Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Rejection and Dejection
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #126
Amarie
carpe libri

Amarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaleb View Post
Just batted around like a mouse thrown into a room with cats...
That is a very good description of your first few days here.

Haupe, you are an extremely perceptive person. I just saw one of those for the first time yesterday (seahorse) and was choking on my coffee laughing
Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #127
Leanan-Sidhe
leaving trails of fairy dust

Leanan-Sidhe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLeanan-Sidhe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLeanan-Sidhe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLeanan-Sidhe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLeanan-Sidhe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLeanan-Sidhe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLeanan-Sidhe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLeanan-Sidhe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLeanan-Sidhe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLeanan-Sidhe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
(((Shveta))) Hugs for the R. You might want to wait and get some distance before deciding whether you agree with the comments. It's tough to be objective right after getting rejected.

(((((Kiahanna))))) Throwing things? Of all the childish, bullying crap. You don't deserve this, and we're here to support you however you go forward.

Dys, yay for surviving your first day teaching by yourself!

(((((Cricket))))) Nooo. That isn't fair. Your luck is terrible!

Smiley, yay for the request!

Welcome, idontknowwhatimdoing!

Copper, hugs for the R.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #128
Haupe
Mad Thread Killa

Haupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Amarie, the seahorse one is classic. As you can tell from my siggy, I'm a Ze Fr@nk fan.

I just know your sense of appreciation for the natural world.

"When writing a novel, that's pretty much entirely what life turns into: House burned down. Car stolen. Cat exploded. Did 1500 easy words, so all in all it was a pretty good day." ~Neil Gaiman

"Perfectionism may look good in his shiny shoes, but he's a little bit of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties." ~Ze Frank
Old 01-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #129
dystophil
Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe

dystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
It's just rosemary steeped in hot water with a little honey. It has a woodsy, piney taste which I like (not everyone does) and it does help with headaches. (At least mine.)
That sounds delicious.

(((Copper))) Fingers crossed!

On the job-related note. I finally braved writing my teaching resume tonight. I'm probably going to tweak it here and there, but I'm feeling pretty good about how it turned out. Promptly applied for a summer teaching job (teaching developmental reading), which would be really shiny if I could land it. Monies, I need them.

Also, have to say as I'm gushing about loving student teaching so far, I have to say, I pretty much struck gold with the school I'm at. Everyone is super nice and willing to help me out however they can. A lot of my student teaching friends haven't been so lucky. Counting my blessings here.

Oh and I've never heard of Ze Frank. Will have to check into this!

Off to bed now after doing what feels like All The Things tonight. Really hoping this ice rain will let up and I'll make it to school okay in the morning...

Old 01-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #130
Kiahanna
Benefactor Member

Kiahanna leaves trails of profuse coolnessKiahanna leaves trails of profuse coolnessKiahanna leaves trails of profuse coolnessKiahanna leaves trails of profuse coolnessKiahanna leaves trails of profuse coolness
Braving today as the last day before the weekend starts. Here's hoping it will be better.

On the positive side, despite all this stress making me want to smoke, I haven't.

Ring Around the Moon (short story) - finished, on Goodreads (http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/...moon?chapter=1)

Urban Fantasy x 3 in progress

"Sometimes the wolves are silent, and the moon howls..."

"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain." -Joseph Campbell
Old 01-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #131
ink wench
ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine

ink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning, all.

(((Kiahanna))) Your work sounds toxic. I'm sorry you're stuck dealing with that.

(((Shveta))) I hope you got something useful out of the R.

Dys, yay for surviving! Glad you're loving it!

(((Copper)))

(((Cricket))) I'm really hoping this isn't what you think it is.

Sat on my butt all day yesterday with plenty of tea and feel slightly better today. Also managed to add 10k to the WIP yesterday. (It helps that at least 7k of that was ripped from an earlier version of the story and just needed some tweaking.)

An0ther L1ttle P1ece 0f My Heart
(Harlequin Teen)- December 2013

Twitter * Website
Old 01-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #132
Calla Lily
On deadline for the next year or so
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Day Four of dead laptop. Eyes hurt from checking AW and FB on phone. Am hand-editing the WIP, but am cranky.

*hugs* all around. I'll bring the homemade BBQ sauce for the noob roast.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #133
kellion92
A cat may not look at a king

kellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Guys, I can see the weekend from here! Have hope.

Feel better, Ink.

Good luck, Kiahanna!

Cricket, I hope your call has some not-terrible news.

And Snappy, don't you have lunch with your agent today? Keep us informed!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #134
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
A co-worker just forwarded me the email he got, titled "Alic3 Low33cey's New Book" releasing Feb 1.

Yeah! Pump up those sales numbers! "C'mere, big boys, look at this hot and available series! You know you want it..." [insert Blond's stripper icons here]
Old 01-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #135
kellion92
A cat may not look at a king

kellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Woohoo, Lily!

Just found a dove huddled in the snow, frozen to death.

Very Hans Christian Anderson.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #136
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

kellion, that's so sad...
Old 01-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #137
dystophil

dystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning, Purgs!

Yay for all the promo, Lily! Boo for dead laptop.

That's sad, Kell.

Feel better, Ink!

Off to school. Another long day, but hey, it's Friday! (Yes, I have to work tonight, but still... )

Old 01-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #138
K. Taylor
Bah Humbug

K. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Poor dove.

Lily, provided your hard drive didn't die mechanically, it'll be possible to read it with another computer and back off your data.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #139
dystophil

Just received an email about school being delayed for two hours because the ice is so bad. Stupid freezing rain.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #140
Tasmin21
Coming July 8th!

Tasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mornin' folk!

Still no word on the job front. The longer it stretches on, the less hopeful I am. However, they're getting ready to open up similar positions in another department, for a whole new team, and I just spent about ten minutes talking to the VP over that so hopefully I'm on his radar now. Just gotta wait for the positions to be posted so I can officially apply.

Feel like I'm in a whole lot of limbo at the moment.
AW2: 5,587/70,000
Old 01-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #141
charmingbillie
Are we there yet?

charmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscharmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscharmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscharmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscharmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscharmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscharmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscharmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscharmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
WHEW! Found it. *pant pant pant*

I almost got left behind!

Morning everyone! Just wanted to post in the not quite so new any more thread. More later.

Oh, yeah, what are you going to do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you?
--Homer Simpson
Old 01-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #142
dystophil

Fingers crossed, Tas! Extra job vamp dust for you!

And hi, Billie! Glad you found us.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #143
JennW
Hangin' with my writing peeps

JennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning purgies!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #144
Amarie
carpe libri

Amarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmarie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Kell, that is sad. i was thinking about doves a couple of days ago when I was watching them eat the birdseed I had spilled on the ground. They can't use a lot of modern birdfeeders which are designed to keep squirrels away, so they have a harder time in the winter. I'm going to start spreading food on the ground on purpose, though then they always have to be on alert for the neighbor cat.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #145
sammyig
Vampire Connoisseur

sammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning all.

((Cricket))

((Kihanna))

I'm up, awake, and slightly functional. It's supposed to start dumping on us with snow at any minute, so we'll see what happens here.

My plan today: watch it snow, write, and read.

Welcome, IDK!

Sorrow's Point- Crescent Moon Press- Release Date: October 15, 2013

Constructing Marcus- Eirelander Publishing- Release Date: August 30, 2013

My Blog/Website Twitter Facebook
Old 01-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #146
firedrake
practical experience, FTW

firedrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Afternoon all.

Kell, that's so sad about the dove.
I've been putting food out for the birds. We have a holly tree across the road from us. It was stripped bare in a matter of hours by a flock of birds.

Been doing stuff for my first tax return as a self employed person. I am very, very lucky to have a friend who happens to specialise in taxes. She's done it all for me. I can't thank her enough for saving me a whole load of hassle.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #147
sammyig
Vampire Connoisseur

sammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Fire- that's awesome. Taxes are always so stressful.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #148
dystophil

Ugh, taxes. Don't even get me started.

I'm flailing this morning. *flail flail flail*

Old 01-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #149
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedrake View Post
Been doing stuff for my first tax return as a self employed person. I am very, very lucky to have a friend who happens to specialise in taxes. She's done it all for me. I can't thank her enough for saving me a whole load of hassle.
HMRC do a series of free workshops in various cities to help the self-employed with their taxes. Ever tried those? I need to get my head around allowable expenses for working from home before I do my tax return for 2012-13.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #150
sammyig
Vampire Connoisseur

On a totally random note, L3an Cuis!ne has come out with these vegetarian meals. And, one of them happens to be Indian-style masala. I'm happy to report that it actually tastes like Indian food. This is my tiny squeal for the week.

Closed Thread