XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If I ever go insane (a distinct possibility)

As I frequently tell my students, I think you have a verb tense problem there.

We're all mad here, after all.

chat-rose.gif

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Darn you guys! After yesterday's talk of gravity I suddenly want to set the new WIP in space.

Something tells me that doing this before I've upgraded my abysmal high school sciences marks from 3 years ago is a bad idea, but...

Everyone else has that demonic little voice in their ear going, "Do it anyway, moron!" too, right?

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
My father informs me that the only reason babies look so cute is so you don't murder them before they're five. :p Apparently ages 5 -10 are golden, and then the teenage years are hell.

Your father is right, unfortunately.

Somehow I got tagged on a Twitter conversation where I disagree with everything the people are saying. Really quite painful. Particularly as they make assumptions about YA authors, their deals, etc. It

Eww. I'm glad I don't get looped in on "political" topics. Just food and cannibalism (two separate things).

Also--I've written more words of non-fiction than fiction in the last week and a half.

Can I still hang out here?

But of course. But you're on probation. We're WATCHING YOU.

So, for those who have been pinging me or asked to be updated, my assistant's father hasn't been recovered and is presumed dead. It's quite tragic, but it's amazing how cohesive this office is when something happens to one of our peeps...just with I hadn't had to discover it this way.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone else has that demonic little voice in their ear going, "Do it anyway, moron!" too, right?
I certainly do. It's not particularly little though. Less a small demonic voice and more a great hulking Shoggoth clinging to my shoulder yelling "Do as I command!" in the voice of Megatron.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
So, for those who have been pinging me or asked to be updated, my assistant's father hasn't been recovered and is presumed dead.

:( I hope the search is continuing. People can survive amazing things, so there is still, however slim, the possibility that things will resolve with a better outcome.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
On a brighter note, the warmup last night at my Krav Maga class involved escaping/avoiding a (fake) zombie horde. Very fun and slightly unnerving.

Eww. I'm glad I don't get looped in on "political" topics. Just food and cannibalism (two separate things).

Somehow my VBC post on cliffhangers took people on a tangent.

I'm sure, if you tried hard enough, you'd get looped into the food + cannibalism conversation.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
So, for those who have been pinging me or asked to be updated, my assistant's father hasn't been recovered and is presumed dead. It's quite tragic, but it's amazing how cohesive this office is when something happens to one of our peeps...just with I hadn't had to discover it this way.

I sincerely hope they continue the search. Regardless, :Hug2: :Hug2: and more :Hug2:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
:( I hope the search is continuing. People can survive amazing things, so there is still, however slim, the possibility that things will resolve with a better outcome.

They thermally imaged the mountain. There's nothing alive out there but wildlife.

The local community is continuing the search, but the memorial service is Friday.

On a brighter note, the warmup last night at my Krav Maga class involved escaping/avoiding a (fake) zombie horde. Very fun and slightly unnerving.

This is officially the Best Class Evah!

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com

That's your muse or her drunken half-sister. One of these things

My sympathies to your assistant.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
So I just ate some biscuits and my heart rate is going slightly mad and I am feeling like I've eaten something with way too much fat in it - that would be the biscuits then. I guess they're not on my 'nice things to eat' list anymore. They were milk chocolate hob-nobs in case you were wondering.

Oh, and if we are counting wordage, all I've done this week and last is blog postage and book reviews. Whatever list we are assembling, you need to put me somewhere near the bottom. I haven't even thought about the July challenge.

Last edited:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Erm, excuse me. Hello :hi:

I'm not sure if you folks can take two lots of excitement in a week - what am I saying...

Just play the fanfare and let's get on with it :partyguy:

Thank you.

The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.