Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > AW Writing Lab > Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #3776
Robbert
Practical experience FTW

Robbert should run for PresidentRobbert should run for PresidentRobbert should run for PresidentRobbert should run for PresidentRobbert should run for PresidentRobbert should run for President
5. Could you spare a few dozen, or are they all counterfeit?

Your lovely four-year old son just informed your guests that he feels hungry. He further explains that Mummy has said to Papa, supper will only be served when everyone has left. What do you say to steer yourself out of this mess...?

Last edited by Robbert; 05-29-2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: typo
Robbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:05 AM   #3777
PEBKAC
only knows enough to be dangerous

PEBKAC has a spectacular aura
1. Get out. I'm hungry too.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #3778
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern It©

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
2. You're welcome to join us. We're having liver and onions tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
You haven't lived 'til you've been Laverned!

Kylabelle: Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Lavern08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #3779
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
3. "Quit yo' crazy jibba-jabba, little jimmy!"
Silent Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #3780
Snowstorm
Baby plot bunneh finds a plot hole

Location: Lost in the Wyoming mountains. Don't try to rescue me.
Snowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
4. "Don't practice your maitre d' voice with guests, honey."

Blood Atonement, a historical mystery, and Clear and Convincing Evidence, a contemporary mystery

WIP: Blood Atonement, the screenplay!

Blog Twitter Facebook

Snowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #3781
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
5. Fire up the wood chipper!

Classic films that would have been enriched by the presence of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #3782
Snowstorm

Snowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
1. Mamma Mia!

Blood Atonement, a historical mystery, and Clear and Convincing Evidence, a contemporary mystery

Blog Twitter Facebook

Old 06-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #3783
Williebee
"Assume Good Intentions"
SuperModerator

Williebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
2. The Red Shoes

"There's a Voodoo Game on in the Crescent City. Pray for the Pawns."

Available now where all kinds of cool books are sold.
Kobo Kindle Nook iBook
More stories by Eldon Hughes -- "I Found A Knife"

Read the Newbie Guide.

“You’re inventing your own misery. You’re defining yourself by pettiness. You get 70 years to live and you are enjoying being angry.” -- Russell Howard

"We're writers; we own our words. Please choose them to add light and not just heat."
Williebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #3784
Kaiser-Kun
!

Kaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
3. Citizen Kane
Kaiser-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #3785
Robbert
Practical experience FTW

Robbert should run for PresidentRobbert should run for PresidentRobbert should run for PresidentRobbert should run for PresidentRobbert should run for PresidentRobbert should run for President
4. One flew over the cuckoo's nest.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #3786
Williebee
"Assume Good Intentions"
SuperModerator

Williebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser-Kun View Post
3. Citizen Kane
"I'll be back... for my sled."

As opposed to the Sly Stallone ending:

"Yo' Rosebud."

Kobo Kindle Nook iBook

Read the Newbie Guide.

“You’re inventing your own misery. You’re defining yourself by pettiness. You get 70 years to live and you are enjoying being angry.” -- Russell Howard

"We're writers; we own our words. Please choose them to add light and not just heat."
Old 06-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #3787
iLion
Why do I say these things?

iLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
5. Bambi

How to tell your neighbor that his wife is doing the entire neighborhood.

iLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #3788
Williebee
"Assume Good Intentions"
SuperModerator

(Works whether it is wife or husband.)

1. "Let's go to the videotape!"

Kobo Kindle Nook iBook

Read the Newbie Guide.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #3789
Robbert
Practical experience FTW

2. If you could work from home, you'd get a better feel for what's going on around here.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #3790
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Better feel

3. Check out my team photo!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #3791
Lavern08

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
4. Isn't it remarkable how much your sons look like the mailman and that UPS guy?

Quote:

Kylabelle: Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Old 06-23-2012, 12:40 AM   #3792
Snowstorm

5. Umm, I'm getting really tired of all the cars parked in your driveway. The line's so long, I can't get out!

A "friend" just handed you a puppy during your birthday party. Everyone's oohing and ahhing. You don't want a dog. What do you say?

Blog Twitter Facebook

Old 06-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #3793
Williebee
"Assume Good Intentions"
SuperModerator

1. I shall name him... "YOURS!"

Kobo Kindle Nook iBook

Read the Newbie Guide.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #3794
PEBKAC
only knows enough to be dangerous

PEBKAC has a spectacular aura
2. Oh, thank you. I've never had a puppy. Do they taste better baked or fried?
Old 06-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #3795
Williebee
"Assume Good Intentions"
SuperModerator

3. "Wonder how fast he is? He looks really fast. Let's find out. Can we tie him to your car?"

Kobo Kindle Nook iBook

Read the Newbie Guide.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:23 AM   #3796
Lavern08

4. Oh great! I can use this little tyke for target practice.

Quote:

Old 06-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #3797
Robbert
Practical experience FTW

5. Isn't your cousin in charge of an animal shelter?

Things you don't want to tell your work colleague who has just been fired...
Old 06-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #3798
Williebee
"Assume Good Intentions"
SuperModerator

1. Wow! Your old chair is the best!

So's your office... and your secretary... and...

Kobo Kindle Nook iBook

Read the Newbie Guide.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #3799
Lavern08

2. I printed all of those emails you sent me complaining about what a jerk the boss is.

Quote:

Old 06-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #3800
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

3. I'm never paying you back for that latte you bought me that one time at the leadership conference!