Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2012, 01:32 AM   #4001
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Me and Mum are watching Grimm.
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
lisalulu09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #4002
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's another show on my to-watch list for this summer.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Horserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #4003
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
GOOD.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 05-08-2012, 02:54 AM   #4004
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Hai guise.

I want my mom to get here so I can go home.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Thalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #4005
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

This scene is over 1K and it is still not finished. Seriously, he was supposed to be dead by now.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 05-08-2012, 04:31 AM   #4006
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
An author/coach for The Writer's Voice contest has offered to coach/mentor me, but she'd like me to seriously consider rewriting MAAH in Emil's POV. So, there is a good chance I may do that. Will it stick? I don't know! But I will try it.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:34 AM   #4007
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

BUT BUT I LOVE IT AS IT IS. D:

ETA: Also, I finally finished Chapter One.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 05-08-2012, 04:37 AM   #4008
Thalia

I KNOOOOOW. And it might end up that way! But unless I get an offer on the book as is, I will probably do the rewrite to see what happens. It may be a complete failure, and it may be a total success. No way of knowing unless I try it!

I have had some Rs based on Corwin's POV. I've thought about changing that, but basically been too lazy to actually do it. This tough love may be just what I need.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:41 AM   #4009
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I may post another snippet later this week.

ETA: Going to bed now. 'Night, guys.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr

Last edited by lisalulu09; 05-08-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:55 AM   #4010
Thalia

All right, then!

But first, I gotta figure out how to write the prologue in Emil POV. Hmm.... the prologue has to set up the murders, 'cause at that point in his character development it would be more along the lines of...

Quote:
"Fuck you," said Emil. "Fuck this newspaper. Fuck all newspapers. FUCK THE WHOLE NEWSPAPER INDUSTRY."

Old 05-08-2012, 05:25 AM   #4011
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I GOT A C- FROM MY PROFESSOR FROM HELL!!!
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
amlptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:41 AM   #4012
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I saw, Am! That's AWESOME!

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Horserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:51 AM   #4013
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I KNOW!! This is like the best day ever!

Not only did i find out all this news but then my crush and I or sort of talking on line because he posted a facebook thing about me and that night.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 05-08-2012, 06:04 AM   #4014
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey everyone!

How's it going?

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #4015
amlptj

AMAZINGLY!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 05-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #4016
Elysium
believe

Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's great Ally!

UNFAIR
Old 05-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #4017
Thalia

I saw!

Ally- ASDFGHJKL SO EXCITED FOR YOU.

Ooh, and what's up with your crush?

Ely- dunno if you saw my post on MAAH, but if not, you might be interested. It's #4006.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:35 AM   #4018
Elysium
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
An author/coach for The Writer's Voice contest has offered to coach/mentor me, but she'd like me to seriously consider rewriting MAAH in Emil's POV. So, there is a good chance I may do that. Will it stick? I don't know! But I will try it.
OMG! *jumps up and down*

CONGRATULATIONS! I've been reading all of The Writer's Voice entries and I didn't see yours. Did you enter a long time ago or in the most recent one?

And you should definitely try writing it in Emil's POV. You know how much I love Emil (I lurvvve Corwin too) but...yes you should soooo do it. I see great things happening for MAAH in the future, great things.

UNFAIR
Old 05-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #4019
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post

I've never read it so I can't pretend to know if the dual POV works well or not, but from listening to you talk about it, I thought to myself that the two POV would be hard to pull off. This suggestion might be good for you. The query's really good, though--I read it and the book sounds awesome. Good luck.

*stumbles away to sneering WIP*
MysteryRiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #4020
Thalia

Thanks, Ely! As for your question, check your reps.

ETA: Thanks, MR.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #4021
Elysium
believe

Tally - Repped you back.

UNFAIR
Old 05-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #4022
Thalia

Thanksa much, Ely!

Old 05-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #4023
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Oh, SNL, you never fail to amuse me. (Fifty Sh@des and Amzn parody.)
MysteryRiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #4024
amlptj

Nothing much has been going on with the crush, although he keeps tagging me in his posts, and liking my status, but i also like his all the time, because there funny. Damn i feel like i'm 11 again, which how this sounds. Oh well looks like i'm making up for the middle school experience i missed out on.

Today i really wanted to PM him or whatever it is called on Facebook and say Hi, but i wasnt sure if that would be weird or not. Think next time he's on I'm going too. Ask if he wants to hang out again or whatever. I think i'm going to see him again Friday when we all go to the amusement park.

Anyway Another big development in my life is I've started writing again! Not writing writing but more editing. Needed to change stuff in The Holiday Hacker (most recent book in my series) so now i'm re-writing it. Already 2/3rd of the way done.

Things are looking up finally.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 05-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #4025
Thalia

So, plotted my Emil-POV MAAH in Algebra! I can't wait to write it.

But if I'm online around 3 EST, yell at me to get back to Psychology, 'cause I need to WORK.