Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
CJ.Wolfe
Close your eyes and jump

CJ.Wolfe is well-respected
Smile Smile, then you'll make people wonder what you're thinking :P

Hi, so I'm new here, obviously since I'm posting here. Just posting to say hi because the guidelines recommend it :P I'm not very good at socializing.
CJ.Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
Nickie
Not too old to learn

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Welcome to the Cooler, CJ!
Nickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Silver-Midnight
"We're all mad here" - Cheshire Cat

Silver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputation
Welcome to AW!!

Twitter
Silver-Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
peydob
Banned

peydob is a glorious beacon of lightpeydob is a glorious beacon of light
You broke the ice

Welcome to AWWC
peydob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
CJ.Wolfe
Close your eyes and jump

CJ.Wolfe is well-respected
Thanks
CJ.Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
peydob
Banned

peydob is a glorious beacon of lightpeydob is a glorious beacon of light
no worries

now hurry up to make 50 posts
peydob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
me-a-monsteR
Bites upon request

me-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to AW . Have fun surfing threads.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
alleycat
Beware.
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome.

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
regdog
Kreon Barricade
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #10
Steely
practical experience, FTW

Steely is on a distinguished road
Welcome! I encourage you to take advantage of all the resources you can! Best of luck!
Steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
enesthi

enesthi is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forum!
enesthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi CJ!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about this software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This handy common acronym list helps for first-time users identify those mystifying abbreviations.

The most helpful Novel thread in all of AW
: here.

*Critiques*

New members should first read the 50 Post rule.

When posting your work in the Share Your Work (SYW) area, this thread addresses many first time questions, while this one covers most common problems. *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Literary & Misfit Writers Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Sadly, the forum moderator is too deep into his scotch tonight to care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
For Kelly, and others seeking soft asylum.
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Tears are peanut & helplessness.
KellyAssauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #14
Tepelus
Local Cemetery Girl

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hello, and welcome! I'm not good at socializing either.

Cast Your Eyes On The Ocean,
Cast Your Soul To The Sea.
When The Dark Night Seems Endless,
Please Remember Me.

My Blog. You know you want to.
My deviantART page. I draw and photograph, too.
Tepelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #15
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome aboard

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
PorterStarrByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #16
Griffin Hayes
One evil little baby step at a time

Griffin Hayes is well-respected
Welcome aboard!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #17
thehairymob
If I had a brain I'd still be dumb

thehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudge
thehairymob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #18
phineas12gauge

phineas12gauge is on a distinguished road
Welcome to AW!
phineas12gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:38 AM   #19
Figuro

Figuro is on a distinguished road
Hi and welcome - give yourself some time and enjoy the experience.

Forgotten (98 000 words) Urban Fantasy - Book 1/3: Editing / Part Rewrite - Target Deadline: TBA
A Long Night (10 000 words) Horror Short Story: Outlined / Started first draft
Figuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:49 AM   #20
Beachgirl
Misbehaving and stuff

Beachgirl leaves trails of profuse coolnessBeachgirl leaves trails of profuse coolnessBeachgirl leaves trails of profuse coolnessBeachgirl leaves trails of profuse coolnessBeachgirl leaves trails of profuse coolness

BookStrand Amazon Blog Twitter AW Library

WIPs by Scarlet Day:
Shifter Sanctuary 2: Reclaimed

WIPs by as-yet-to-be-determined name(s):
Flip Flops Optional (Contemporary Romantic Comedy)
Saltwater Insanity (Satirical Crime Fiction)
Beachgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:55 AM   #21
bluntforcetrauma
Esquire

bluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
welcome

(Ecclesiastes 9:16)
bluntforcetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:20 AM   #22
Jehhillenberg
More like the queen of typos. Oops!

Jehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi and !!

"What's the most resilient parasite? An idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities...transform the world and rewrite all the rules." - Inception

"I don't have delusions of grandeur, I have an actual recipe for grandeur." - Limitless
Jehhillenberg is offline   Reply With Quote