Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 05:33 AM   #7251
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good for Blunt, Jr.! You must be so proud.

Blog: http://glitter-n-gore.livejournal.com/
Old 05-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #7252
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdish View Post
But...we are sending you a girl army. Don't we suck a little less because of that?

<3 You guys are the best. FREE NACHOES TO THE GIRL HOUNDS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntforcetrauma View Post
My eldest son, Zack, graduated today. It was a wonderful commencement followed by an equally nice party hosted by Mrs. Bluntforcetrauma #1. Oh, hello, everyone.
Congrats, Blunt!

Stained Glass in the Night Blog / Twitter

Among the Stars in Sci Fi/Fantasy SYW
Old 05-27-2012, 06:03 AM   #7253
SaraP
Proud to be a Sparklist
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
NACHOES!

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:41 AM   #7254
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey Bos, didja win?

Old 05-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #7255
SaraP
Proud to be a Sparklist
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I wonder which one he is.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 05-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #7256
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

The one in the pink sweater?

Old 05-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #7257
night-flyer
Roasting cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Gah. Y'all suck. I have to work Sat, Sun and Mon. Stoopid holiday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMaresh View Post
I don't get time off this weekend, either. I am feeling a little indentured servantish, today.
No weekend off here either, as a matter of fact, I'm working double the time due to being short handed. I have little time for anything, but work. It sucks big time. It would help if the pay was worth it, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraP View Post
I need to get back into writing. As much as I enjoy my job, it sucks all of my time away.
I know the feeling.

Sorry I haven't been able to do any prompts guys, I can't even find time to blog or be at AW much.

But one day I'll fly, and will either be free or I'll rule the world. For the safety and general well-being of the world let's hope it's the whole free thing that wins out.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #7258
SaraP
Proud to be a Sparklist
AW Moderator

*pokes thread*

Any one around?

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 05-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #7259
BriMaresh
New kid, be gentle!

BriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthood
Nah, we've been here all along. You just can't tell because we are invisible.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:22 AM   #7260
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

*steals Bri's invisibility cloak*

BRI! PUT SOME PANTS ON FOR THE LOVE OF CEILING CAT!

Old 05-28-2012, 01:35 AM   #7261
SaraP
Proud to be a Sparklist
AW Moderator

"For the love of ceiling cat"?

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 05-28-2012, 01:40 AM   #7262
BriMaresh
New kid, be gentle!

BriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthood
But it's summer weather! Shorts and tank tops!

Old 05-28-2012, 02:18 AM   #7263
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraP View Post
"For the love of ceiling cat"?

Old 05-28-2012, 02:25 AM   #7264
SaraP
Proud to be a Sparklist
AW Moderator

Huh.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 05-28-2012, 02:43 AM   #7265
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't understand cats, man... They don't understand me, either.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:00 AM   #7266
BriMaresh
New kid, be gentle!

Joe Hill's twitter feed is getting to me, today. He was tweeting about having worked on a book for three years, and being ready for it to go, but missing it, too.

I don't know why it makes me so sad to think about, but today, it really does.

I need to go kill some dragons. On paper, mind you. Uh. Because in my WIP there is a dragon. And it destroys a town. And it needs to be stopped by a young fangirl in stolen armor.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:51 AM   #7267
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

^That. Sounds. Awesome.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:58 AM   #7268
BriMaresh
New kid, be gentle!

Thank you! I'm really working hard on the voice of the piece. Fortunately, I'm a fangirl so that at least will be fairly authentic.

There's also buried treasure (well, a dragon's hoard), a minor love triangle, and some good old fashion defying authorities / self-empowering. The MC is far from lacking in agency, to say the least. Fangirls - nothing if not highly motivated.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:07 AM   #7269
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
<Helm, thirty degrees positive in the bow planes. Prepare to surface. Thirty degrees positive on bow planes, aye, sir. Preparing to surface. Surface>

I'm here, checking in to read posts on occasion, but generally taking a rest/vacation from posting (aka keeping my stupid mouth shut) and just gerally trying not to be the obnoxious a$$hole I can usually be.

Vacation mostly, though. Went up to Grand Lake and went fishing this weekend - first time I've tried to drown lures in 15 years it seems like (last time was back around 2000 or 2001 for the great California blizzard that shut down I5).

Abby, I'd call an exterminator before those things in the ceiling get out of control.

<Helm, thirty degrees down bubble. Dive, dive, dive. Thirty degrees down bubble, aye, sir.>

Last edited by FOTSGreg; 05-28-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #7270
night-flyer
Roasting cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMaresh View Post
Joe Hill's twitter feed is getting to me, today. He was tweeting about having worked on a book for three years, and being ready for it to go, but missing it, too.

I don't know why it makes me so sad to think about, but today, it really does.

I need to go kill some dragons. On paper, mind you. Uh. Because in my WIP there is a dragon. And it destroys a town. And it needs to be stopped by a young fangirl in stolen armor.

pfft. Like a dragon couldn't take care of a fangirl. :P
Hello, hounds. Good to see you, Greg.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:33 AM   #7271
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*leaves trail of Cheeto fingerprints and Oreo crumbs*

Hello!

Yay Blunt Jr! Congrats!

*Banishes Ceiling Cat*

Spent the better part of Friday and Saturday at Miss Girl's dance recital - she had a great time and did pretty well. Sunday... Sunday... Hmm... Oh yeah! Sunday we did groceries and I napped on the back porch swing, then wrote for a wee bit but am working the day job today. Pllbbt...

*leaves thread, licking fingers*
Old 05-29-2012, 03:58 AM   #7272
SaraP
Proud to be a Sparklist
AW Moderator

Hmmm, Oreos...

<insert drool smilie here but not the one we have so I won't get chastised by a certain sheep>

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 05-29-2012, 04:29 AM   #7273
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sorry, Abby... but-

I so do NOT want kids if they turn into monsters as soon as they figure out the walking and talking stuff. And the washing... Dear god, why must she wear three changes of clothes a day, plus a fresh set of pajamas? Isn't there a rule against that kind of stuff somewhere? I'm just about done with one thing when something else needs taken care of - how am I meant to do anything when I'm spending half an hour wondering how to get crayon marks out of the chairs?

I need alcohol. Pronto. Someone hook me up to an IV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:30 AM   #7274
BriMaresh
New kid, be gentle!

Kids are easy - once you know how to manage them.

The trick is figuring out the kid. They're kinda all different.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:42 AM   #7275
SaraP
Proud to be a Sparklist
AW Moderator

*prepares single malt IV for BW*

(I sure hope that's what you like. )

Having two kids, I can definitely say it doesn't have to happen that way.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Closed Thread