Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW's IRC Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 03:14 AM   #1
-SAN.
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

-SAN. is on a distinguished road
Making font size larger

I see there's no way to make the chat font larger...I can't read that tiny font for longer than a couple of minutes, so I guess there will be no chat for me, sigh.
-SAN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:22 AM   #2
JMC2009
Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
AW Moderator

JMC2009 is a candidate for sainthoodJMC2009 is a candidate for sainthoodJMC2009 is a candidate for sainthoodJMC2009 is a candidate for sainthoodJMC2009 is a candidate for sainthoodJMC2009 is a candidate for sainthoodJMC2009 is a candidate for sainthoodJMC2009 is a candidate for sainthood
-SAN, what program are you trying to use to access chat?

<zanzjan> JMC is made of awesome

*preens*

Quote:
AbbielleRose: Everyone, do welcome our new queen,

QUEEN JMC!

SLCBoston: Um, who??

Have you chatted lately? Come join the fun! http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=178738
JMC2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:27 AM   #3
dpaterso
No one of consequence!
SuperModerator

dpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Check out the FAQ thread which lists alternative IRC clients. I think you're using javachat? Which has limited options.

-Derek
Now available from Eggplant Literary Productions
“Vampyres! All I'd heard about since I'd arrived in this
damned city was vampyres!”
dpaterso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:30 AM   #4
JMC2009
Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
AW Moderator

JMC2009 is a candidate for sainthoodJMC2009 is a candidate for sainthoodJMC2009 is a candidate for sainthoodJMC2009 is a candidate for sainthoodJMC2009 is a candidate for sainthoodJMC2009 is a candidate for sainthoodJMC2009 is a candidate for sainthoodJMC2009 is a candidate for sainthood
I use mIRC, which has the option of changing the font.

View (yes, weird place for it) > Font. The default system font only has one option, but there's several different options for the style.

<zanzjan> JMC is made of awesome

*preens*

Quote:
AbbielleRose: Everyone, do welcome our new queen,

QUEEN JMC!

SLCBoston: Um, who??

Have you chatted lately? Come join the fun! http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=178738
JMC2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
zanzjan
still on my first cup of tea
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I use Chatzilla, and the option is under View -> Font Family & Size -> Make Font Bigger (or alternately, Make Font Smaller)

Ctrl+ is the shortcut (or Ctrl-)

"Shh. Listen to the sounds that surround you. Notice the pitches, the volume, the timbre, the many lines of counterpoint. As light taught Monet to paint, the earth may be teaching you music." -- Pete Seeger
zanzjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
benjj
practical experience, FTW

benjj is on a distinguished road
"Make text larger
Change the size of text and images

Zoom increases or decreases the size of everything on a webpage, including text and images. To change or reset the amount a webpage is zoomed in or out, use these keyboard shortcuts:

Zoom in: Ctrl + (Plus Sign) or scroll mouse wheel up
Zoom out: Ctrl – (Minus Sign) or scroll mouse wheel down
Reset page size to 100%: Ctrl+0 (Zero)"
benjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #7
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjj View Post
"Make text larger
Change the size of text and images

Zoom increases or decreases the size of everything on a webpage, including text and images. To change or reset the amount a webpage is zoomed in or out, use these keyboard shortcuts:

Zoom in: Ctrl + (Plus Sign) or scroll mouse wheel up
Zoom out: Ctrl – (Minus Sign) or scroll mouse wheel down
Reset page size to 100%: Ctrl+0 (Zero)"
That's true but the data in question isn't being served by the browser; it's being served by a Java applet, so that's not going to work on the Chat text.

But it was a kind thought.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote