Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #76
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeThatAsItMay View Post
I've got it.

Well then I received no sapm about the writing forums for the time being.

I'll be on guard .

p.s
Are you the admin on this forum?
One of them, yes. Mac owns it.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #77
ronbwrriting
I'm new......be gentle

ronbwrriting is on a distinguished road
Smile Spam

I got the spam message, went to the site and wasn't impressed. Will send you the PM which I received. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:18 AM   #78
Maryn
Unashamed to be on the naughty list
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
(ron, I love your avatar picture.)
Maryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #79
aoliver
Nocturnal Creature

aoliver is on a distinguished road
no spam in my pm folder!
aoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #80
mugwort
practical experience, FTW

mugwort is on a distinguished road
Didn't experience any pm spam for me. PM. private message?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #81
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So... are we officially free of spam, or are people ignoring the request to report instances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
BigWords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #82
Medievalist
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
So... are we officially free of spam, or are people ignoring the request to report instances?
I think you've missed the narrative thread.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
Old 05-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #83
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've seemingly missed rather a lot. Catching up is taking a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
BigWords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:23 AM   #84
Medievalist
SuperModerator

No worries; we'll be here, happy to see you.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
Old 05-30-2012, 02:31 AM   #85
writer_laurie
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

writer_laurie is on a distinguished road
Nope! I haven't gotten any spam!
writer_laurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #86
BillWobbleSword

BillWobbleSword is on a distinguished road
Spam makes me itch. I just changed my privacy settings to keep all evildoers at bay.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #87
LadyV
Tis the Season to Be Sleepy

LadyV is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLadyV is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLadyV is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLadyV is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLadyV is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLadyV is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLadyV is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLadyV is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLadyV is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLadyV is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLadyV is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I haven't gotten anything, but I've also been here all of one day. Maybe I should take a look at my privacy settings before the flood comes.

Current WIP: Violet Dagger - Contemporary Fantasy (outlining)
LadyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #88
Medievalist
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWobbleSword View Post
Spam makes me itch. I just changed my privacy settings to keep all evildoers at bay.
That way, we won't know if someone is spamming. Spamming via PM is a bootable offense.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
Old 06-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #89
BillWobbleSword

BillWobbleSword is on a distinguished road
I am all for a police state in such matters.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #90
Belld
Wont give up!

Belld is on a distinguished road
I'm not getting any spam here.

~Breath, Eat and Live, what you Love and what you Dream.

Merry Lee and the Cursed Grandfather Clock, Available Now.

WIPs:
Adult Thriller ~ 110k ~ Querying
YA Romance Sci-fi ~ 130k, revising
YA Sci-fi ~ Outlined
Unnamed, MG ~ 40k out of 75k ~ Trunked?
Belld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #91
Momof2
figuring it all out

Momof2 is on a distinguished road
Same here. Only 2 PMs and they were from the moderators.
Momof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:27 AM   #92
FMAnderson
Knocking his head against the wall.

FMAnderson is on a distinguished road
Not yet.
FMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:59 PM   #93
BlueCloud
Word Maven

BlueCloud is on a distinguished road
Nope, I'm spam-free. But, until today, I was interpreting "PM spam" as meaning "Publishers' Marketplace spam."

Blog:
http://owlsquill.blogspot.ca/

http://barbaraetlin.com
BlueCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:13 AM   #94
Maryn
Unashamed to be on the naughty list
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That made me laugh, BlueCloud. It's been a day short of laughs, so thanks!
Maryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:36 AM   #95
retropaw
practical experience, FTW

retropaw is on a distinguished road
no spam yet. am I missing out?
Old 10-21-2012, 04:01 AM   #96
Jack Lebowski

Jack Lebowski is on a distinguished road
No spam here yet, but BUMP!
Jack Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #97
wilde is on my side

wilde is on my side is on a distinguished road
No, I haven't recieved any yet. Maybe i'm just lucky.
wilde is on my side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #98
GBin13
figuring it all out

GBin13 is on a distinguished road
Spam-free so far, GB
GBin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #99
toneman
"Laborer novelist"

toneman has a spectacular auratoneman has a spectacular aura
Haven't gotten any spam yet.
toneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #100
SuspiciousCookie
Magnificently Ominous

SuspiciousCookie is a glorious beacon of lightSuspiciousCookie is a glorious beacon of lightSuspiciousCookie is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, I've been spammed by someone called "MacAllister". I just registered and immediately had a private message in my inbox from this person. I just took a quick look and immediately saw a link - obviously some sort of spam advertisement. Ts ts.

(For those without any sense of humor whatsoever - that was a joke.)

@Topic: Is this still relevant or have the spammers finally decided to turn their backs on this forum? Just wondering. Doesn't seem like there were any recent attacks. Since last year, actually. So technically, this thread could be unstickied/archived and if there were still some spammers, it could just be reopened if necessary. Just tryin' to help. (:
SuspiciousCookie is offline   Reply With Quote