Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #15651
TedTheewen
Grand Poobah Unto Thyself

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well, you can, you just can't get caught. It's not self-defense yet. It should be. Or at least thinning out the herd.

TedTheewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #15652
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
How about species self-defense? Or societal self-defense?

Those should be a thing.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
slcboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #15653
TedTheewen

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
How about species self-defense? Or societal self-defense?

Those should be a thing.

This is perfectly true. But you have to wonder why elements of society don't want us to do this. I mean, some folks just need killin' and that's good enough for me.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #15654
ASC McLaren
Intended for mature audiences

ASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTheewen View Post
This is perfectly true. But you have to wonder why elements of society don't want us to do this. I mean, some folks just need killin' and that's good enough for me.
Hmmmmm, reminds me of a bumper sticker that held much truth:

"Stupid kills, but not near enough"
Old 11-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #15655
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASC McLaren View Post
Hmmmmm, reminds me of a bumper sticker that held much truth:

"Stupid kills, but not near enough"
I want one of those.

Blog: http://glitter-n-gore.livejournal.com/
Rhoda Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:27 AM   #15656
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieD View Post
Ted, psst! Ted!

PD wants a driveway full of snow!

From now until March!!

*clear throat*

Heya Pd, how's you?
Hi - missed this. I keep popping in and out of here.

How are you?

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
parumpdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #15657
night-flyer
One cow, two cows, three...

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Speaking of douche bags...

Tonight up at work, a guy driving a car ran a red light and turned right in from of an oncoming Explorer (or a vehicle like that). The Explorer smacked into it shoved it sideways onto the medium and took out a signal light. The guy driving the car proceeded to get out and took off running. His car was smoking and leaking gas (but that's not why he ran). He was drunk.People were afraid to get near the car bc it might've caught on fire or exploded until they noticed that there were children in the back seat. He left three children (one possibly seriously injured) in the car. HE LEFT THEM to burn up or die or whatever! But the man was injured and didn't get too far. Someone spotted him and tackled his ass to the ground and dragged him back to the accident. I hope they lock him away and throw away the key. Stupid bastard. I don't know how wounded the man in the Explorer was or the children, just that one of the kids were slumped over in an odd position and wasn't looking good from what eyewitnesses said.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

night-flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #15658
TedTheewen

Wow...that guy needs a beat-down. I hope he gets it, then looses his kids.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #15659
night-flyer

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
But one customer pointed out that it may not even be his kids...could've been nieces/nephews or something. But yeah, regardless, they were left in a smoking car leaking gas and injured. I don't care if you're smuggling a 100 lbs of coke, you don't just leave the kids.

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #15660
ASC McLaren

ASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of light
I am at a loss for words, except "Douche"
Old 11-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #15661
TedTheewen

we're really getting overrun by douche bags.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #15662
TedTheewen

And it's another day in Funland. I hope everybody wakes up to strong coffee and quiet houses.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #15663
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
As of right now it's quiet. Which equals writing time!

But I need more coffee. Mostly just to occupy my mouth so I don't start snacking. Just wolfed down toast with cheese on it and I suddenly want, like, five more.
soapdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #15664
TedTheewen

I've never wanted 1 of anything in my entire life.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:53 AM   #15665
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I finally got a real desk and an office today at work. Just getting rid of the junk piled around the card table that's been my desk since April helped immensely (the boss said "pitch it" so out it went). Then I got some help and moved a small desk into what is now a rather large office. Yea!
FOTSGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:20 AM   #15666
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Meh. Must. Write. Faster.

Why it so hard some days and so easy on others? Stupid muse...

Old 11-17-2012, 04:20 AM   #15667
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

170 Horror Movies in 3 and a Half Minutes

Courtesy of one of my fellow sweet tooth's on my LJ horror community. Warning: Extra-bloody and NSFW.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #15668
night-flyer

I always like my vids with extra bloody on the side...

Congrats on the desk and office, Greg!

Quote:

Old 11-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #15669
TedTheewen

Congrats on the desk, Greg! When do you get a secretary?

Old 11-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #15670
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

And a nameplate--my nameplate always made me feel important. (Dad had it made for me, heh.)

Old 11-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #15671
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ted, the HR lady suggested a couple weeks ago that I ask for an intern to help out. Honestly, I'm considering it because I am swamped (and was informed on Friday that the directive is now that each area manager (shipping/assembly/machine shop) now has a "mandate" to give me at least 1 task to get done every day).

Can we say "snowed under"? Why, yes. Yes, we can.
FOTSGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:38 AM   #15672
TedTheewen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOTSGreg View Post
Ted, the HR lady suggested a couple weeks ago that I ask for an intern to help out. Honestly, I'm considering it because I am swamped (and was informed on Friday that the directive is now that each area manager (shipping/assembly/machine shop) now has a "mandate" to give me at least 1 task to get done every day).

Can we say "snowed under"? Why, yes. Yes, we can.
They're keeping you busy, then. And the best part is, they have to and don't have much to say about it, just do it? Nice.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #15673
TedTheewen

*hooks thread up to lightning rods*

Igor! A storm is coming! We need to breathe life into this thread!

Old 11-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #15674
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yesss, master!
CDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #15675
ASC McLaren

moans from table