Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > FAQs
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
WeaselFire
Benefactor Member

WeaselFire leaves trails of profuse coolnessWeaselFire leaves trails of profuse coolnessWeaselFire leaves trails of profuse coolnessWeaselFire leaves trails of profuse coolnessWeaselFire leaves trails of profuse coolness
Voluntary Subscription Levels

Is there a difference between level 1 and level 2, other than the amount? It's not explained well when signing up for one to support AW.

Thanks,

Jeff
WeaselFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The FAQ: AW Voluntary Subscriptions in in this very thread where you asked the question does explain that there is no difference other than the amount.

(Why do I labor for WEEKS writing emotionally moving FAQs that no one reads? My art is wasted!)

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
mccardey
I'm writing. Undistractable.

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Everyone's a critic, aren't they?
mccardey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What's an FAQ?

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts
jvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
mccardey

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My second thoughts are always the ones I should listen to.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
Medievalist
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccardey View Post
Oh, faq!

ETA: I just know I'm going to delete this post. My second thoughts are always the ones I should listen to.
Made me laugh:

Were I less mature and professional person, I'd suggest you faq off . . .

But I'm better than that.

[cough]

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
Old 10-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Oh, faq!

ETA: I just know I'm going to delete this post. My second thoughts are always the ones I should listen to.
I'm too exhausted after my first thought to have a second one.

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #8
Medievalist
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvc View Post
What's an FAQ?
How's that avatar working for you?

I reckon I could find a nice ginger kittycat for you . . .

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
Old 10-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #9
Medievalist
SuperModerator

Quote:
Everyone's a critic, aren't they?
I suffer for my art.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
Old 10-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #10
mccardey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
Made me laugh:

Were I less mature and professional person, I'd suggest you faq off . . .

But I'm better than that.

[cough]
Oh, fa - bother!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #11
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

Quote:
How's that avatar working for you?

I reckon I could find a nice ginger kittycat for you . . .
Holy faq.

*Runs for the faqing hills*

Old 10-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #12
WeaselFire
Benefactor Member

WeaselFire leaves trails of profuse coolnessWeaselFire leaves trails of profuse coolnessWeaselFire leaves trails of profuse coolnessWeaselFire leaves trails of profuse coolnessWeaselFire leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
The FAQ: AW Voluntary Subscriptions in in this very thread where you asked the question does explain that there is no difference other than the amount.

(Why do I labor for WEEKS writing emotionally moving FAQs that no one reads? My art is wasted!)
So I can use the search functions here and find nothing related to the voluntary subscriptions?

Had about 800,000 responses related to subscribing/unsubscribing from posts and a few dozen about the best magazines to subscribe to. Not your fault.

Thanks for pointing out the FAQ.

Jeff
WeaselFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #13
alleycat
I love to go down to the sea . . .
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I love them!

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #14
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaselFire View Post
So I can use the search functions here and find nothing related to the voluntary subscriptions?

Had about 800,000 responses related to subscribing/unsubscribing from posts and a few dozen about the best magazines to subscribe to. Not your fault.

Jeff
I typed 'voluntary subscriptions' into the search box at the top of the forum and it came up with the FAQ thread mentioned above, as well as this thread also located in the FAQ forum. So the search box does work.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #15
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I love them!
Suck up.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #16
alleycat
I love to go down to the sea . . .
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
<- Future sparkling pink kitty.

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #17
Medievalist
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaselFire View Post

Jeff
How very odd.

Since I get it in the first three hits. And when I use Google it's the first hit.

And the index setting for the AW search privileges posts in this forum.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
Old 10-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #18
Filigree
Mildly Disturbing

Filigree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks for reminding me - as soon as I'm gainfully full-time employed, I must tithe. I owe you all.

Fueled by hope and coffee.
Filigree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:48 PM   #19
juniper
Always curious.

juniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yes - thanks for the reminder. I had to look for the link to pay - it's in your User CP, at the very bottom under 'Miscellaneous', if anyone else needs to find it.

“Inspiration is for amateurs — the rest of us just show up and get to work.” Artist Chuck Close

"For all my dreams, I am what I do." --David K. Reynolds, Constructive Living guru

blogging (sporadically) at http://www.katjuniper.blogspot.com, tweeting (sometimes) as @KatJuniper
juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #20
Medievalist
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
Yes - thanks for the reminder. I had to look for the link to pay - it's in your User CP, at the very bottom under 'Miscellaneous', if anyone else needs to find it.
There's also a Paypal donate button at the bottom of every page.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
Old 10-31-2012, 12:03 AM   #21
veinglory
volitare nequeo
AW Moderator

veinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
There is a third option where you send me the money and I buy Poptarts
Old 10-31-2012, 02:08 AM   #22
Medievalist
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by veinglory View Post
Do you recommend any particular variety?

It's been a while . . .

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
Old 10-31-2012, 02:26 AM   #23
veinglory
volitare nequeo
AW Moderator

veinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I get unfrosted brown sugar, squish it into ice cream and top with caramel. Because you can't have to many forms of sugar in a desert.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:10 AM   #24
juniper
Always curious.

juniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjuniper is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by veinglory View Post
Well, I wish I'd known about that! Do you ship to the west coast USA?

“Inspiration is for amateurs — the rest of us just show up and get to work.” Artist Chuck Close

"For all my dreams, I am what I do." --David K. Reynolds, Constructive Living guru

blogging (sporadically) at http://www.katjuniper.blogspot.com, tweeting (sometimes) as @KatJuniper
juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #25
mrsmig
Write. Write. Writey Write Write.

mrsmig has a golden reputationmrsmig has a golden reputationmrsmig has a golden reputationmrsmig has a golden reputationmrsmig has a golden reputationmrsmig has a golden reputation
Merry Christmas, AW!

I have been using this site for nearly a year now and have found it to be incredibly useful and informative. I appreciate the fair and friendly attitudes of the mods and the generosity of the site's community in sharing knowledge and opinions.

So - I've made a voluntary donation. It's not much, but it comes from the heart. Maybe others will see this and do the same.

Thanks, AW. Long may you wave.

My Website:
www.donnamigliaccio.com

mrsmig is offline   Reply With Quote