Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Freelance & Work for Hire > Greeting Cards, Bumper Stickers, and Fun Stuff
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
TroyJackson
practical experience, FTW

TroyJackson is on a distinguished road
"Local Author" stickers

My upcoming book, The Elementals, will hopefully be out by the end of the year. I was thinking of maybe going with some "local author" stickers for it and dropping off a copy at the local library and other places. Does anyone find this useful? Waste of time/money?
TroyJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
Cabria
AW Moderator

Cabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi Troy,

You might want to post your question elsewhere (as this is the Greeting Card Forum). Perhaps under "Discussion" or "General Writing Interest" where there are other sub-forums that might direct you better.

The key to happiness is to compare yourself to none.

Absolute Poetry, Volume 1
by the Poets of Absolute Write
Cabria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #3
TroyJackson
practical experience, FTW

TroyJackson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabria View Post
Hi Troy,

You might want to post your question elsewhere (as this is the Greeting Card Forum). Perhaps under "Discussion" or "General Writing Interest" where there are other sub-forums that might direct you better.
Oops, sorry! I must not have read it right... :p
TroyJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:28 AM   #4
Cabria
AW Moderator

Cabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Not a problem! Just wouldn't want to see your question go unanswered.

The key to happiness is to compare yourself to none.

Absolute Poetry, Volume 1
by the Poets of Absolute Write
Cabria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:42 AM   #5
Carlene
New kid, be gentle!

Carlene is a shiny, shiny jewelCarlene is a shiny, shiny jewel
I wouldn't "drop off a copy" at the library - I'd sell them one! I've sold five of my published novels to all the local libraries here - and yes, I have a local author sticker and have signed them.

Carlene
Old 11-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #6
PortableHal
Not-so-new

PortableHal has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlene View Post
I wouldn't "drop off a copy" at the library - I'd sell them one! I've sold five of my published novels to all the local libraries here - and yes, I have a local author sticker and have signed them.

Carlene
Congratulations, Carlene! My wife and I attempted to donate our MG mystery, Something Wicked, to the local library and it took them months before it was approved for the bookshelves. Maybe we should have sold them a copy.

But there is good news. Shortly after the book finally hit the shelves, we received a fan letter from a local reader. One step at a time....
Old 11-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
Vaulted
Must try harder.

Vaulted is on a distinguished road
I haven't heard of "local author" stickers before, but I think they'd be a good way to get readers to pick up the book.
Vaulted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern ItŠ

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaulted View Post

... I think they'd be a good way to get readers to pick up the book.
I agree and Congratz!!!

DON'T FORGET TO SEND A DONATION TO AW FOR CHRISTMAS!!!
Lavern08 is offline   Reply With Quote