Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Music and Songwriting
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 01:47 AM   #8351
TheKoB
Smooth Operator

TheKoB is on a distinguished road
Roots Manuva - Witness the Fitness
...to satisfy your need for a juicy beat.
TheKoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:24 AM   #8352
Gil Paul
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Gil Paul is on a distinguished road
Album name: The Golden Record
Band: Little Scream

Awesome song - Red Hunting Jacket
but the entire album is great.
Gil Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:28 AM   #8353
WillSauger
The Crazy Man in the Sun. Feel me.

WillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oscallation by The Men

Editing an action scene, nothing better for it.

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn" -- Alvin Toffler.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
WillSauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:08 AM   #8354
Gil Paul
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Gil Paul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSauger View Post
Oscallation by The Men
For sure some action... it takes guts to lay down a track that is well over 7 minutes long and that does not intro any vocal until 5 minutes in!

Made me bounce. Thats good. Going to listen to the rest of this album for sure.
Gil Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:12 AM   #8355
WillSauger

WillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Paul View Post
For sure some action... it takes guts to lay down a track that is well over 7 minutes long and that does not intro any vocal until 5 minutes in!

Made me bounce. Thats good. Going to listen to the rest of this album for sure.
Try Cloud Nothing's Attack of Memory too.

The Men's Open Your Heart was pretty clean. I'm listening to their older stuff from a couple years back, and it's just dirty, bad production, sound and frequency tearing and absolutely a mess... and good. Very good.

Grave Desecration by The Men.

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn" -- Alvin Toffler.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #8356
DarkSongofErrin
practical experience, FTW

DarkSongofErrin is on a distinguished road
Heaven beside you - Alice in chains
Old 11-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #8357
druid12000
You're out of your tree...

Location: The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans...
druid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To - Weezer
" My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement." ~ from 'Joe vs the Volcano'
druid12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #8358
Foley
ever decreasing circles

Foley is a shiny, shiny jewelFoley is a shiny, shiny jewel
Alt-J (∆) - Dissolve Me
Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #8359
druid12000

druid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
Sooo infectious...
" My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement." ~ from 'Joe vs the Volcano'
Old 11-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #8360
Foley
ever decreasing circles

nice, D. Love da vid for dat WS track.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #8361
druid12000

6th Avenue Heartache - The Wallflowers\
I may get flack for this but Jacob has his father's heart but a much better voice.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #8362
Foley
ever decreasing circles

in-ter-esting, slightly derivative vid, but that's ok. Are you reccing The Wallflowers then? I've heard good things about Tempest too, but I just haven't had time to sit down and listen to it yet.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #8363
druid12000

Jacob Dylan has some really good things to say, maybe not as well as his dad, but his physical voice is much better

Eulogy - Tool
Old 11-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #8364
Foley
ever decreasing circles

Aaron Neville - With God On Our Side
Old 11-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #8365
Chris P
Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred

Chris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Space age love song - A Flock of Seagulls

So much like I Ran (So Far Away), but it's not.

Click here to see a video of my two years in Uganda with the Peace Corps

Resingled Needs another round of betas. Interested?
Nyasaland Undergoing major repairs.
WIP: Cloak of Iron. WWI Sci-fi. It's got tanks. And holograms. 43,000 words.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #8366
thebloodfiend
Cory

thebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by druid12000 View Post
Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
Sooo infectious...
I love that song. In fact, I love almost everything by the white stripes.

I was listening to The XX -- Intro, but I can't get Young Money's bedrock out of my head. I hate that song so much.
thebloodfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #8367
Chris P
Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred

Chris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
James Taylor - Fire and Rain

The recent resurgence of singer/songwriter artists is wonderful! But it's also good to hear the ones who showed them how it's done.

Click here to see a video of my two years in Uganda with the Peace Corps

Resingled Needs another round of betas. Interested?
Nyasaland Undergoing major repairs.
WIP: Cloak of Iron. WWI Sci-fi. It's got tanks. And holograms. 43,000 words.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #8368
WillSauger

by Sigur Ros

Old 11-18-2012, 02:09 AM   #8369
Kitty27
So Goth That I Was Born Black
AW Moderator

Kitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Chinatown Theme from Vampire The Masquerade Original Soundtrack.

Gah,I used to play this game like an out of control fiend!

NIGHT CALLS(Finally have a title! )YA Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy Novel,Coming 2014.
Vampire Writer 4 life and don't GAF.

"You've got to stop with this rap crap,Kitty. Put on some blues,gal! Feel that pain,soul and a good old time. Get with some Howling Wolf,Denise LaSalle and Johnny Taylor. Not that Snoopy boy or whatever his name is."
RC Wilcox,RIP

Kitty27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:13 AM   #8370
WillSauger

The Horror by RJD2

I picked up this CD from a book exchange (think like a library with no check out), and listened to it on the way to high school (sophomore year) and ever since, I love instrumental hip-hop.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:24 AM   #8371
druid12000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P View Post
James Taylor - Fire and Rain

The recent resurgence of singer/songwriter artists is wonderful! But it's also good to hear the ones who showed them how it's done.
Yes.

What's Up - 4 Non Blondes
Old 11-18-2012, 02:50 AM   #8372
Kitty27
So Goth That I Was Born Black
AW Moderator

Kitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Construction Of The Underworld By The Synthetic Dream Foundation.

I love their music.

NIGHT CALLS(Finally have a title! )YA Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy Novel,Coming 2014.
Vampire Writer 4 life and don't GAF.

"You've got to stop with this rap crap,Kitty. Put on some blues,gal! Feel that pain,soul and a good old time. Get with some Howling Wolf,Denise LaSalle and Johnny Taylor. Not that Snoopy boy or whatever his name is."
RC Wilcox,RIP

Kitty27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:52 AM   #8373
WillSauger

Bad Ritual by Timber Timbre

This is dark, creepy, fun and just oddly soothing. It's damn fun copying his voice.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:02 AM   #8374
druid12000

One Headlight - The Wallflowers

Hits home on many levels.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:41 AM   #8375
WillSauger

Unhidden Track: A Quarter Past Wonderful by Oren Lavie

God I love this album. Too bad he has NO PLANS to put out another album. I have found no other albums to mix such jazzy vocals with neo-classical pop oriented melodies.