Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Freelance & Work for Hire > Paying Markets
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
LadyJ218
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

LadyJ218 is on a distinguished road
Arrow Short Scripts $30 5-10 pages [Payment $30 for 5-10pgs]

I am buying well written short scripts of any genre to produce for my reel. The scripts should be written to a budget of less than $250. You may e-mail any script(s) to tiauna@sandjack.com I don't need a query e-mail, just send it as a .pdf

Examples of things with budgets that are too high are:
On horseback
At the beach or in water
Spiders spinning webs
Destroying a kitchen

Yes I've gotten these. Please just consider this to be a fun no budget project that will get produced and you will be credited. Once again ANY GENRE is acceptable but you have to keep in mind a full on production budget that includes post production. So if you can't shoot it with 0 connections for $250, then I can't shoot it with massive connections. Any other questions, feel free to e-mail me or visit sandjack.com

Purchase Rights:
I would like to purchase outright, I am not interested in licensing. I need to be able to own the material so I can produce when funds, and time permit.

Deadline:
At this time I have no deadline as I do not anticipate making offers to acquisition until mid January 2013. I do have an analyst that reads all submissions that are properly formatted.

Questions you might have:
Why outright? I am looking to build my reel for my production company. I'm not in a position to option stuff and license stuff, etc. I am a start up so for any of you that are in the same boat you know that you have to do things when you have money and time off from the 9 to 5.

Will I be credited? I will credit you based on 26screenplays.com.

Quote:
If you use the screenplay and modify it less than 50%, credit me the following way:
Screenplay by
M. Robert Turnage, 26screenplays.com
and
[Your name]
If you use the screenplay and modify it between 51 and 90%, credit me the following way:
Screenplay by
[Your name]
and
If you use the screenplay and modify it more than 90%, credit me the following way:
Original story by
What kind of scripts are you looking for?
Anything low budget.

I know $30 isn't a lot of money considering you make about 30,000 in the union writing a tv script, but I am actually looking for something really good. The thing I am going for is doing good work. I'm not in it for the money. You scoff, but I am an accountant by day, this journey I am on is really a way for me to express myself creatively and provide a place where new artists (writers, actors, directors, composers, etc) can come to with an open door policy and say here is my stuff, can we get it produced so I can get my name out there. That is really what I am about. I have no investors. This is all funded by me. I do my own websites, I do my own IT, I do my own bookkeeping (oh I line produce by the way for co-producers credit), I do my own networking, marketing, etc. I'll get off my soap box now. Because I can feel another 15 pages wanting to spew out.

I would love to produce stuff like the short Inside. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjTOs1L3SBg

Last edited by LadyJ218; 01-30-2013 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Adding in some questions asked
LadyJ218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

Manuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sounds like an interesting project.

I have something in mind, but need to look it over first. Do you have a deadline?

ETA: I'll email this question, but I think you'd find it useful to answer questions publicly in this thread; saves time, and gets you potentially a deeper pool.

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby
Manuel Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:55 AM   #3
Catadmin
An Author in Search of a Plot

Catadmin is well-respected
What sort of rights are you asking for?
Member: HWA, IAMTW, SFWA (Writing Organizations)
Webpage: www.brandietarvin.net
Blog: brandietarvin.livejournal.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/wannabewriter06
Google+: https://plus.google.com/100891322152106439508/about

See me at the Baltimore Book Festival: http://www.baltimorebookfestival.com...ule/all-events
Catadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

Manuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Catadmin, I sent your question (good one) in an email.

The answer to mine was that they don't have a firm deadline for now.

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby
Old 12-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #5
LadyJ218

Sorry, I clearly need to adjust my settings to e-mail notification, thank you Mr. Royal!

Purchase Rights:
I would like to purchase outright, I am not interested in licensing. I need to be able to own the material so I can produce when funds, and time permit.

Deadline:
At this time I have no deadline as I do not anticipate making offers to acquisition until mid January 2013. I do have an analyst that reads all submissions that are properly formatted.

Questions you might have:
Why outright? I am looking to build my reel for my production company. I'm not in a position to option stuff and license stuff, etc. I am a start up so for any of you that are in the same boat you know that you have to do things when you have money and time off from the 9 to 5.

Will I be credited? I will credit you based on 26screenplays.com.

Quote:
If you use the screenplay and modify it less than 50%, credit me the following way:
Screenplay by
and
[Your name]
If you use the screenplay and modify it between 51 and 90%, credit me the following way:
Screenplay by
[Your name]
and
If you use the screenplay and modify it more than 90%, credit me the following way:
Original story by
What kind of scripts are you looking for?
Anything low budget.

I know $30 isn't a lot of money considering you make about 30,000 in the union writing a tv script, but I am actually looking for something really good. The thing I am going for is doing good work. I'm not in it for the money. You scoff, but I am an accountant by day, this journey I am on is really a way for me to express myself creatively and provide a place where new artists (writers, actors, directors, composers, etc) can come to with an open door policy and say here is my stuff, can we get it produced so I can get my name out there. That is really what I am about. I have no investors. This is all funded by me. I do my own websites, I do my own IT, I do my own bookkeeping (oh I line produce by the way for co-producers credit), I do my own networking, marketing, etc. I'll get off my soap box now. Because I can feel another 15 pages wanting to spew out.

I would love to produce stuff like the short Inside. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjTOs1L3SBg
Old 12-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #6
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

Okay; sending you something.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
Catadmin
An Author in Search of a Plot

Catadmin is well-respected
Thank you for answering our questions.
Member: HWA, IAMTW, SFWA (Writing Organizations)
Webpage: www.brandietarvin.net
Blog: brandietarvin.livejournal.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/wannabewriter06
Google+: https://plus.google.com/100891322152106439508/about

See me at the Baltimore Book Festival: http://www.baltimorebookfestival.com...ule/all-events
Catadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

Thanks for the quick response to my submission!

Old 01-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #9
bladestalker
practical experience, FTW

bladestalker is on a distinguished road
I have a 2 page comic script set in a pub with two actors and x amount of extras whihc would be perfect.
bladestalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 AM   #10
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

So -- my first script sale.

ETA: And -- promptly paid.

Last edited by Manuel Royal; 01-24-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #11
regdog
Barricade
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Royal View Post
So -- my first script sale.

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Time

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #12
LadyJ218

Still buying scripts

Manny's script is awesome. And I'm looking forward to the comic script in development (I hope still). I try to make it as painless as possible. And honestly, I'm indebted to you all so when I actually have things going, I will bring you with me.
So please don't be afraid to submit a script! If you want to keep tabs on me I have a website: www.sandjack.com
Old 01-30-2013, 02:31 AM   #13
MakanJuu

MakanJuu has a spectacular auraMakanJuu has a spectacular aura
This sounds like an interesting proposal, but I'm worried about the budget constraints.

Does this generally mean the only thing you can really have is actors & a findable location to shoot (no sound stage stuff)? No props, no effects, that sort of thing?

Backburners:
Let Us Thrive- Political Thriller/ Character Drama
Paranorm- Horror/ Character Drama
Buried Below- Treasure Hunter Homage
Spirits Sequels & Prequel(s)
MakanJuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:58 AM   #14
LadyJ218

Writing to a budget

Budget writing, is quite the challenge. Of course VFX, SFX have to be limited/non existent because of lack of financing. Locations like the beach or using a specific lunar cycle are also tricky, it involves either trying to shoot on location ($$$) and/or buying stock footage which may or may not be $$$ depending on quality.

If you were going to write something for yourself and knew you only had $200 to shoot the thing, including feed crew, buy make up, props, clean it up in post, advertise it, etc what would you write?
Old 02-09-2013, 05:19 AM   #15
bladestalker

My script was accepted and payment is on its way. The producers are very accomodating and were fun to work with.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #16
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladestalker View Post
My script was accepted and payment is on its way. The producers are very accommodating and were fun to work with.
Congrats!

Old 02-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #17
bladestalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Royal View Post
Congrats!

And to you Mannie. Looking forward to seeing these completed.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:43 AM   #18
ShannonR.
<insert witty title here>

ShannonR. is on a distinguished road
Are you still looking for short scripts?

My Facebook page

My Blog-The Prozac Queen's Court

My AllWomenStalk profile page
ShannonR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:18 AM   #19
SDBmania

SDBmania is on a distinguished road
I'd like to help out, but I'm not sure I will have the time! Between school and working on my short story series, I'm pretty busy. But, I may try to come up with something in the future. Haha, now I'll be trying to think of some ideas that could work for around $200.

Good luck to you!

http://www.scottdavidbrown.com

Facebook
The Lost Elf
SDBmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:06 AM   #20
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

And, they've produced my little script for next to no money!

Make the Baby

Last edited by Manuel Royal; 10-24-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #21
LadyJ218

Talking Make the Baby

And here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwhBok5vYU
Old 10-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #22
bladestalker

I liked the video. What's next on your schedule?
Old 11-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #23
jtbrazil

jtbrazil is on a distinguished road
I hope they are still looking, I just sent one in.
When a student goes missing, an agent soon uncovers a cover-up that dates back to the 40's
FaceBook
jtbrazil is offline   Reply With Quote