Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW History; Questions and Discussion > Remembrances
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #276
kobold
oh gross it's alive

kobold is on a distinguished road
Larissa, thank you for posting. I hope you and your family find comfort somewhere through all this.

My sister has COPD. Believe me, I make the attempt to get her to quit smoking every chance I get.

I did not know your Mom, as I was (and still am) new here, but she certainly made me feel welcome when I arrived.

Vaya con dios.

www.brasiliareview.org

SOUND OF DARKNESS: 110,000 words-- all it needs is an agent

THE SYBARITES: under construction

THE VICTIM: coming soon (heh heh heh)
kobold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:31 AM   #277
Sheila Muirenn
Rebuilding My Brain

Sheila Muirenn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheila Muirenn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheila Muirenn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheila Muirenn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheila Muirenn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheila Muirenn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheila Muirenn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheila Muirenn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheila Muirenn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheila Muirenn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheila Muirenn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
((((Wendy))))

You gave me a reppie hugged in parentheses once.

It's still there.

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3475044

An bheatha shíoraí (Un VA-ha HEER-ee)
Forever. Living
Nighttime. It’s time. Wake. Wake.
Sheila Muirenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #278
triceretops
Super Browser

triceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm seriously crushed by this. Wendy, I love your brightness so much--for over seven years. But I've learned something about my own health through this and I hope I'm not to late. Yep, I have to stop or it's curtains.

tri
triceretops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:10 AM   #279
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

Manuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Somehow I missed this until now. I never talked with Wendy, but always looked for her friendly greeting in every "New Members" thread. She did a lot to make this a good place.

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby
Manuel Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #280
Snowstorm
Snow's here!

Location: Lost in the Wyoming mountains. Don't try to rescue me.
Snowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Larissa, thank you for letting us know about your mom. My sincere condolences. I'm grateful you got to find out about this area of her life, and how much joy she brought to so many people. May sweet memories of her bring you and your family peace.

Blood Atonement, a historical mystery, and Clear and Convincing Evidence, a contemporary mystery

WIP: Blood Atonement, the screenplay!

Blog Twitter Facebook

Snowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:36 AM   #281
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Prayers out to Wendy's family still... s

Praying you are okay, chris. s
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #282
Bartholomew
我的身分還是秘密.

Bartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Whereever you went, I hope you got as wonderful of a welcome there as you gave everyone here.
Bartholomew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #283
Bufty
Let's see what's on special today..

Bufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I find it sad reading these threads. Heartfelt sympathies to Wendy's family.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #284
Ninjas Love Nixon
The robot polls are now opening...

Ninjas Love Nixon has a spectacular auraNinjas Love Nixon has a spectacular aura
The world is worse. Please accept my condolences.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:36 AM   #285
Devil Ledbetter
Come on you stranger, you legend,

Devil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDevil Ledbetter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My condolences to Larissa and the entire AW community. We've lost a great one.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #286
C. K. Casner
is a twisted individual

C. K. Casner is well-respected
Good journey, sweetheart. You are missed.
C. K. Casner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #287
mrsvalkyrie
Hounds of Justice

mrsvalkyrie has a spectacular aura
I talked to her on a couple threads since I've been here. She was an absolute doll. She will be greatly missed.

Condolences to her family.

The Perfect Soldier - Complete. Editing.

Afterlife Redemption (working title; formerly Realm of Fear): 47,500/80,000 -- ON HOLD
mrsvalkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:57 AM   #288
batgirl
Writting broad

batgirl has earned our admirationbatgirl has earned our admirationbatgirl has earned our admirationbatgirl has earned our admiration
So very sorry to hear this. A warm and welcoming light has gone out on this side of the sky.

-Barbara

batgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #289
Isabella Amaris
practical experience, FTW

Isabella Amaris is on a distinguished road
I'm so sorry to hear this. I didn't really get to know Wendy, but whenever I came across her posts welcoming newbies, they were always filled with such warmth and goodwill that AW seemed a brighter place than ever... My condolences to her family.
Isabella Amaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:09 AM   #290
shaldna
The cake is a lie. But still cake.

shaldna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshaldna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshaldna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshaldna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshaldna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshaldna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshaldna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshaldna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshaldna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshaldna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshaldna is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I can't believe I only saw this today.

So, so, so sad. Wendy was a great asset to this place and will be sorely missed by all.

I hope she finds the peace she deserves. She made a lot of people feel welcome.

Yes, I read Twilight. Yes, I hate it. No, I don't have to give you a reason why.

shaldna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #291
Pyekett
Understood.

Pyekett has earned our admirationPyekett has earned our admirationPyekett has earned our admirationPyekett has earned our admiration
I read the original message in a semi-private area of the site, and I wasn't sure if it was meant to be totally private.

My condolences to her family and friends. Such sadness.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #292
Simran
India girl

Simran has a spectacular auraSimran has a spectacular aura
Unhappy

Larissa,

I haven't been here for some time so I missed sending thoughts to your mom during this most difficult time in her life. I would however like to send my thoughts, prayers and belated condolences to you and your family. Your mom will be sorely missed.

dil se ("From the Heart" in Hindi)
Simi
Simran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #293
Robin Bayne
~writes for Him~

Robin Bayne has earned our admirationRobin Bayne has earned our admirationRobin Bayne has earned our admirationRobin Bayne has earned our admiration
Sending prayer and warm fuzzy thoughts.

Robin Bayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #294
Searching

Searching has a spectacular auraSearching has a spectacular aura
CactusWendy was one of the first people I met on the site. I wish her and her family peace in this time.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:57 AM   #295
chrysalnix

chrysalnix is on a distinguished road
I just saw this today. I didn't realize CactusWendy was gone. I'm so sorry and thank you, Larissa, for keeping us informed. God bless your family.
chrysalnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #296
aruna
On a wing and a prayer

aruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh no. Though I posted in the early part of this thread I missed the news of her passing. And though I didn't know her all that well I remember her as a beautiful, light presence on this board, one of those people who are just a part of it and give you the warm fuzzies.

I'm late with my condolences but still, my heart goes out to you, Larissa, and all Wendy's loved ones. She was part of our family too!

Facebook

Now Out Yes it's a linky! USA
On Amazon! Yes, that's a linky too! UK

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"
- Gandhi
aruna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #297
Ctairo
Why Isn't IGNORE Available in RL?

Ctairo is a splendid one to beholdCtairo is a splendid one to beholdCtairo is a splendid one to behold
I tried to post earlier and found I couldn't. *sad*

I didn't know Wendy personally; yet, her warmth was apparent during my visits to AW. She's still missed, all these months later.

Larissa, you and your family continue to be in my thoughts.

"Either you're gracious. Or you're a dick."

"Can't be both?"

"No."

"I'm a dick."
Ctairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #298
Niniva
Life is just a bowl of cherries...

Niniva is a shiny, shiny jewelNiniva is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew View Post
Whereever you went, I hope you got as wonderful of a welcome there as you gave everyone here.
Yeah, that ^.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #299
Chase
Concord North Bridge

Chase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So sorry and sad for our loss, but I loved all the rememberances here.

Cactus Wendy welcomed me to AW and offered many insights and reps along the way. Haven't been here much of late, so I missed seeing this until now.

I do miss you, CW.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:04 AM   #300
talkwrite
Passion in full bloom

talkwrite leaves trails of profuse coolnesstalkwrite leaves trails of profuse coolnesstalkwrite leaves trails of profuse coolnesstalkwrite leaves trails of profuse coolnesstalkwrite leaves trails of profuse coolness
Oh.
Cactus Wendy was bright and uplifting whether it was about submitting or playing the word games.
Hey CW you just got signed by the big publisher in the sky, can't wait to read your life.
Hugs to her loved ones and fans.

Your personal literary translator.
Take charge of the world reading your book in their language :
www.linguisticworld.com
talkwrite is offline   Reply With Quote