Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #51
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My first blog post will go up today. Still working on it.

Anyone else got anything today?
soapdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #52
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yep. I'm starting this evening. Just the official blurb from WiHM, though.
dolores haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #53
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Should I start a new thread for everyone to post their links to? Might keep things more organized.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #54
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah, my first one is just "why I'm celebrating" and "what I'm going to do". The goods come later.

Can you just add the links to the first post of this thread? Whatever is less work for you, D.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #55
dolores haze
ageing savage

Yeah, I'll just keep of here. This I'll ask haggis to sticky it for the month of Feb.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #56
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What a great showing, guys! Please don't forget to post links so the rest of us slackers can benefit from your hard work.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:19 AM   #57
soapdish
writing

Okay, my first post is up. Feed Me. Please.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:36 AM   #58
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Got mine written up longhand; going to post tonight. Just an introductory thingy.

Blog: http://glitter-n-gore.livejournal.com/
Rhoda Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:28 AM   #59
Shara
Fix it in the Rewrite

Shara is a glorious beacon of lightShara is a glorious beacon of light
soapdish, that's a great post. I have retweeted it!

I have decided to do a series of posts about kick-ass heroines of horror - starting with Buffy. Hopefully the first post will go up this weekend.

I am happy to retweet and promote everyone else's posts, and I will post the link to mine on this thread when they go live.

Shara

MY BOOKS:

Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:22 AM   #60
dolores haze
ageing savage

Women in Horror Month: The Official Blurb

Just post your links in this thread, folks. I'm also creating a list in the very first post for easy access.

Please do read other people's posts, then share them on social media and/or leave a comment.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #61
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Okay, mine's ready: The Call of the Grotesque.

Took a little longer than I thought; I'll get on FB later today and start sharing.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #62
Shara
Fix it in the Rewrite

OK, I've just posted my first post, which is an introduction. I'm going to follow this up with a series of four weekly posts about kick-ass fictional horror heroines. Just as a heads-up, the four heroines I've decided to showcase - in order - will be:
1 Buffy
2 Alice from the 'Resident Evil' films
3 Riply from the 'Alien' films
4 Sarah Connor from the 'Terminator' films.

I've also taken the liberty of posting links to the blogs of everyone who said they were participating in WiHM on this thread. If you'd rather I didn't do this, please let me know and I will remove you ASAP.

Similarly, if I missed you off and you would like me to post a link to your blog, please let me know (and give me the URL of your blog).

I will be retweeting everyone else's posts when they go up, so don't forget to let us know when you've posted!

MY BOOKS:

Old 02-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #63
soapdish
writing

Cool, off to read Shara. Rhoda, I got you yesterday.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #64
dolores haze
ageing savage

Nice little promo opportunity here for our published horror gals.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #65
soapdish
writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolores haze View Post
Nice little promo opportunity here for our published horror gals.
So cool!

I think I will do that.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #66
dolores haze
ageing savage

The Art of the Cover

Made a little gallery of cover art that caught my eye. Please do come by and recommend your favorite covers by women in horror.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #67
Shara
Fix it in the Rewrite

Just put up the first of my posts about horror heroines: Buffy

MY BOOKS:

Old 02-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #68
soapdish
writing

That was awesome. Commented and tweeted.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:58 AM   #69
soapdish
writing

My first book review is up now. Anna Dressed in Blood.

Last edited by soapdish; 02-08-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #70
dolores haze
ageing savage

I'm putting links to the posts in the very first thread of this post for easy access. Also have tweeted all the posts. They've picked up quite a few retweets, too. Will be doing a link round-up post this weekend. Keep 'em coming!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #71
SelmaW
Follow your heart; take your brain

SelmaW is well-respected
Oh hey, just saw this thread! I did a WiHM post on Kate Lockley in Angel.
SelmaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #72
soapdish
writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolores haze View Post
They've picked up quite a few retweets, too. Will be doing a link round-up post this weekend. Keep 'em coming!
I know! I've seen that. It makes me feel good. And enthused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelmaW View Post
Hi, Selma. Just read your post. I love how you chose a character that sometimes gets overlooked. I remember Kate. Nice job picking something a little different (yet still relevant) to examine!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #73
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdish View Post
My first book review is up now. Anna Dressed in Blood.
Hey soapy, all I'm seeing is the GoodReads page. Which review is yours?

Old 02-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #74
dolores haze
ageing savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelmaW View Post
Welcome aboard, Selma!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #75
soapdish
writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoda Nightingale View Post
Hey soapy, all I'm seeing is the GoodReads page. Which review is yours?
Whoops! No, it's supposed to link to my blog. I had another URL on my clipboard when I pasted. *headsmack*
I'll fix it. Thank you for catching it!