Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > Bulletin Board
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
M. Scott
2014 is my year!

M. Scott has a spectacular aura
My love, another writer, has cervical cancer and I've made a fundraiser. Care to assist?

Shortly before Christmas, my girlfriend, Amy Urbanske was diagnosed with cervical cancer. She underwent a full 8 weeks of treatment only to find out they'd misdiagnoses the stage and all the money paid and time spent feeling ill due to chemo and radiation had no effect. We then brought her to the Cancer Treatment Center of America in New Mexico to have them formulate her diagnosis. She has Stage 2 cervical, which she should be able to recover fully from, but paying the bills, including rent, is becoming incredibly tough and we need to make sure she's able to rest and have as little stress as possible during these trying times.

I started up a campaign to help raise money which will help her with treatment, making her rent while sickness keeps her from working and the bills come in. Every bit helps. Even if you don’t donate money, if you could post this message elsewhere, forward it or do anything to help spread the word, that’d be amazing.

The link to our fundraising page is below. Thank you so much!

http://fundly.com/lovely-girl-amy-ur...eeds-your-help

Twitter

Blog

Last edited by M. Scott; 01-26-2013 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Link specificity
M. Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:37 AM   #2
Silver King
Megalops Erectus
AW Moderator

Silver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This thread has been moved, MS, from Office Party to Bulletin Board, where other fundraising efforts have appeared in the past.

Best of luck to you and your friend.
Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
Lady MacBeth
Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.

Lady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthood
Best of luck!
Lady MacBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:21 PM   #4
JayMan
Like Burt Reynolds in Gator

JayMan is a shiny, shiny jewelJayMan is a shiny, shiny jewel
Will try to help any way I can. Good luck to her.
JayMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #5
kobold
Killer of Giants

Location: Onboard the TESLA, Trans-Dimensional Union Class Science + Exploration Vessel
kobold is on a distinguished road
Seems to be some misstep in donating online, which happens around here-- is there an address to which we could mail a check? If not, we'll try again. . .

All positive vibes in Amy's direction. What a beautiful girl (and a redhead, no less!) -- please tell her we love the cute jack-o-lantern shirt.

We will post her info on the bulletin board here at the First Cathedral and see what happens.

Good luck!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
A Li Shan
Dr. Sniffles will see you now.

A Li Shan is on a distinguished road
I just made a donation. Praying for her healing.

Non-fiction: A Portrait of the Artist as an Old Man: Jing Hao and his Works

Horror genre: The Valley View Haunting
A Li Shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #7
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobold View Post
Seems to be some misstep in donating online, which happens around here-- is there an address to which we could mail a check? If not, we'll try again. . .
Here too. Was unable to donate online, will try again tomorrow. I've tweeted the link to my followers (not that I have a lot of 'em, but still).

Wishing you and Amy all the strength and keeping you guys in my thoughts.

Blog

New Blog Post: How to Avoid Writing Bad Erotica

Short sexy stories: A Spank in Time, published by Blushing Books

Projects:
The Saga of EvilPants: "writing" a "query"

Cobra Ultraviolent Badge Of Honor:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
To the characters in your stories, you're a big death-ray of sunshine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post

10s
10trackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #8
M. Scott
2014 is my year!

Cancer Donations

Greetings to my fellow AW members,

I've been off the threads a few too many months, namely because life has been being a pain in my and my girlfriend's backside. To make a long story short, right around Christmas, she went to the gynocologist and was expecting a basic appointment. Nope. They came up with "cervical" cancer as a diagnosis. Not so bad. She did the 8 weeks of treatment and went back in to found it had spread during the treatment. The doctors jumped on it and went for a more intensive treatment. And...it still got worse. Even though the finances were a strain and she didn't feel like going though more treatment if it just kept getting worse, we sent her over to The Cancer Treatment Center of America in New Mexico. The cancer kept doing the same thing...so they finally realized it was uterine that'd traveled to the cervix. Time to start treatment all over again!

Anyway, she's now in the chemo stage and in 2 weeks it'll be a solid five months of treatment. They'd usually start removing organs with where she was at, but she's only 26, so that option is usually for people over 50. In two week she'll have had a solid five months of treatment.

To show my support, I've made a facebook group people can leave encouraging messages on. I've also created a donation page.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AmyUrbanske...gUterineCancer

Donations: https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/0UZG3

And, if you want to see any of her writing, it's at http://www.amazon.com/Amy-Croall/e/B008C9UI8K

It's under her old last name, since she's previously divorced and was publishing then.

Twitter

Blog
Old 04-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #9
Siri Kirpal
Swan in Process

Siri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

My prayers and blessings for you and your lady.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Old 04-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #10
Ambrosia
Grand Duchess of Spring
AW Poet Laureate

Ambrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What a horror story. Prayers sent your guy's way.

I have given in to the Blog Bug. Visit my Duchy here.

"Hmmm .... Duchess after much thought you are clearly the Tribal Sage." Neporsche, Tribal Scribe

"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past."

-- George Orwell's "1984"

Ambrosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #11
M. Scott
2014 is my year!

Thanks guys!

I'm sort of tripping out at the moment. Just enough money to cover the next couple weeks...barely. Don't have enough on-hand to get her home on the 3rd. She should be done with all treatment stuff then, but...fuck.

Twitter

Blog
Old 04-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #12
Susan Littlefield
Tell it like it Is

Susan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My prayers are with you and your loved one, M. Scott.

Please visit my website: http://www.susanlittlefield.blogspot.com/

Susan Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #13
Mary-ellen D
practical experience, FTW

Mary-ellen D is on a distinguished road
many hugs and prayers. As a cancer survivor I know how difficult this can be.
Mary-ellen D is offline   Reply With Quote