Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW History; Questions and Discussion > Remembrances
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
Teacake
Crawling the walls

Teacake is on a distinguished road
Maeve Binchy has passed away - RIP

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but thought I would share - Irish writer Maeve Binchy has died at 72, after a short illness. RIP.

Link to newspaper article.

Blog
Tumblr
Twitter
Pinterest

Teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Stacia Kane
Girl Detective
AW Moderator

Stacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So sad about this. I really loved her books.

WRONG WAYS DOWN available now!

"...in Wrong Ways Down, Kane masterfully peels back layers unseen through Chess' point of view. Through Terrible's eyes, Kane walks readers on a thin line, riding the rough and yet poetic cadence of how he speaks and thinks--and in doing so, she reveals a layer to him, Chess and the underbelly of his world not seen before."

--Lauren Dane, NYT & USA TODAY bestseller
Stacia Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
regdog
Hey, check me out
AW Moderator

Location: I'm a velociraptor on a bike, your argument is invalid
regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Me too

My Blog-The Character Assassination of Starscream

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
CQuinlan
practical experience, FTW

CQuinlan has a spectacular aura
I saw it last night on Twitter. It's so sad.

My Blog
CQuinlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
kellion92
A cat may not look at a king

kellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
A sad loss.
kellion92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
Alpha Echo
The Future is Bright

Alpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh, wow. That makes me so sad. I loved her books as well. Well, I guess I still love them, but it's sad to think there will be no more new stories by her.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible"
T.H Lawrence

Alpha Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
LJD

LJD has earned our admirationLJD has earned our admirationLJD has earned our admirationLJD has earned our admiration

I enjoyed Circle of Friends.
LJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
seaaircarol
Whose Idea Was This?

seaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh, no! So sorry to hear this.

Storybook Love: A romance novella set at a storybook park.

Something Old, Something New: A short romance set at a storybook park.

www.carolayer.com
seaaircarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #9
Devil Ledbetter
Come on you stranger, you legend,

Devil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I shall cry into some red woolen mittens.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
Creative_Solitude
All the world's a stage...

Creative_Solitude is well-respected
I was sad to hear this as well. I enjoyed reading her books. I loved Tara Road and The Glass Lake. RIP

Volume Two of The Edgehill Series, coming May 2013
Twitter: @sherilynbanks2
Creative_Solitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:58 AM   #11
raintree
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

raintree is on a distinguished road
I just found out a week or so ago. I am saddened. I have been a big fan since the "Light a Penny Candle" days.
raintree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #12
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
May she R.I.P.
Susie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #13
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

Manuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I liked the movie of Circle of Friends. Now I want to read her books. It's a pretty good life, if so many people are sad to see you go.

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby
Manuel Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #14
stormie
storm central

stormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I began reading her books with The Copper Beech. Then went on to Circle of Friends. Great slice of life books, esp. her early ones. Loved Evening Shade the best.

An Interview

BLOG BLOG BLOG
stormie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:41 AM   #15
Write_Askew

Write_Askew is well-respected
Oh my gosh. I hadn't heard about this. She's a legend in my household. Wow.

May she find much peace...
Write_Askew is offline   Reply With Quote