Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Goals and Accomplishments
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #76
Siri Kirpal
Swan in Process

Siri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

HURRAY!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Old 05-10-2012, 11:16 PM   #77
Soccer Mom
Crypto-fascist
SuperModerator

Soccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hah! Now that it's official, we shall officially party!

Join us for the Absolute Write-in #AWritein

Marguerite Says...Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

I also Twitter & Facebook

People think I’m disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference ~Luciano Pavarotti
Soccer Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #78
folkchick
Not a new kid

folkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputation
Very exciting! You done good.

The Starlights—gritty young adult (querying)

blog & twitter

folkchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #79
Moon Daughter
practical experience, FTW

Moon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolness
Wow, two book deals. WTG!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #80
Stew21
SuperModerator

Stew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Huge congrats!!! Well done!

My poetry pick of the week (I say that like I pick one every week; I don't) belongs to Kuwisdelu.
Stew21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #81
strawberryblondie
not quite dying

strawberryblondie is a splendid one to beholdstrawberryblondie is a splendid one to beholdstrawberryblondie is a splendid one to behold
Congrats!!!!
strawberryblondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:07 AM   #82
JBuck

JBuck has earned our admirationJBuck has earned our admirationJBuck has earned our admirationJBuck has earned our admiration
Yay! Congrats!!!
JBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:54 AM   #83
thothguard51
A Gentleman of a refined age...

thothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You'll be rolling in sauerkraut in no time. Congrats...

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony
thothguard51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #84
Cathy C
Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Absolute Sage

Cathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
For those who don't suscribe to Publishers Marketplace, a "good" deal means a six figure advance...

Well done!!
Re-release of Thrall series as URBAN FANTASY!
FORBIDDEN, coming 6/15!
My Website
Follow me: Twitter

".Adams and Clamp are adept at incorporating riveting plot twists into this fully imagined world" **Starred Review ALA Booklist

"Great chemistry between the leads and a swift pace. - Publishers Weekly

"An exceedingly intriguing heroine trying to survive a dangerous and complex world. Kate's struggles and choices are both vivid and terrifying. An unbeatably good paranormal!” RT Bookreviews
Cathy C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:25 AM   #85
Lady MacBeth
Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.

Lady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthood
Congratulations!
Lady MacBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:54 AM   #86
benbradley
It's a doggy dog world

benbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
And so now, here is My Official Congratulations! YAY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy C View Post
For those who don't suscribe to Publishers Marketplace, a "good" deal means a six figure advance...

Well done!!
HOLY MOLY!

Goes to check on marination of Earthscraper
benbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #87
Mr. Anonymous
Just a guy with a pen & a delusion

Mr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks so much everyone! A bit of a delayed response, I know, but given that I just finished all my coursework at Vassar AND the book deal is all official and in PW I've decided to break out the vodka.

It'll hit me soon, I'm sure.

Shots all around, I say!

The Paradox of Vertical Flight- Greenwillow
TBA Novel - to be published by Greenwillow
BOOK LAUNCH!! & some thoughts
Mr. Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #88
Filigree
Mildly Disturbing

Filigree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Emil! I saw this on PW this morning. That's *you*? Awesome to the tenth power.

Fueled by hope and coffee.
Filigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #89
Mclesh
It's too hot

Mclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations! I hope you've broken out the good stuff.

Facebook Twitter Website

Check out Grandma Susie's book of love poems on Createspace!

Mr. Katz is a Zombie is now available! Eeep!
Mclesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:57 AM   #90
LJD

LJD leaves trails of profuse coolnessLJD leaves trails of profuse coolnessLJD leaves trails of profuse coolnessLJD leaves trails of profuse coolnessLJD leaves trails of profuse coolness
very exciting!
LJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #91
Mr. Anonymous

Mr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Filigree. Yep. C'est moi (see Mccardey, I could get by in france.) Thanks! Yeah it's pretty crazy.

Mclesh, I've tried. The real question is what is "the good stuff." After 4 years of being a philosophy major I'm still not quite sure.

LJD - yeah. It's really more overwhelming than exciting tbh but I think I've mostly gotten over the overwhelmed part.

It's funny cause you work so long and so hard for a dream. You go through so much rejection. And then all of a sudden you're lucky enough, one of the few people lucky enough to have it come true, and instead of feeling giddy, you kind of feel dumbfounded.

I dunno, maybe I'm just weird but I was actually really stressed out for like a week or two after I heard about the deal with greenwillow. Like, what do I do with myself now?

(in case it's not evident, the vodka has hit. lol.)

Last edited by Mr. Anonymous; 05-11-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #92
Siri Kirpal
Swan in Process

Siri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anonymous View Post
Filigree. Yep. C'est moi (see Mccardey, I could get by in france.) Thanks! Yeah it's pretty crazy.

Mclesh, I've tried. The real question is what is "the good stuff." After 4 years of being a philosophy major I'm still not quite sure.

LJD - yeah. It's really more overwhelming than exciting tbh but I think I've mostly gotten over the overwhelmed part.

It's funny cause you work so long and so hard for a dream. You go through so much rejection. And then all of a sudden you're lucky enough, one of the few people lucky enough to have it come true, and instead of feeling giddy, you kind of feel dumbfounded.

I dunno, maybe I'm just weird but I was actually really stressed out for like a week or two after I heard about the deal with greenwillow. Like, what do I do with myself now?

(in case it's not evident, the vodka has hit. lol.)
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Feeling dumbfounded and stressed by success is normal. Just don't let it stand in the way of future success.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Old 05-12-2012, 03:50 AM   #93
Ken
and friends . . .

Ken is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
... very cool. Congrats :-)
Ken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:47 AM   #94
wheelwriter
Cicchetti and Wine

wheelwriter should run for Presidentwheelwriter should run for Presidentwheelwriter should run for Presidentwheelwriter should run for Presidentwheelwriter should run for Presidentwheelwriter should run for President
Extremely excited for you! Congrats once again.
wheelwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:33 AM   #95
Filigree
Mildly Disturbing

Filigree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's a strange feeling. I remember 16 - 20 years ago, when if this had happened to me,I would be doing cartwheels and gloating in public. Now? It's not so much 'meh' as 'now what?', with the full knowledge that the process is merely on-going. Always one more summit.

I'm still dumbfounded, even after sending blurb, cover art, and payment info forms. I'm almost more wigged-out by having an agent, as I am having a publisher. Esp. since the agent rep is a provisional situation, hinging on whether she likes my big fat epic fantasy.

Mr. Not-so-Anonymous, may you have great sales and amazing reviews!
Watching this play out has been inspirational.

Fueled by hope and coffee.
Filigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #96
Smiley0501
Lurker, now activated. :-)

Smiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for President
Congrats, Emil on all 3: finishing the V@ss, getting into C0lumb!@'s MFA program and the book deal!

I ironically just e-mailed all my VC friends about your deal as I saw it in Publisher's Marketplace.

Of Fragile Things: agented and working on revisions
Repped by Carr1e H0wland of Donadio & Olson

Last edited by Smiley0501; 05-15-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Smiley0501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:17 AM   #97
Guilmond

Guilmond is on a distinguished road
Doing the Happy Dance for you!

Guilmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:42 AM   #98
Mr. Anonymous

Sorry for not answering sooner, guys. End of the year and all.

Siri Kirpal - good advice, thanks. I'll try to keep it in mind.

Ken - Thank you!

Wheelwriter - Unless I'm very much mistaken you were one of those who first encouraged me to keep working on Socrates. It's partially thanks to you that this happened!

Filigree - Thanks so much for your kind words, Filigree. That's exactly how I feel. "Now what" coupled with "Can I deliver" and a dash or three of "Will my next novel measure up to the one that got picked up?"

I think the only way to stay sane is to take things one day at a time, one page at a time.

Smiley - Thanks very much. I'm a bit of a recluse on campus, ha, so your friends probably won't know me, but I really appreciate your enthusiasm.

Guilmond - Thanks! Gotta love those dancing snoopies!

Old 05-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #99
Kats

Kats is a glorious beacon of lightKats is a glorious beacon of light
Very exciting, congratulations! The book sounds great.
Kats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:23 AM   #100
MKrys
Quietly obsessing

MKrys is a shiny, shiny jewelMKrys is a shiny, shiny jewel
CONGRATS!!!! That's so awesome!! (And your book sounds really good!)

Blog

Twitter

Facebook

Website

Goodreads
MKrys is offline   Reply With Quote