Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #17326
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTheewen View Post
Instead of hooking and unhooking a wire, the tech went through and cut everything, including my stuff.
Was it a legit guy they used, or someone working cash in hand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #17327
TedTheewen
President of the Cray Fan Club

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
Was it a legit guy they used, or someone working cash in hand?
Oh, he was legit. He was driving on their equipment vans and everything.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #17328
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Maybe this is a sign that humanity is taking the plot of Idiocracy a little too seriously...

Quote:
Quote:
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #17329
TedTheewen

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
God I love that movie! I tell everybody I know to watch it. It's sadly very true.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #17330
BigWords
Geekzilla

I keep telling people to watch it. No one listens. It is a sobering warning... If things get to that point, the lizard overlords are welcome to the planet.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #17331
ASC McLaren
Intended for mature audiences

ASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Maybe this is a sign that humanity is taking the plot of Idiocracy a little too seriously...
Idiocracy is a future documentary. The only thing Mike Judge got wrong was "500 years in the future", it's more like 50 years in the future.....
Old 01-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #17332
TedTheewen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASC McLaren View Post
Idiocracy is a future documentary. The only thing Mike Judge got wrong was "500 years in the future", it's more like 50 years in the future.....
That and in 500 years there won't be any more people with blond hair and blue eyes. In fact, most white genetic traits will have been bred out.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #17333
night-flyer
flying around in the pumpkin patch

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdish View Post
Thanks.

I'm seriously considering just writing it without an ending at this point. It's terrible and probably totally WRONG for the book. I suck at endings. REALLY suck.

Reworked it a little this morning and hope to get a little more done this afternoon.
I started editing and rewrites without my ending getting done. It was the only way that I could bring myself to work on it bc I was stuck on the last few chapters. Maybe it'll come to me easier the second time through it. Good Luck!!

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #17334
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I keep telling people to watch it. No one listens. It is a sobering warning... If things get to that point, the lizard overlords are welcome to the planet.
I, for one, welcome our lizard overseers.

What? You expected loyalty?

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 01-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #17335
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
That and in 500 years there won't be any more people with blond hair and blue eyes. In fact, most white genetic traits will have been bred out.
You know, I heard something similar when I was in my early twenties, that within fifty years of then there would be no more redheads.

My house has three, two new to the equation since that prediction.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #17336
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post

Not a bit.

*hands Sheep Gold Bond lotion*

You're going to want that when they shear you bald and the scales start to develop from their implanted DNA.

Last edited by LaurieD; 01-23-2013 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #17337
ASC McLaren
Intended for mature audiences

ASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post

Boston, if you are in Boston you have worse then lizard overseers now.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #17338
TedTheewen

I intend to ask the lizard overseers for a job extracting certain people and using my skills to get information out of them. I have my resume all ready to send out, too.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:17 AM   #17339
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieD View Post
You're going to want that when they shear you bald and the scales start to develop from their implanted DNA.
If I get to scale walls and regenerate limbs, I'm completely good with that.

FleasTwits
Old 01-24-2013, 04:18 AM   #17340
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASC McLaren View Post
Boston, if you are in Boston you have worse then lizard overseers now.
No, thank goodness, I have left all that silliness behind me.

And traded it in for the silliness here.

FleasTwits
Old 01-24-2013, 05:00 AM   #17341
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
I started editing and rewrites without my ending getting done. It was the only way that I could bring myself to work on it bc I was stuck on the last few chapters. Maybe it'll come to me easier the second time through it. Good Luck!!
Well, I did that a few times already. I'm at the point now where I kind have to put up or shut up and write a solid ending. Getting there, though. Hopefully this week. *crosses fingers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieD View Post
Not a bit.

*hands Sheep Gold Bond lotion*
Does GB have lactic acid in it? or...urea? I find that the two are KEY for scaly skin.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #17342
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*peeks in*

*hides in the corner and lurks*

Stained Glass in the Night Blog / Twitter

Among the Stars in Sci Fi/Fantasy SYW
Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #17343
TedTheewen

I finished editing a piece and I need to get it subbed tonight.

*sees Abby lurking and puts his clothes back on....slowly*

Old 01-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #17344
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I finished editing a piece and I need to get it subbed tonight.
Yay!
Quote:
*sees Abby lurking and puts his clothes back on....slowly*
FASTER, TED!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #17345
TedTheewen

I missed you guys. I'm so behind in my stuff I can't believe it. I'm just now catching up. Which is good because I get to work all day tomorrow.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #17346
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*is traumatized*

*rubs her face all over Soapy in hopes it'll wash away*

Ooh, you smell pretty, Soaps.

Stained Glass in the Night Blog / Twitter

Among the Stars in Sci Fi/Fantasy SYW
Old 01-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #17347
TedTheewen

Quote:
*is traumatized*

Hey! I'm not that horrible! I'm USDA Prime!

Old 01-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #17348
soapdish
writing

Quote:
*is traumatized*

Thank you.

Just don't get me in your eyes. I sting.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #17349
TedTheewen

I always get soap in my eyes when I was my hair. Every morning I have red eyes when I get out of the shower.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #17350
soapdish
writing

Quote:
I always get soap in my eyes when I was my hair. Every morning I have red eyes when I get out of the shower.
When did this happen? Is this like a "one time, at band camp" thing? Like, "one time, when I was my hair"?
Closed Thread