Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #7076
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I think Abby ate them all.

And it's not 1:30 yet. It's only 11:30 here. By 1:30 I better be asleep. Puppy better be asleep.

Or I'm gonna be in a REALLY bad mood.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #7077
night-flyer
Roasting cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh. That explains it, I was thinking my time and that's why I was in awe of your lateness. But 11:30 is still late for you. :P

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #7078
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
CRAP! I fell asleep with him chewing on my foot. Woke up and he's nowhere to be found. I can't have him roaming...

I think I'm officially off for the night.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #7079
night-flyer
Roasting cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

You still have a foot, right?

goodnight Soapy, go catch that critter and get your foot back.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #7080
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdish View Post
CRAP! I fell asleep with him chewing on my foot.
I... Will not make a horrible Marie Prevost joke.

No way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #7081
soapdish
writing

(But seriously, her poor dog! Can you imagine if your person won't wake up? How scary. )

And mine wouldn't have been little bites. Night was right, I'd have lost an extremity.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #7082
soapdish
writing

Little one has just invited me to watch a movie with him. He sold it on "come on, mom, it's terrifying!"

Old 05-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #7083
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Which film? In fairness, a lot of kids films have really scary bits in them - the child catcher always freaked me out...

Quote:
Quote:
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #7084
soapdish
writing

Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman

Old 05-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #7085
BigWords
Geekzilla

Uh...Yeaaaaaah. Those damn chipmunks are horrifying.

Pest control is long overdue.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #7086
soapdish
writing

I know. I think I'm going to ban this movie after this viewing. Their voices are just...

*sigh*

And now someone has decided to make a homemade mummy costume out of an entire roll of toilet paper.

So...this is how the day is going to go...

Old 05-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #7087
BigWords
Geekzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdish View Post
And now someone has decided to make a homemade mummy costume out of an entire roll of toilet paper.
Oooh - to make it waaay cooler: ketchup as blood. yeah. That won't create a mess. Nope.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #7088
parumpdragon
chicken, well its cousin that is

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
ooh, activity...

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 05-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #7089
BigWords
Geekzilla

Hmm. Not so much activity, after all...

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #7090
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
HEY HOUNDS!!!
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 05-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #7091
BigWords
Geekzilla

Hi.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #7092
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
how are you?

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 05-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #7093
slcboston
Just What It Says on the Label

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*zombie stumbles through thread*

grrr... arrgh

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 05-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #7094
amlptj

hey Bos, how are you? Can you make words yet? Or do you need more brains?

*Throws brains at Bos*

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 05-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #7095
BigWords
Geekzilla

Don't ask.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #7096
slcboston

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Definitely need more brains.

And a zombie smiley that isn't doing that shuffle-step thing from Thriller.

ETA: But, since I have it...

FleasTwits

Last edited by slcboston; 05-21-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #7097
soapdish
writing

*hides her brains under bike helmet*

*knocks on it*

There. That should hold, right?

Why are you so zombified today?

Old 05-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #7098
slcboston

Bats. In the walls.

Which is not conducive to sleeping, even when I am 99.9% certain they cannot get in. Especially as my cat tries to chase them through the walls, and I keep waking up to make sure he's not chasing one actually *in* the house.

I'm on about 5 hours of sleep, which I know is a marathon of sleeping for some of the Hounds, but it's a lot shorter than I like to be. Esp with the hour commute.

FleasTwits
Old 05-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #7099
amlptj

sorry Bos! That sucks!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 05-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #7100
slcboston

As soon as I knew the new place had bats, I went over every inch of my walls in closets and crawl spaces, trying to make sure there were no holes or cracks they could get through, but it doesn't take much.

As I know from experience from my last place.

FleasTwits
Closed Thread