Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #17351
TedTheewen
President of the Cray Fan Club

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah, I was gonna say "washed" but it didn't come out. I didn't have any hair for about 6 1/2 years and then 3 years ago I just let it grow out.

I'm finally pub'd in paper! July 2014 issue of Infernal Ink Magazine!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #17352
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Okay, past my bed time. Night, Ted.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #17353
TedTheewen

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
'Night hon. I might go to bed early because I was up half the night. At least my sheets n' stuff are clean. I'll sleep well tonight, I think.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #17354
ASC McLaren
Intended for mature audiences

ASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTheewen View Post
I always get soap in my eyes when I was my hair. Every morning I have red eyes when I get out of the shower.
Hehe. If Soapy or I have red eyes, well an ounce is legal
Old 01-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #17355
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
*is traumatized*

*rubs her face all over Soapy in hopes it'll wash away*

Ooh, you smell pretty, Soaps.
I had a cat that did that.

Then we had it fixed.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #17356
TedTheewen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASC McLaren View Post
Where you are, it is. Where I am, it ain't. And they get you for the other stuff, too. But most of the time they turn a blind eye.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #17357
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
It's so funny because when this news came out, I thought I'd imagined it. I woke up kind of groggy, hearing someone on the alarm clock radio talking about the controversy. I got up and stumbled into the kitchen saying, "Can I have an ounce of pot?"

You should have seen the look on my husband's face. He thought I was asking him for some, or asking permission to have some.

Really I was just asking if that was a possibility now.

Secretly I think he was looking at me like that because he wanted to blame me for why he'd HAVE to get some now. Because the wife demanded it.

But, anyway, apparently we can only posses it, right? We're not allowed to get it. In other words, if it just magically appeared out of nowhere then it's legal, but if someone gave or sold it to us then we're in trouble?
Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #17358
night-flyer
flying about searching for cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I haz no pot. But I haz Nyquil. And it's totally legal!

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:29 AM   #17359
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
@soapy: What about growing it? Is that a possibility?

Blog: http://glitter-n-gore.livejournal.com/
Old 01-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #17360
soapdish
writing

No. I don't think so. I think that's still illegal, too.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:55 AM   #17361
soapdish
writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
I haz no pot. But I haz Nyquil. And it's totally legal!
Crap, that's hardcore, Night. I won't TOUCH Nyquil.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:57 AM   #17362
night-flyer

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdish View Post
No. I don't think so. I think that's still illegal, too.
Dang, they take the fun out of everything. :/

Quote:
Crap, that's hardcore, Night. I won't TOUCH Nyquil.
I didn't touch it, I drank it.

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:17 AM   #17363
soapdish
writing

Quote:

I didn't touch it, I drank it.

I've missed you.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #17364
night-flyer

Aw.... I missed you, too. Life is way too filthy without Soap. heh.

I've had the flu for a while, but I think it's starting to get better, I hope. I've also been painting some.

Quote:

Old 01-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #17365
ASC McLaren
Intended for mature audiences

ASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
It's so funny because when this news came out, I thought I'd imagined it. I woke up kind of groggy, hearing someone on the alarm clock radio talking about the controversy. I got up and stumbled into the kitchen saying, "Can I have an ounce of pot?"

You should have seen the look on my husband's face. He thought I was asking him for some, or asking permission to have some.

Really I was just asking if that was a possibility now.

Secretly I think he was looking at me like that because he wanted to blame me for why he'd HAVE to get some now. Because the wife demanded it.

But, anyway, apparently we can only posses it, right? We're not allowed to get it. In other words, if it just magically appeared out of nowhere then it's legal, but if someone gave or sold it to us then we're in trouble?
Ever hear of the "Weed Fairy"? By the way, at work we realized that if you had 15 friends with you then there could be up to a pound, ah, forget I said anything.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #17366
soapdish
writing

Quote:
I've had the flu for a while, but I think it's starting to get better, I hope. I've also been painting some.
Ew. Yucky. I'm sorry.

Quote:
Ever hear of the "Weed Fairy"? By the way, at work we realized that if you had 15 friends with you then there could be up to a pound, ah, forget I said anything.
Weed Fairy? Cousin to the Tooth Fairy? Do I have to leave her anything, or...
Old 01-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #17367
night-flyer

*wonders what you'd leave for a weed fairy* I think it involves that green paper that I rarely ever have my possession...

you're sorry about the painting or the flu? ha, at this moment it could be either one.

Quote:

Old 01-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #17368
soapdish
writing

Quote:
you're sorry about the painting or the flu? ha, at this moment it could be either one.
The flu.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #17369
night-flyer

oh good, I was wondering how you saw my painting. I started looking for cameras and then I covered up my webcam eye. I'm suspicious enough without a visit from the weed fairy.

Thanks I was rather sickly, fevers and stuff. Think I made it through the worst of it though.

Quote:

Old 01-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #17370
soapdish
writing

Well, I'm off to read bedtime stories.

Night all.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #17371
night-flyer

You're not going to read us any bedtime stories?

g'night Soapy.

Quote:

Old 01-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #17372
TedTheewen

Damn, I just got here and missed folks! Oh well.

You know, if you stand outside and say, "I think I'll go swimming!" in a loud, clear voice somebody will appear to help you out.

We do this all the time at work.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #17373
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTheewen View Post
You know, if you stand outside and say, "I think I'll go swimming!" in a loud, clear voice somebody will appear to help you out.

Usually it's BW throwing around references I don't get.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 01-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #17374
TedTheewen

Towlie. It's a South Park reference.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #17375
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
Usually it's BW throwing around references I don't get.
The South Park box-sets are really cheap at the moment because... well, all the companies selling DVDs seem to be going out of business. Get them.

Behind all the fart jokes and profanity, the series does have some very clever lines, and references which go beyond the normal. Not quite as heavy on the "I'm so clever" as Futurama, but few shows are that clever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Closed Thread