholding so that I have to PAY a small tax bill every year. This way, I get to keep more of my money longer.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #7417
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

yipes!

this place is lousy with teh noobs, haggis!

Old 02-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #7418
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger J Carlson View Post
I've arranged my withholding so that I have to PAY a small tax bill every year. This way, I get to keep more of my money longer.
I've arranged my withholding so that cray has to pay a little bit more with each of my paychecks plus a huge tax bill for me at the end of each year.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 02-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #7419
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
yipes!

this place is lousy with teh noobs, haggis!

Did you ask PD to wet the sponge?

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 02-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #7420
Gilroy Cullen
Gilroy's Unlicensed Therapy Center

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntybug View Post
It's your crabs that keep me coming back
Ya know, I heard that docs know how to get rid of that problem now...

It's Friday! Woot

Braving SYW:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=279131
A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #7421
Gilroy Cullen
Gilroy's Unlicensed Therapy Center

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
But Mel trashed all the cheap alcohol. Even the boxed wine!
All we have left are the special orders...

Braving SYW:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=279131
A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #7422
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

Quote:
i'm pretty sure it's wet but if it's not we can just put it in qw's pits for a few minutes.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #7423
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
i'm pretty sure it's wet but if it's not we can just put it in qw's pits for a few minutes.
Ew,

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 02-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #7424
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

i hope that douche doesn't see your post, haggis.
that might hurt his stoopid feelings.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:59 PM   #7425
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
i hope that douche doesn't see your post, haggis.
that might hurt his feelings.
That reprobate? You mean he can read now?

Stewie the Chihuey

Closed Thread