Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > From Other Forums and Message Boards
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
MorganMarshall
I keep my head firmly in the clouds

MorganMarshall is well-respected
WeBook?

Since it crashed a few months ago, I know a lot of writers bailed (and for good reason), though it's back up now. Whatever. I'm just wondering who's here from there, or used to be a regular part of it? What was it like, before its apocalypse?

WIP:
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
MorganMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
ActuallyLiam
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

ActuallyLiam is on a distinguished road
What is WeBook? Can you tell I wasn't a part of it?
ActuallyLiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
MorganMarshall

LOL It's here: http://www.webook.com/home

WIP:
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Old 11-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
ActuallyLiam

ActuallyLiam is on a distinguished road
Oh that is a really cool resource for writers. If it pans out
ActuallyLiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:30 AM   #5
MorganMarshall

Exactly. It's such a great idea, but it's so slow there. I was just wondering if anyone is planning on going back / going there for the first time.

WIP:
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Old 11-09-2012, 03:27 AM   #6
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuallyLiam View Post
Oh that is a really cool resource for writers. If it pans out
It's a display site.

They're so common that people call them YADS Yet Another Display Site.

http://accrispin.blogspot.com/2006/0...s-writers.html

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:34 AM   #7
MorganMarshall

Okay... so for those of us not in the know, what is a display site, exactly?

WIP:
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Old 11-09-2012, 04:20 AM   #8
Medievalist
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganMarshall View Post
Okay... so for those of us not in the know, what is a display site, exactly?
You could, like, click the link. The one I already provided.

Here:

http://accrispin.blogspot.com/2006/0...s-writers.html

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
Old 11-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #9
MorganMarshall

Oh, yes. I apologize. It looked like part of your signature, so I didn't see it. Thank you.

WIP:
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Old 11-26-2012, 03:00 AM   #10
TrixieBelden
Girl Detective!

TrixieBelden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganMarshall View Post
Oh, yes. I apologize. It looked like part of your signature, so I didn't see it. Thank you.
It does look like part of that huge signature paragraph. Not easily discernible. (You aren't the only one. Sorry you got snapped at.)

The Woman Condemned - a first-hand account of America's death row women.

KellyBanaski.com - author website.
TrixieBelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:03 AM   #11
Medievalist
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixieBelden View Post
It does look like part of that huge signature paragraph. Not easily discernible. (You aren't the only one. Sorry you got snapped at.)

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #12
Old Hack
crazy mean
SuperModerator

Old Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hand me some of that popcorn, will you, Medie? I'll need it to get through your mahoosive signature paragraph (which is actually several paragraphs, I note. Pedant that I am).
Old Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #13
Medievalist
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hack View Post
Hand me some of that popcorn, will you, Medie? I'll need it to get through your mahoosive signature paragraph (which is actually several paragraphs, I note. Pedant that I am).
Technically, they're text blocks since a paragraph implies an ordered structure of sentences, but whatevs . . . .

Can I offer you some more ? Maybe a : ?

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
Old 11-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #14
Old Hack
crazy mean
SuperModerator

Old Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I so love it when you out-pedant me, Medie. You do it so well.

I'll have two boxes of popcorn and one pinata, please. I'd prefer my pinata to have the correct accents over it, but don't know how to do it on AW. There is pedant-distress in abundance here.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #15
Medievalist
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hack View Post
I so love it when you out-pedant me, Medie. You do it so well.

I'll have two boxes of popcorn and one pinata, please. I'd prefer my pinata to have the correct accents over it, but don't know how to do it on AW. There is pedant-distress in abundance here.
Piņata. But doing it that way won't trigger the emoticon/smilie . . .

Or this one:

:

Mind, now I'm wondering if I should add a second instance of the graphic to the database, and associate it with the tilde version . . .

Or maybe, just turn off all sigs completely . . . then I wouldn't have to worry about sigs with malware links . . .

It's all so very complicated.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg

Last edited by Medievalist; 11-26-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #16
mccardey
I'm writing. Undistractable.

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
Piņata. B
Mind, now I'm wondering if I should add a second instance of the graphic to the database, and associate it with the tilde version . . .

I have wondered now and then (well, just now aksherly) whether we shouldn't have a hybrid of and - except that the dead horse should be where the pinata is. So it's like flogging a dead pinata.

We could save it for very special occasions.

Last edited by mccardey; 11-26-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: My tilde keeps on falling off. Sorry, Medi.
mccardey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #17
Old Hack
crazy mean
SuperModerator

Hell, yes. I wants me one of those.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #18
Medievalist
SuperModerator

I will keep in mind the request for a dead-horse piņata.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
Old 11-27-2012, 02:15 AM   #19
mccardey
I'm writing. Undistractable.

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
I will keep in mind the request for a dead-horse piņata.
I'd make one myself, except there's the appalling Ignorance thing. Plus the Laziness.
mccardey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:48 AM   #20
cooeedownunder
Grateful for the day

cooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Call me stupid if you like, but what is a Piņata? I know I could google but it's much more fun being told here

Help raise awareness for my missing sister, Tracey, by joining her facebook page - A Missing Person

FACEBOOK Blog Goodreads
------------------------------------

A Woman Transported Kindle

Unforgivable Kindle
cooeedownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:49 AM   #21
cooeedownunder
Grateful for the day

cooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Okay, I've worked it out. I looked really hard at the graphics. I'm not stupid you just need better graphics. Like a Piņata with all the stuffing or lolies flying out of it when it's whacked.

Help raise awareness for my missing sister, Tracey, by joining her facebook page - A Missing Person

FACEBOOK Blog Goodreads
------------------------------------

A Woman Transported Kindle

Unforgivable Kindle
cooeedownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #22
James M M Baldwin
Caught Somewhere in Time

James M M Baldwin is on a distinguished road
Webook has really gone off the grid for now. Ever since Hurricane Sandy they've fallen off the the face of the Earth. Any rumors out there?
James M M Baldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #23
bexcreativedreamer

bexcreativedreamer is on a distinguished road
How does it compare to say uploading a story as an ebook on amazon?
bexcreativedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #24
Old Hack
crazy mean
SuperModerator

You can sell your work on Amazon; using WEBook is free, as far as I can tell.

Your work is just as likely to sink without trace on Amazon as it will on WEBook, but Amazon has one major advantage: people know about Amazon.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:21 AM   #25
horsedragon

horsedragon is on a distinguished road
The site looks interesting and seems to have or have had a lot of activity. I've signed up (after reading quite a detailed agreement page... yowsa,) and will give it a bash!