Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Publishing > Self-Publishing: Print, Digital, Papyrus or Clay
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #126
Norman D Gutter
Engineer Sonneteer

Norman D Gutter should run for PresidentNorman D Gutter should run for PresidentNorman D Gutter should run for PresidentNorman D Gutter should run for PresidentNorman D Gutter should run for PresidentNorman D Gutter should run for President
I'm late reporting December sales due to being under the weather and not going to work (where my sales spreadsheet is). Finally went to the doc today an learned it's the flu. Hopefully I'll get to work Monday and can post some specific numbers.

But December was disappointing. I had 7 sales. One of those was at the Apple store, and probably happened in October or November, but was reported on Dec 1 so I'll count it in December. All the Kindle sales were of lower priced items, so I didn't even make payout in December.

January is starting a little stronger, with 2 sales so far.

My author page at Amazon's Kindle Store.
Norman D Gutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:16 AM   #127
merrihiatt
Writing! Writing! Writing!
Requiescat In Pace

merrihiatt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmerrihiatt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmerrihiatt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmerrihiatt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmerrihiatt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmerrihiatt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmerrihiatt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmerrihiatt is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi Norman. I'm late in reporting December sales, too. lugging my laptop up the stairs is harder than slipping my iPad into my bag. You're still making forward motion. Here's to an uptick of sales in the new year.

I'm a clickable link to Amazon

Smashwords B&N iTunes AllRomance Website
merrihiatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #128
Norman D Gutter
Engineer Sonneteer

Norman D Gutter should run for PresidentNorman D Gutter should run for PresidentNorman D Gutter should run for PresidentNorman D Gutter should run for PresidentNorman D Gutter should run for PresidentNorman D Gutter should run for President
I'm back at work, being mostly over the flu, and can finally post my sales graph. I'm going to report total sales for the year in another post, once I make up some slick tables like Merri uses.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #129
Spell-it-out
I'm gonna give all my secrets away

Spell-it-out is a glorious beacon of lightSpell-it-out is a glorious beacon of lightSpell-it-out is a glorious beacon of light
Norman, I have just realized that I didn't comment in this thread so far, even though I have been following your story with great interest.

I want to say well done so far, and I wish you the best in 2013.
Spell-it-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:18 AM   #130
Ann Joyce
It's all about grace

Ann Joyce has a spectacular aura
So glad you're feeling better; that flu is nasty stuff. Wish I could understand graphs better. *sigh* I join Sio in wishing you the best in 2013.

Heart Song on Amazon
Ann Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #131
Norman D Gutter
Engineer Sonneteer

I completed my 2012 sales table. I'll paste it in and see if it comes in at an acceptable size.

Oh, that's not too bad. Hopefully people can read it okay.

NDG

Old 01-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #132
Ann Joyce
It's all about grace

That one I understand. Congrats on your sales for the year, Norman, and thanks for sharing. Are they all ebooks?

Heart Song on Amazon
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #133
Norman D Gutter
Engineer Sonneteer

Ann:

I think all but four were e-books.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #134
swvaughn
done

swvaughn is a candidate for sainthoodswvaughn is a candidate for sainthoodswvaughn is a candidate for sainthoodswvaughn is a candidate for sainthoodswvaughn is a candidate for sainthoodswvaughn is a candidate for sainthoodswvaughn is a candidate for sainthoodswvaughn is a candidate for sainthood
Glad to hear that 2013 seems promising so far! Many good-luck vibes headed your way.
swvaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:12 AM   #135
Norman D Gutter
Engineer Sonneteer

It's not time to report statistics for the month, but I found one interesting thing. So far in January I have six sales, one each of six different books. This is the first month for me to have six titles selling. So I thought I'd make a graph of titles published vs. titles sold, month by month. Here it is.

And of course the month isn't over yet. I have a definite uptrend in titles sold per month, somewhat lagging titles available. Now, if I could just sell multiple copies of each per month I'd be all set.

Last edited by Norman D Gutter; 01-26-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:45 AM   #136
merrihiatt
Requiescat In Pace

merrihiatt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmerrihiatt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmerrihiatt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmerrihiatt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmerrihiatt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmerrihiatt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmerrihiatt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmerrihiatt is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good news!

Old 01-26-2013, 06:02 AM   #137
BAY
practical experience, FTW

BAY is a shiny, shiny jewelBAY is a shiny, shiny jewel
Wow,

I didn't realize you had so many titles. Good Luck at nibbles before the end of the month.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #138
Norman D Gutter
Engineer Sonneteer

Time to report in for January. In sales it was equal to December which was equal to November which was one less than October. I'm stuck on 7.

Here's the graph and table. Well, I guess the table is a bit large. Moderators, let me know if I need to resize it.

I decided to just delete the images. I'm way too image-challenged to devote the amount of time to it to figure it out. The learning curve is too steep each time I try it to get them small enough but still readable. If anyone wants to see my sales in a table and a graph you can check them out on my blog:

http://davidatodd.com/2013/02/01/january-2013-sales/

Last edited by Norman D Gutter; 02-02-2013 at 01:12 AM. Reason: deleted images; added a link to them.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #139
Old Hack
crazy mean
SuperModerator

Old Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yes, Norman, you do need to resize your images.

Go and read the post about images in the FAQ room next time you're in doubt.
Old Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:00 AM   #140
Rob Lopez
New Skin; Learning About Thick Fish

Rob Lopez is on a distinguished road
Seven looks like your lucky number for the new year. Your average is trending higher than one year ago. Hope you get another spike soon.

Rob Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #141
Norman D Gutter
Engineer Sonneteer

2 sales in February puts me at exactly 200 units so far. Feb 16 will be two years since I started this.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:44 AM   #142
Norman D Gutter
Engineer Sonneteer

Still only two sales in February, but Kobo has now reported for January, and I had two sales there in January, both of the home school edition of my book Documenting America. So I'll have update January numbers when I post in a few days for this month.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:26 AM   #143
Norman D Gutter
Engineer Sonneteer

February ended as a total bust, with just two sales, the worst months since Sept 2011 when I had only two items published. It's not worth posting a graph or a table; plus I'm away from my spreadsheet for the weekend.

Hoping March is a turn-around month,
NDG

Old 03-02-2013, 03:00 AM   #144
merrihiatt
Requiescat In Pace

Wishing it is just that thing, Norman.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #145
robertbevan

robertbevan has a spectacular aurarobertbevan has a spectacular aura
bummer about february, norman. hope things pick up in march.

my facebook author page.
robertbevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:20 AM   #146
Norman D Gutter
Engineer Sonneteer

My sales held steady in March: 2, same as February. And I'm behind where I was a year ago, when I only had three items for sale. Here's the table.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:22 AM   #147
merrihiatt
Requiescat In Pace

Thanks for the update, Norman.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #148
Ann Joyce
It's all about grace

Thanks for checking in, Norman. Hope it takes off like a rocket for you this month. I had 0 ebook sales in March... I need to get more titles up. Onward and upward!

Heart Song on Amazon
Old 04-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #149
Tienci
Lost in the Land of Giants

Tienci has a spectacular auraTienci has a spectacular aura
Thanks for keeping us updated!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #150
robertbevan

robertbevan has a spectacular aurarobertbevan has a spectacular aura
thanks for sharing, norman. hope things pick up for you in april.

my facebook author page.
robertbevan is offline   Reply With Quote