Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > AW Bookclub
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2011, 02:36 AM   #51
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Bellingham WA July 22:

Kelly Meding's Three Days to Dead and As Lie The Dead. Both were fronted by the store, not yours truly.

And I spotted this one too:

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?

Last edited by MacAllister; 01-17-2012 at 05:37 AM.
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #52
Hip-Hop-a-potamus
My rhymes are bottomless

Hip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Here's a shoutout to Jamie Ford's "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet." I found my copy at the Owl's Nest Bookstore in Calgary, Alberta.

I don't have a pic, but i can take one, as it's now sitting on my nightstand. Does that count?

Hip-Hop-a-potamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #53
logan9a
Love the TARDIS

logan9a is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip-Hop-a-potamus View Post
Here's a shoutout to Jamie Ford's "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet." I found my copy at the Owl's Nest Bookstore in Calgary, Alberta.

I don't have a pic, but i can take one, as it's now sitting on my nightstand. Does that count?
No.
logan9a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #54
Hip-Hop-a-potamus
My rhymes are bottomless

Hip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan9a View Post
Well, Mac says it does, so nyahhh.

I just have to get the dig. camera back from my beloved spouse.

ptptptptptptp

Old 01-17-2012, 05:36 AM   #55
MacAllister
'Twas but a dream of thee
El Jefe

MacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It totally counts. You've got the book in your hot little hands, show us a picture!

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings
MacAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #56
mccardey
I'm writing. Undistractable.

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This is delightful news I follow a few very good book-review blogs in Australia and today's review on one of them was for our very own aadams!!! Her debut novel got what can only be described as a five-star rave - and when I double-checked (thank you, Google) it turns out the book is getting this kind of treatment all over the place. Including Kirkus Review.

White Horse. by Alex Adams. Just in case you were wondering.

Well done, Alex! You're on the way, hon!

Last edited by mccardey; 05-10-2012 at 09:44 PM.
mccardey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #57
Ari Meermans
MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
AW Moderator

Ari Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Woot! Congratulations, Alex!
Ari Meermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #58
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Awesome stuff!

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
SaraP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #59
juniper
Always curious.

juniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Saw two today at Bloomsbury Books, a smallish indie bookstore in Ashland, Oregon (we went for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, a great time had by all). The bookstore was packed! I hope they are thriving.

They were both on shelves right by the front door, easy to see, face out. Hope I've got the photos right here - "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern and "White Horse" by Alex Adams.

[Mod note: Resized per poster's request.]

“Inspiration is for amateurs — the rest of us just show up and get to work.” Artist Chuck Close

"For all my dreams, I am what I do." --David K. Reynolds, Constructive Living guru

blogging (sporadically) at http://www.katjuniper.blogspot.com, tweeting (sometimes) as @KatJuniper

Last edited by Williebee; 06-23-2012 at 06:16 PM.
juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:18 AM   #60
Escape Artist
Plotting her escape...

Escape Artist has a spectacular auraEscape Artist has a spectacular aura
Nice to know I'm not the only one who squee's at seeing a fellow AWer's book out "in the wild" - I swear, every time I go to the bookstore (if hubby is with me) I'll point out to him each and every book!

It's like "Hey! Look at this! I kinda/sorta know this person!" Feels like knowing a celebrity or something.

Someday... Someday I'll have myself a book out in the wild. Fingers crossed and all that.

Oh, and all of my spottings are of course in central Texas...

Six Feet Under - (drafting)

In Lieu of Death - (brainstorming)
Escape Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:51 AM   #61
HarryHoskins
Straw-fed

HarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
For almost two years I've searched ...

The quest was long and arduous, some say I lost my mind in the process, others say it was already lost. Whatever the truth, I don't mind declaring that on more than one occasion I almost lost faith.

Perhaps it was my preponderance for perusing charity shops for books? After all, who but a madman freely discards a book written by an AWer's exalted hand? I don't know, but for those long, wilderness years, I spied nary a tome from an A dubbers paw.

Not one book.

Nor a single page.

Misery.

And then today ... glorious today ... beautific today ... Thursday! (around lunchtime) I found one in a Tesco supermarket!

Unfortunately there is no in the wild pic -- a man without credit never carries his phone -- and yet here it is: rescued, taken to a warm place and given a stiff drink!

Now, just because I've re-homed the little blighter doesn't mean I'll treat her special. I don't have favourites -- Australians aside. So she'll go in the TBR pile just like all the rest and, after that, I have plans for her.

A madman's plans!

Yes, once she's read I'll re-release her -- ala Paddington Bear -- with a little tag on her jacket saying 'Please look after this book, thank you' ...

... and I'll defo take pictures of that.*

You need not mean what you say, but you must say what you mean - Afrit
HarryHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #62
mccardey
I'm writing. Undistractable.

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Jamie Mason's Three Graves Full

(and me. Because it was windy and cold and dark and it kept falling over.)

ETA: Waaah! It keeps being ginormous!
hang on....

ETA2: Nup - can't do it. If somebody clever or aged 14 could PM me about how to resize from Photobucket? In the meantime, you'll find it here

Brilliant book, by the way

Last edited by mccardey; 02-25-2013 at 01:37 PM.
mccardey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #63
juniper
Always curious.

juniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yesterday, at Barnes and Noble in Clackamas, Oregon - the beautiful book in the middle - by Jamie Mason (AWer Perks)

[IMG][/IMG]

“Inspiration is for amateurs — the rest of us just show up and get to work.” Artist Chuck Close

"For all my dreams, I am what I do." --David K. Reynolds, Constructive Living guru

blogging (sporadically) at http://www.katjuniper.blogspot.com, tweeting (sometimes) as @KatJuniper
juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #64
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
Yesterday, at Barnes and Noble in Clackamas, Oregon - the beautiful book in the middle - by Jamie Mason (AWer Perks)
Three Bags Full looks mighty fine there!

I'll be going to my local B & N, and will order copies if they aren't on the shelf.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #65
TNK
The door is ajar.

TNK is a shiny, shiny jewelTNK is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
I found it yesterday at Chapters in Sherwood Park, Alberta.

It's not there anymore.

NOTE: You say "trope", I say "well-honed story tool." - John Rogers

Nanowrimo 2013: Edit

TNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:25 AM   #66
Hip-Hop-a-potamus
My rhymes are bottomless

I'm very excited. My friend Tracey posted this, of my book, to Facebook while she's sitting on a beach in the Dominican Republic!

Last edited by Hip-Hop-a-potamus; 11-27-2013 at 04:32 AM.